Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Gulf Stream Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2011, 02:21 AM   #71
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Hello Stan! and to the Gulf Stream Owners Forum. We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. I am sure you will enjoy the website and forums. Congratulations on your GS Sun Voyager. Good luck, take care and keep us posted.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2011, 10:43 AM   #72

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by c124driver View Post
Traded my 03 HR Imperial in for a 07 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager. Better size for us and much easier for me to do all maint/upkeep.

Stan King
Hi Stan,
Congrats on the new rig!
Would like to hear your thoughts about your GS. Quality, layout etc.
Please post pics, would love to see it.

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:32 PM   #73

Thor Owners Club
Stan..I think you will love your Gulf Stream. We have had ours 2 months and 2500 miles...Enjoy...D
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:14 AM   #74

New Guy

Having a ball with "new to me" Crescendo fred. Spending money and fixing stuff just like if it was a motorcycle, its just bigger and sleeps better. If ya think RV parts are expensive try buying Harley parts So far the Gulfstream bogie man hasn't got me, We are having pretty good luck avoiding trouble so far. The layout inside is perfect for us.
bikerbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:29 AM   #75

Thor Owners Club
Welcome to the GS family ..There really isn't a "GS Boogie Man" There is however a real "RV Boogie Man" and he gets all of them now and again ...Enjoy and post some photos..Peace...D
Old 06-02-2011, 05:44 AM   #76

I have been hanging out on the GSowners forum for a while and just decided to broaden my horizons a bit
bikerbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:44 AM   #77
Moderator Emeritus

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Hello bikerbilly and and to the Gulf Stream Owners Forum. We are glad to have you join us. Congratulations on your purchase and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. I am sure you will enjoy the website and forums. Good luck, stay safe and keep us posted.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:48 PM   #78

Gulf Streamers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Battery compartment, two loose wires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Wizard View Post
We would like to welcome all new members to this forum. We are glad top have you join us here. Please introduce yourself here and don't forget to add your coach information as a signature in any new post made in the forum. Thank you and enjoy!
Hi, this is John and Loretta Pacello from Washington State, we are on a trip in St. Louis Missouri, and had to change our RV storage batteries, I carefully marked all the wires but the two 12/14 Gauge wires (one black and one white) I forgot where they go.
2003 GS Quatro Friendship 330 Cat. Still in transit, can you help? Loretta is in a panic.

Thanks

John
John Pacello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:27 AM   #79

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pacello View Post
Hi, this is John and Loretta Pacello from Washington State, we are on a trip in St. Louis Missouri, and had to change our RV storage batteries, I carefully marked all the wires but the two 12/14 Gauge wires (one black and one white) I forgot where they go.
2003 GS Quatro Friendship 330 Cat. Still in transit, can you help? Loretta is in a panic.
John have you fixed the problem? If not I'm sure you can find a mobile RV Tech to rescue you. Also post the question in the Tech. section of the forums...Good Luck.. D
Old 08-02-2011, 03:12 AM   #80
Moderator Emeritus

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
John and Loretta, welcome to iRV2.com and to the Gulf Stream Owners forum. We are glad to have you join us and I am sure you will enjoy it here.
The white should be going onto the NEGATIVE post of the chassis battery. If you ohm it out to the frame you should find zero ohms resistance. Then the Black goes to the positive post of chassis battery bank
Old 09-04-2011, 02:08 PM   #81

newbie here also.....just acquired a 1990 sun soveerign 34 mc16ft....had minor engine fire which we are getting straightened around now replacing the crispy critters....460 ford on oshkosh mc16fg chassis.....unfortunately, the dummies that were previously working on it removed all the batteries and now we have no way to determine where the cables go to put in new ones.....i called gulfstream, but they were no help....so if anyone has this MH out there and would be willing to share this info / wiring diagram it would be appreciated ...im in michigan, if someone has one i could just look at that would be the cats meow !
smuff168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:26 PM   #82

Hi,

I'm gordon and my wife is Sandy. We live in Breaux Bridge La. and have owned 4 motor homes with the latest being a 1995 Scenic Cruiser ( 2 years now) We purchased it in Savanna Ga. Nov before last. It was owned by a doctor who had professional maintenance on it from day one. We use the mh for reducing our dogs stress levels by taking them to the beach. I'm getting close to retirement but still have to run my consulting business 4-5 days a week. I am a life long gear head and have restored several cars,jeeps a tractor or two and two of the motor homes. I have found most systems on this mh the same as the other mh's but will inevitable need help on things I'm unfamiliar with. My present needs consist of trying to complete the owner paperwork I got with the mh. I need the chassis dwg of the braking system as an example. I'm really happy to find this forum and look forward to what I might learn.

Gordon and Sandy
Happy and the Worm (dogs)
1995 Gulfstream Scenic Cruiser
230hp cummins 6 spd allison
Location Breaux Bridge La.
gsitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:49 PM   #83

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hello smuf168 and gsitts, and welcome to the Gulf Stream owners forum!
I'm sure there are plenty of forum members that will be able to help you both.
I have become quite familiar with the 460 Ford F53 chassis gassers, but not so much with the diesels and Class C's. If there is anything I can do to help just let me know.
Thanks for posting in the Gulf Streamers club sub forum.

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:41 AM   #84

Thank you for the warm welcome. Being new to rv's I know all your experience and knowledge will come in very handy.
Graygulf is offline   Reply With Quote