Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-16-2016, 03:25 PM   #1

05 CC speaker replacement, lighting upgrade, & tire monitor.

I have a 2005 Country Coach Affinity 770LX that I am upgrading the video and audio system in. I am figuring most of it out but before I break anything gas anyone removed the ceiling speakers or the subwoofer speaker? I tried to twist and gently pry the grill to access the speaker but like I said I prefer not to damage them or the sealing.
Also I plan to replace the interior lighting with an LED type fixture. Has anyone done this with the little flush mount ceiling lights? There is about 40 of them throughout the coach. I also plan the do the same with the bathroom surface mount wall lights.
I am also having issues with the tire monitor in the silver leaf display.
Has anyone had trouble with the tank monitor system?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2016, 03:39 PM   #2

You know, it sounds to me like you should just trade that coach straight across for another CC. One that has had all of these modifications already made.

For this week only, I'll let you have my young 04 Allure 40' High Cascade model... Yep, new 4K LED TV in front, Oppo BluRay BDP95, Marantz AVR, Martin Logan 14" in ceiling speakers. And heck, just because we're fellow IRV2 CC Forum Members - I'll toss in a full tank of fuel too...

Yep, we all do like to help each other on this board!!

Welcome!! And I'm sure those more familiar with the Affinity will provide you some input. If you have not done so, also take a look at the Yahoo CC Owners Group. Look at the pictures, and see if you get any ideas on the TV and Stereo upgrades.

Best of luck to you, and I will follow along, as though the Allure is not an Affinity, I still find I learn from reading about other coaches...
Smitty

Old 07-17-2016, 01:24 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
You know, it sounds to me like you should just trade that coach straight across for another CC. One that has had all of these modifications already made.

For this week only, I'll let you have my young 04 Allure 40' High Cascade model... Yep, new 4K LED TV in front, Oppo BluRay BDP95, Marantz AVR, Martin Logan 14" in ceiling speakers. And heck, just because we're fellow IRV2 CC Forum Members - I'll toss in a full tank of fuel too...

Yep, we all do like to help each other on this board!!

Welcome!! And I'm sure those more familiar with the Affinity will provide you some input. If you have not done so, also take a look at the Yahoo CC Owners Group. Look at the pictures, and see if you get any ideas on the TV and Stereo upgrades.

Best of luck to you, and I will follow along, as though the Allure is not an Affinity, I still find I learn from reading about other coaches...
Smitty
Thanks for the enthusiasm, I'm not ready to trade just yet, I will need to be a little more disappointed to do that. Not to mention my wife would kill me. I just traded my Winnebago Journey 39Z for this back in March. I wanted something with more HP and a tag axle. I will be working on the upgrades and try to remember to post the progress as I go. Since I posted the request I was able to dig deeper into the sound system and found that the speakers were not the issue with the sound. The dealer's guys replaced the receiver and had wired the speakers incorrectly causing the sound to be out of balance. It sounds great since I rewirded it. I would still like to know how to access the speakers for the future if anyone out there knows.
.i built some new mounting brackets for the new 4HD front TV that attach to the cage of the coach. I wasn't comfortable with a TV hanging over my head when going down the road. I have this part of the upgrade pretty much figured out. I use a lot of aluminum in my business ad that worked out really well for my application.
I need to come up with a lighting source and figure the tire monitoring out.
Thanks again.

Tags
ace, light, replace, replacement, upgrade