RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Gulf Stream Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-24-2019, 11:29 AM   #1

Sun Voyager Model 8378 MXG no DC

Considering purchase of 2004 Sun Voyager that has been lived in hooked up to shore power for several years. Everything works as it should except everything associated with 12 DC doesn't work, dash radio, overhead exhaust fans, flourescent lights, generator starter, etc. Shouldn't the convertor carry these items. Not sure of battery condition so put on charger but no change.

Is the 12DC system dependent on fully charged batteries? Is there some master switch for the 12 DC service? Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thx

frsc4699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2019, 10:36 PM   #2

Not sure about the Voyager, but on my coach there are some big switches that you can turn off the DC into the coach. One is right on the entry door to the coach on my Scenic Cruiser, then on the passenger side on mine towards the rear compartment are two big toggle switches that can turn off the DC power when you are going to put the coach in storage or if you are going to use AC power only.

Hope that helps, but I am not sure about the Voyager.

OH! I also forgot to tell you that if you are not hooked up to AC power and the switches are turned on position, then you must have dead house batteries. DC power is coming out of the house batteries. I have four for the house and two for cranking up the Caterpillar engine.

RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 10:44 PM   #3

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
There is OFTEN a 12v Battery Switch, often adjacent to battery, sometimes key operated on wall at step? Sometimes inside battery box? Otherwise check breakers/ fuses at CONVERTER breaker/ fuse panel?

Tags
voyage