Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-09-2013, 10:19 PM   #1
Member
 
bmcfaror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 37
07 Allure vs 06 Intrigue

Looking at an 07 Allure 430, 40 foot as well as an 06 Intrigue, 40 foot. Both seem to be in good condition. Any sage advice based upon your experiences? Would really appreciate any advice.
__________________

__________________
2004 Holiday Rambler Endeavor
2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid Toad
Hometown: Corvallis, Oregon
bmcfaror is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2013, 10:27 PM   #2
laj
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,241
Need more details to make a good analogy. Intrique next level up , but i prefer the earlier then 07's. late 07's had the possibility of having more emissions on the engines.
__________________

__________________
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:52 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
dons2346's Avatar
 
Country Coach Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,487
If the Intrigue has a pre emission motor, take it. Either coach is very nice but the Intrigue is much nicer. That is the reason we bought an Intrigue rather than an Allure.
__________________
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:03 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
JohnT's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: On the road.
Posts: 1,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcfaror View Post
Looking at an 07 Allure 430, 40 foot as well as an 06 Intrigue, 40 foot. Both seem to be in good condition. Any sage advice based upon your experiences? Would really appreciate any advice.

We're also looking at possibly the same rigs?
'07 430 Hood River 400 Quad w/ Cummins.
Also a '06 470 Sunset Bay 400 Quad 37' w/ Cummins.
Anything to fear?
__________________
John & Diann
Cooper
2014 Dutch Star 4364 - 2011 CRV EX-L AWD
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:42 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
dons2346's Avatar
 
Country Coach Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
We're also looking at possibly the same rigs?
'07 430 Hood River 400 Quad w/ Cummins.
Also a '06 470 Sunset Bay 400 Quad 37' w/ Cummins.
Anything to fear?
No.
__________________
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:54 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
2 Stroker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Warren, Oregon
Posts: 1,721
We just picked up from Country Coach in Junction City (consignment coach)2006 Country Coach Inspire 360 40ft Genoa Designer Series with 17500mi
Went to Les Schwab today to see what the price of a set (6) Goodyear 295/80R-22.5/16 G670 RV Low Profile Highway would run. They had to call the paramedics $5556.92 out the door with the front wheel spin balance.
The same tire in the Michelins XZA2 going through FMCA should run $4076.70 +install, what did i get myself into. My 5er is looking better all the time.
The good thing about LS is they are everywhere (west coast) and just a mile down the road.
The Michelins through LS would be about $5200 with a same build date as the order.
2 stroker
__________________
2006 Country Coach Inspire 360 40ft Genoa Designer Series, Samsung 197 RR
Cat C9--STEEL & COPPER Bolt Together Radiator w/ updated rubber mounting
SilverLeaf 330 Magnum 2812 PSW 2011 Ford Edge Sport-Air Force One
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:42 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
dons2346's Avatar
 
Country Coach Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stroker View Post
We just picked up from Country Coach in Junction City (consignment coach)2006 Country Coach Inspire 360 40ft Genoa Designer Series with 17500mi
Went to Les Schwab today to see what the price of a set (6) Goodyear 295/80R-22.5/16 G670 RV Low Profile Highway would run. They had to call the paramedics $5556.92 out the door with the front wheel spin balance.
The same tire in the Michelins XZA2 going through FMCA should run $4076.70 +install, what did i get myself into. My 5er is looking better all the time.
The good thing about LS is they are everywhere (west coast) and just a mile down the road.
The Michelins through LS would be about $5200 with a same build date as the order.
2 stroker


Let me be the first to warn you about the G670 tire. They suck!. Mine started rivering almost as soon as I put them on. I managed to get 25,000 miles out of the front before I replaced them with the Michelins. I was going to rotate them to the rear but Schwab told me they would continue to river so away they went. Even the rears are beginning to show signs of rivering so they will go this spring.

Schwab is way over priced and I feel the one in Junction City is more so just because they supplied the tires to Country Coach and the CC people have this thing about returning to the "nest" so to speak.

So, I say stay away from the G670, I think you will be much happier with the Michelin in the long run.
__________________
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:27 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
2 Stroker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Warren, Oregon
Posts: 1,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
Let me be the first to warn you about the G670 tire. They suck!. Mine started rivering almost as soon as I put them on. I managed to get 25,000 miles out of the front before I replaced them with the Michelins. I was going to rotate them to the rear but Schwab told me they would continue to river so away they went. Even the rears are beginning to show signs of rivering so they will go this spring.

Schwab is way over priced and I feel the one in Junction City is more so just because they supplied the tires to Country Coach and the CC people have this thing about returning to the "nest" so to speak.

So, I say stay away from the G670, I think you will be much happier with the Michelin in the long run.
dons
Thanks for the heads up. I need to call Superior Tire in Portland, Oregon to see if they do the FMCA deal and what it will cost to install 6 tires. Like they say, It's only money. I just wanted to see how far out of line Schwab was, about $1000 better in my pocket than Schwabs.
stroker
__________________
2006 Country Coach Inspire 360 40ft Genoa Designer Series, Samsung 197 RR
Cat C9--STEEL & COPPER Bolt Together Radiator w/ updated rubber mounting
SilverLeaf 330 Magnum 2812 PSW 2011 Ford Edge Sport-Air Force One
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:47 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
dons2346's Avatar
 
Country Coach Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,487
I will be needing rear tires when I return to WA this spring so post your findings about the Portland shop.
__________________
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:52 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
2 Stroker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Warren, Oregon
Posts: 1,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
I will be needing rear tires when I return to WA this spring so post your findings about the Portland shop.
No problem just so you know there is another one in Longview, Wa. Hope they are on the plan. Will call on Monday.
stroker
__________________
2006 Country Coach Inspire 360 40ft Genoa Designer Series, Samsung 197 RR
Cat C9--STEEL & COPPER Bolt Together Radiator w/ updated rubber mounting
SilverLeaf 330 Magnum 2812 PSW 2011 Ford Edge Sport-Air Force One
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:42 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
dons2346's Avatar
 
Country Coach Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stroker View Post
No problem just so you know there is another one in Longview, Wa. Hope they are on the plan. Will call on Monday.
stroker
I would rather buy in Oregon for obvious reasons.
__________________
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:17 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
2 Stroker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Warren, Oregon
Posts: 1,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
I would rather buy in Oregon for obvious reasons.
I call today and talked to them and YES they do the FMCA and here is the price.
Mount and dismount about $32.00 each and if you had to do the front that would be $25.00 each spin bal off the rig and if you need the valve stem extenstions for the rear to make life easy they have them also. The person to talk to is Shane there number is 503-595-5470 .
2stroker
__________________
2006 Country Coach Inspire 360 40ft Genoa Designer Series, Samsung 197 RR
Cat C9--STEEL & COPPER Bolt Together Radiator w/ updated rubber mounting
SilverLeaf 330 Magnum 2812 PSW 2011 Ford Edge Sport-Air Force One
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:07 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
dons2346's Avatar
 
Country Coach Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stroker View Post
I call today and talked to them and YES they do the FMCA and here is the price.
Mount and dismount about $32.00 each and if you had to do the front that would be $25.00 each spin bal off the rig and if you need the valve stem extenstions for the rear to make life easy they have them also. The person to talk to is Shane there number is 503-595-5470 .
2stroker
I have an email in to a friend that used a tire shop in Eugene that was way cheaper than Schwab. I called thenm once about some tires but they weren't in stock and couldn't get any for a week. I was in a hurry to get south so bit the bullet at Schwabs but this time I'll be in no hurry.

So, how much were the tires and what size?

Will post info when I get it.
__________________
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:42 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
2 Stroker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Warren, Oregon
Posts: 1,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
I have an email in to a friend that used a tire shop in Eugene that was way cheaper than Schwab. I called thenm once about some tires but they weren't in stock and couldn't get any for a week. I was in a hurry to get south so bit the bullet at Schwabs but this time I'll be in no hurry.

So, how much were the tires and what size?

Will post info when I get it.
Here you go
Tire Connection - Michelin Advantage Program
Size & Price
http://www.fmca.com/images/stories/p...lin-prices.pdf
If you are not a member the cost is $50 the first year then $40 after that.
2 stroker
__________________

__________________
2006 Country Coach Inspire 360 40ft Genoa Designer Series, Samsung 197 RR
Cat C9--STEEL & COPPER Bolt Together Radiator w/ updated rubber mounting
SilverLeaf 330 Magnum 2812 PSW 2011 Ford Edge Sport-Air Force One
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.