Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Gulf Stream Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Rate your Gulf Stream
1990 to 1995 were good years 19 8.56%
1990 to 1995 were not good years 5 2.25%
1996 to 2000 were good years 33 14.86%
1996 to 2000 were not good years 4 1.80%
2001 to 2005 were good years 69 31.08%
2001 to 2005 were not good years 16 7.21%
2006 to 2010 were good years 59 26.58%
2006 to 2010 were not good years 22 9.91%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 222. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2010, 03:38 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Rate your Gulf Stream

2000 Millennium luxury division coach has been very good.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2010, 11:52 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Looking at buying a 2009 Cresendo Trio

Any thoughts? I hear good and bad things. We own a 2003 Bounder now and want to purchase our first DP. Is it like all other RV's things happen and you fix them. Or are there inherant problems with Gulfstream
products. The Bounder had issues, we fixed them and we love it now.
We have time. The dealer is waiting on a gasket that is on back order, so there is no hurry to close the deal. Peace D....
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:08 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Like with any vehicle there are different levels of quality and bugs to be worked out for each manufacturer and model. This is why it is so important to do your homework and find out before you buy. At least you will know where the problematic areas are and can address them early and while in warranty.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:37 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Wizard View Post
Like with any vehicle there are different levels of quality and bugs to be worked out for each manufacturer and model. This is why it is so important to do your homework and find out before you buy. At least you will know where the problematic areas are and can address them early and while in warranty.
Any idea how I find these areas. The Gulf Stream appears to be in near new shape. One owner, local trade, 7500 miles, lotsa extras, the dealership is one of the best in the USA. And they do the maintanace on our 2003 Bounder. There is another coach, a 2007-2008 National RV Tropi-Cal, the dealer that has it has basically said if I buy the GulfStream it will be the worst thing I have ever done. Hummm...Peace D
Old 12-15-2010, 02:37 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
D, you need to do what you are doing right now; use the internet to get those that have had this particular year and model feed back as to quality, likes, dislikes or any other issues or information posted. Don't be afraid to Google, Yahoo, etc the exact year, make and model of the coach and start reading.
Dealers will always say that if you buy the "other" coach (from another dealer) it will be the worst thing you could do.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:51 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
I can't believe the dealer Carolina Coach sent the diss in an email. I think for me and Tracy and the dogs, floorplan trumps all. I've owned a Four Winds Class C, A Winnie Chieftain, a small TT, and the Bounder. Each was good and each had issues.
Thanx for the reply. Hope to see you on the road... D
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Old 03-21-2011, 08:57 AM   #7

I own a 2011 GulfBreeze 25TSS Ultralite and so far is ok. Gone camping 5 times in 3 months of ownership. I don't have any kids, is just wife and I and had to replace two cushions from the dinner set (fabric ripped) and a mini blind in the last camping trip was malfunctioning. These are minor stuff but the trailer is so new (we are the first owners) that nothing should be going wrong. I attended an RV show and next time we buy a TT most likely would not be a GulfBreeze even tho the local dealer is GREAT!!! Great staff and service.
Zonic2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:28 AM   #8

Texas Boomers Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
We were ever so lucky to get our Sunvoyager from family. We are the second owners of this MH and even the mechanic that did the basic oil change said this was the quietest engine on an older RV that he had ever heard. We are making some interior changes as to deco, but that would be all as of now... mini blinds in the bedroom.. had to go.... too many modern choices to put up with a mini blind..
Over all ,, we have no complaints and really feel that with good maintenance we will get a lot of years of pleasure from our 1993 Sunvoyager.
Floyd & Helen

"Travlin with a song and prayer"
Me n Slowpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 06:22 PM   #9

Just FYI on Gulf Stream quality. I recently traded Endura 05 for a Foretravel 05. Both were sold as being in good condition, not major issues and while not warranted, were represented as being solid. The Foretravel has proven no better than the GS, and probably less but I cannot say how the original owners drove/cared for them.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:26 AM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutravlr View Post
Just FYI on Gulf Stream quality. I recently traded Endura 05 for a Foretravel 05. Both were sold as being in good condition, not major issues and while not warranted, were represented as being solid. The Foretravel has proven no better than the GS, and probably less but I cannot say how the original owners drove/cared for them.
Thanks for the update...These (all) MH are built by hand, and by a human.
And humans (even me)Can have a bad day...Best of luck. Safe Travels...D
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Old 08-02-2012, 10:44 AM   #11

I just bought a 2002 Sun Voyager 40 footer. There is a definite problem with the Gulf Stream, and it is the Caterpillar engine they use. The installation design is such that it cannot help but to overheat. There is no way around it because of the lack of air flow, and difficult maintenance, because of a lack of engine access, no hatches or access doors. This is fine if you have a surplus of money to pay a mechanic to spend hours upon hours every year cleaning and maintaining a very poorly designed cooling system. their design should have been over ridden by caterpillar and freightliner from the very beginning. Because of the stupidity of the engineering at Gulf Stream, they lost a lot of dealers, who refused to carry their Class A's, resulting in Gulf Stream going out of the Class A business. There were other much smaller problems, that were easily fixed, but the biggest one was the stupidity of installing an engine in a small cubicle with no ventilation. That was dumb. Results? Don't bother buying a Gulf Stream Class A unless you can find one with a Cummins diesel.
bgc44a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:31 AM   #12

Gulf Streamers Club
I know that this thread is aimed more at the class A, but here is our take on the 5er's. We bought a 2010 34' 5er in late '09. The wife fell in love with it and I liked it very well to. As this was our first 5er we were just happy to have it and did not pay as much attention as we should have I guess. We had some wiring issues with the GF receptacles. It was not that big of a deal but I was amazed at the cheap components used. The biggie was that two of the four slides would not seal at the top when fully extended, the dealer said something to the effect of "so". I found the manual on line for the chassis and adjusted the slides so that they seal fully extended and fully closed. We are now very happy with our purchase and only go to the shows to get out of the house for a day.
gasman28110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:40 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixieray53 View Post
...................There is another coach, a 2007-2008 National RV Tropi-Cal, the dealer that has it has basically said if I buy the GulfStream it will be the worst thing I have ever done. Hummm...Peace D...............
Well, sounds like the Tropi-Cal dealer just wants you to buy his rig.
ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:24 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Wink Rate your Gulfstream

We recently purchased a 2004 Gulfstream Sun Voyager 8378,one owner,20,000 miles,all new tires,rebuilt gen.and the interior/exterior in A-1 condition.Runs great and has many features that are in higher priced new motor homes.We've had it out a few times so for and had no problems.We are going to Wyoming in June for the 53rd Escapade.From there,who knows,as we plan to rv fulltime.
Guy/Nena McWilliams
nena is offline   Reply With Quote