Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Gulf Stream Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2018, 07:27 PM   #1

Porch light,bathroom light, overhead sink light not working

Tonight we went to check on our 22 ft BTouring Cruiser & Porch light,bathroom light, overhead sink lights are not working. We’ve looked at the dudes, everything look ok, but Gulfstream has no information on what fuses go where on the panel. Recently I tried to fix the porch light & put a new one on, and was not successful, it didn’t work, now all of these lights, as I mentioned are out. Anybody have any wisdom on this. Thank you so much for any help in advance.
KathyandMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2018, 09:00 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
I've often found the fuses aren't adequately labeled. I've turned everything on, pulled a fuse, noted what's not working, replace that fuse and pull the next one. You'll soon have a 'map' of what fuse (dude?) powers which circuit. I've done it in my house, RV, and cruisers. It helps on a dark and stormy night when something fails.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 09:08 AM   #3

Thank you so much for your reply.. we fussed with it and finally broke down and now we have an RZv repair man coming to fix it. Fingers crossed!
KathyandMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 11:37 AM   #4

Porch light, bathroom light, overhead sink light not workingt

You may have gotten this fixed, but if not, it is caused by the GFCI outlet in
the bath room tripping. Just press the reset button on that duplex GFCI outlet and all should work.
damonward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 12:47 PM   #5

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by damonward View Post
You may have gotten this fixed, but if not, it is caused by the GFCI outlet in
the bath room tripping. Just press the reset button on that duplex GFCI outlet and all should work.
GCFI outlet only protects 120v AC outlet and any outlets wired to it. The light at the entrance door and most interior lights are 12v DC, so they would not be wired through a 120v AC outlet.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 08:27 AM   #6

Porch light, bathroom light, overhead sink light not working

In the case of 12 volt. On the converter fuse box there is a auto type fuse labeled GFCI which controls the same lights. I referred to the Bathroom GFCI duplex receptacle because it controls the receptacles in the same locations. Sorry!
damonward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 08:45 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by damonward View Post
In the case of 12 volt. On the converter fuse box there is a auto type fuse labeled GFCI which controls the same lights. I referred to the Bathroom GFCI duplex receptacle because it controls the receptacles in the same locations. Sorry!
There is no 12 volt GFCI device. Your fuse panel must be labeld wrong. A GFCI device, being an outlet of breaker, is connected to any 120 volt outlet that is within 6' of any water source. Not connected to lighting.
Old 07-28-2019, 12:15 PM   #8

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Tip on panel directories

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
I've often found the fuses aren't adequately labeled. I've turned everything on, pulled a fuse, noted what's not working, replace that fuse and pull the next one. You'll soon have a 'map' of what fuse (dude?) powers which circuit. I've done it in my house, RV, and cruisers. It helps on a dark and stormy night when something fails.
What I find useful is to put fuse and breakers directories on 3x5 or 4x6 Index cards in dark permanent ink for # and size, then pencil in anything uncertain, and lay in the panel cover. Easy to pickup/ read in dark, without resorting to laying on floor trying to read upside down/ sideways, and pencil any changes/ corrections, OR NOTES :-) YOU CAN THEN ALSO COPY to Manuals, or digital copies to flash drive?
Old 07-28-2019, 12:21 PM   #9

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
re: 12v-GFCI, I recently read of old RV w/ dual voltage (12vdc/ 120vac) ceiling lighting fixtures, so while I completely understand your comment, I believe I now caution to say "never say never" :-)

Tags
light