Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Gulf Stream Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2010, 10:56 AM   #1

Satellite Cable

I removed my old sat dish which had two coax cable running inside the coach.
I know where one of the cable goes. But can't for the life of me find the second cable which one would assume went to the bedroom TV for a second receiver.
But it does not. I have put a toner on and and searched every cable I can find with no luck. The one cable which is the primary cable goes to the front compartment next to the TV. I have taken this compartment out for some other work I did. I see the coax cable, sat control cable, 12 VDC wire running into a tube which would go to the sat dish. No other cable in this area.
The coach is a 2006 Crescendo 8386. Any idea?
sparky52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2010, 05:46 PM   #2

Could the second cable be the one running from the basement compartment for the ground dish setup?

Don
rescue7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 12:22 PM   #3

Thanks Don, but No.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:53 AM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Could it be a control cable instead of a TV cable?

It may well run to the same place as the #1 cable.. If you ahve a spare cable end there that's it. WHY you ask.. Well, Both DISH and DirecTV market DVR's these DVR's (Dish is the better one by the way) have DUAL inputs.. so they need two coax cables from the antenna.

Both units can record two shows at one time, (either while watching another or not watching anything) or record one while watching another live, or record one and record AND watch another.. And you can start watching a show after it has already recorded part of it (Say 15 minutes in)

DISH: you can watch one show and your partner another

I have two replay TV's in my coach, so I can record two shows, or watch two shows or record while watching two shows or,, well I won't list all the combinations

Dishnetwork DVR is as good

DirecTV's is not

But both of them take two lines to the antenna.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:05 AM   #5

Did you read my post?????

Old 04-20-2010, 06:27 AM   #6

Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky52 View Post
I removed my old sat dish which had two coax cable running inside the coach.
I know where one of the cable goes. But can't for the life of me find the second cable which one would assume went to the bedroom TV for a second receiver.
But it does not. I have put a toner on and and searched every cable I can find with no luck. The one cable which is the primary cable goes to the front compartment next to the TV. I have taken this compartment out for some other work I did. I see the coax cable, sat control cable, 12 VDC wire running into a tube which would go to the sat dish. No other cable in this area.
The coach is a 2006 Crescendo 8386. Any idea?
What is the brand and type of the dish you removed? Do you know if it was original equipment when the coach was new, or did a previous owner add it?
Old 04-20-2010, 06:36 AM   #7

Sparky,
While I can see that you are trying very hard to make new friends here with your kind responses, I must say that I did read your post and you have not given enough information to get the best responses.
You say you removed your old sat dish which had 2 coax cables running inside. Later you mention a control cable but the rest of us can only speculate whether that control cable came from the dish you removed or not. What kind of sat dish did you remove?
Was this a factory installed antenna or installed after the coach was built? Do both coax cables enter the roof at the same location? About where do they enter?
Bill Adams is offline   Reply With Quote