Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 07-27-2016, 04:45 PM   #1
03 CC Alure 370 Question

Hello all,

We are/will be looking at an 03 Allure, Cummins 370 JB, 36' Sun River First Ave, with 81000 miles. Looking at all the pictures of the coach and information supplied by the owner (original) it appears the coach has been well care for.

Any suggestions on specific items I should plan to check or look at. If all goes well, we may be able to see the coach tomorrow afternoon..

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestion.

Bill Brown
Previously owned a 99 36' Intrigue Galley Slide, w/Cummins 350

aksafariman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2016, 01:40 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sorry but can't help with anything specific to the 03 Allure. Since you have previously owned a coach, you know to check the important stuff like any evidence of water leaks, fiberglass checking or delamination, condition of roof sealant, tire and battery age, and evidence that it has been maintained properly. We've bought 3 class A motorhomes, all used. I refused to look at any coach where the seller could not provide evidence that required maintenance was done.

'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 04:36 PM   #3
Same engine and tranny as mine. Check CAPS fuel pump for leak, check the lift pump for leaks, check exhaust manifold for cracks/breaks, get fluid samples for all. Check air system is not cycling every min or so at idle. This indicates a leak or worse. I've owned mine since new and those are the areas I've had issues with. If aqua hot/hurricane check for operation regardless of OAT.

Good luck and welcome to Country Coach ownership. A great coach IMHO...
Tom and Linda
Original owners
2001 CC Intrigue 40' Suite of Dreams
CC Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 08:22 AM   #4
Unfortunately the coach turned out to be a dog. The owner had obviously drove the coach really hard and really didn't have the know how to care for the coach properly. As the saying goes, It had been rode hard and put away wet, way too many times. Thanks all for your support. I am still looking.

aksafariman is offline   Reply With Quote