RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Gulf Stream Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-22-2019, 02:19 PM   #1

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Spartan Chassis
Tail lights, clearance and parking lights not working

Another problem has cropped up on my '99 GS Sun Voyager bus, Spartan chassis, dp. The clearance lights, trail lights and parking lights (in front) no longer come on. Headlights work fine; dash lights work fine; turn signals and sop light work just fine. The Spartan chassis has 2 places electricals; in the bay directly under the driver and in the bay on the passenger side, where the power inverter is kept. I have checked every fuse, breaker and relay, labeled marker lights or not, and all check out fine. New headlight switch; still no lights. Since, as we know, Gulfstream is not forthcoming with info, I am hoping any of you might have an idea. I have crawled under the dash and checked for broken circuits as there seem to be a few more butt connectors splicing wires on this coach than I have found to be "normal" None on the headlight switch wiring.
Ideas??

madkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2019, 09:34 PM   #2

look for bundled grounds, found many on my winnebagos , after cleaning everything worked!

FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 08:28 AM   #3

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastGlassMan View Post
look for bundled grounds, found many on my winnebagos , after cleaning everything worked!
Thanks, FastGlassMan. I will get started on that today.
Old 10-23-2019, 08:39 AM   #4

Ground wire.
steve52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 07:37 AM   #5

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks, Steve52!
Old 10-25-2019, 11:35 AM   #6

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
(Generally) FRONT parking, TS and running lights are FUSED under the DASH, and fed by the HL switch, WHEREAS rear lights are relay controlled, tied to trailer harness, and FUSED under the HOOD. Be aware of rodent damage, also, as they often chew wires in the warmth under the hood. Luck to ya :-)
Old 10-26-2019, 10:13 AM   #7

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by THenne1713 View Post
(Generally) FRONT parking, TS and running lights are FUSED under the DASH, and fed by the HL switch, WHEREAS rear lights are relay controlled, tied to trailer harness, and FUSED under the HOOD. Be aware of rodent damage, also, as they often chew wires in the warmth under the hood. Luck to ya :-)
Thanks! My Spartan DP chassis has the fuses in a different location.
Old 10-26-2019, 11:25 PM   #8

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Main Point is that Front/ rear fused separate, and rear often RELAY controlled vs direct to switch; I chased wires wasting time once to find a blown fuse that I thought I had checked x3 times previous... but also, CHECK TRAILER HARNESS for damage, esp. if you tow?????????
Old 10-30-2019, 01:58 PM   #9

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by THenne1713 View Post
Main Point is that Front/ rear fused separate, and rear often RELAY controlled vs direct to switch; I chased wires wasting time once to find a blown fuse that I thought I had checked x3 times previous... but also, CHECK TRAILER HARNESS for damage, esp. if you tow?????????
Thanks.. There is obviously something not right. My son came over to help, and we hooked up the new trailer. All was well on the brake lights, but turn signals blinked opposite sides, right on coach blinked left on trailer. When it warms back up, we will be checking grounds and all wiring. I have checked relays, and all appear to be ok. Thanks for the help.
Old 11-05-2019, 05:15 PM   #10
DDP

There may be a control box left side of steering lower fire wall, controls wipers, cruise control and lights. While on trip lost the lights. I could not find the issue. installed a relay to by pass the box and run my lights. lost my steering wheel light controls but at least I could turn on my lights when I needed them. I had tried replacing box, but my issue is somewhere in the wiring, I have an all weather coach so all my wires are buried in insulation foam
DDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 04:30 AM   #11

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks, DDP. I will check underneath the dash again. Have been hampered by weather here in Oklahoma. I suspect it is in the dash somewhere.

Tags
light, lights, tail lights