RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-23-2018, 08:47 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
'09 Magna vs '18 Entegra Cornerstone

Looked at a new Cornerstone today, decided I didn't want to downgrade to one.
List was $693,000 and it didn't even have electric, remote control Girard window shades just the manual ones with hold down strap. Front tires were 365/70's like mine but tag tires were 315/80's.
Nice rear bath with double sink arrangement. Still don't like the bath and a half floor plans. Woodwork was OK but still like my high gloss cherrywood. But there was better use of space for storage.
Oh yes, on a Freightliner chassis, not a semi-monocoque Dynomax.

Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2018, 09:19 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
You sure that CS wasn't on a Spartan chassis??

I think about downsizing some, maybe a Super C truck conversion like the Renegade Verona. However, I don't think we will like anything as much as we do our Allure.

Old 06-24-2018, 12:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post

I think about downsizing some, maybe a Super C truck conversion like the Renegade Verona. However, I don't think we will like anything as much as we do our Allure.
The Renegade looks great.

Front engine would be a blessing vs a pusher.

However, I can never find a chair or sofa that looks comfortable sitting for those long rainy days in a Class C.
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 01:47 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandec View Post

However, I can never find a chair or sofa that looks comfortable sitting for those long rainy days in a Class C.
Looking at the Verona LE 40' floorplans, the model with the love seat across from the TV (on a televator behind the passenger side sofa) can be replaced with reclining theater seating. We did that in our Allure and the reclining theater love seat is very comfortable.
Old 06-24-2018, 06:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandec View Post

Had a FRED Super C (08 Seneca) .... front engine (noise) and the cab were the reasons we went back to a Class A

Dean....Don't ever ask Gary (Premier) about his thoughts on the Cornerstone
2007 42' Country Coach Intrigue #12149 CAT C-13, 2014 SRX, Roadmaster Sterling, SMI AirForceOne
FMCA, Good Sam, CCFI, CCI, NWCC
CarlAda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 08:51 PM   #6

Yeah, that one has been parked out behind Premier for months with no resolution between the owner and Entrega to get it going again. Not to ping on Entegra owners (different strokes for different folks) but those coaches are in a whole different universe from Country Coach. DW and I stopped at a traveling RV show in the local WalMart parking lot last fall.

The show stopper for me was the horsepower to weight ratio of ~ 0.8 to 100 pounds.

The main selling point seemed to be controlling the whole shebang from a tablet.

FWIW
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, 2018 GMC Acadia
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 04:07 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post

Sorry, you're right, my mistake!!
Old 06-26-2018, 04:13 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCoDave View Post
Yeah, that one has been parked out behind Premier for months with no resolution between the owner and Entrega to get it going again.
I saw it out there last time I was through there.
Old 06-27-2018, 10:25 AM   #9

Now I admit I'm a bit partial to CC's!

I also respect the Foretravel line, and if I won the lotto - would compare a Prevost Based Marathon to the Foretravel Realm and or their Prevost unit. (Foretravel U320/295 were on our short list when shopping. The interiors seemed to be dated compared to CC's at the years we were looking at. And the galley's of most Foretravels, even 45' ones, seem to be smaller then the unit we have in our 40' CC - and that was important to the DW! Hard not to like the ISM with Retarder in the U320's!)

On the market today, dropping down from Foretravel, I recommend to others they look at Newmar and Entegra, if shopping for new coaches. Both are above the rest of the current manufacturers, all of course, subject to opinion. Newmar will also still allow more personalized customization, then most other manufacturers.

On Entegra's. Well I like the layout's of the Cornerstone's I've been in. (Not all, and now forget the two floor plans that we felt are very livable, more so then out Allure's today. I also agree with Mr D's comment, that they seem to utilize space inside better too. The Spartan K3 chassis is well thought of. On power to weight, yep the Anthem fully loaded is on the light side of the power to weight ratio with the ISL450. Aspire is a bit better, and probably equivalent of the ISL400 pushing our Allure (Which is of course lighter then the Intrigue/Magna/Affinity models, as it has less 'goodies'.). The Cornerstone with ISX, seems to pencil out well. Plenty of HP and Torque for the job.

I do not feel the Entegra, or Newmar's, cabinet quality is as good as our CC's. But, they're still better then most other coaches on the roach!

And electric goodies are now part of the game. Good and bad with this!

Not shopping now anyway, but always like to talk RV's!

Best to all,
Smitty
Old 06-28-2018, 03:41 PM   #10

Until a manufacturer builds a coach similar to the 02 Intrigue I had you can count me out.
I am more capable than just pushing buttons. To get a basic coach the construction suffers. I want more quality in construction, and less conveniences.
But, not sure it would be profitable, because I am a little old fashion.
bneukam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 08:56 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
What seems to sell best now is gadget-laden coaches. Folks talk about motorized shades, power engine access doors that jam, and other glitches associated with the high tech controls, etc. Then in the same rigs you read about poorly done wiring, no schematics available, and other just stupid omissions. I am old fashioned too and would rather have better bones and less glitter.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
Old 06-29-2018, 07:45 PM   #12

Coming from our old gas coach the 03 Intrigue is a lot more complicated electrically. Not necessarily up to date but more complicated. I would rather forego some of the electronic extra's and keep it somewhat simple if I have to trouble shoot something out in the middle of nowhere. I am updating some of the electronics in the AV areas and converting to LED's (mostly done) so not totally old school. (No VCR here!)
sanddan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 12:51 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddan View Post
Coming from our old gas coach the 03 Intrigue is a lot more complicated electrically. Not necessarily up to date but more complicated. I would rather forego some of the electronic extra's and keep it somewhat simple if I have to trouble shoot something out in the middle of nowhere. I am updating some of the electronics in the AV areas and converting to LED's (mostly done) so not totally old school. (No VCR here!)
I hear you sanddan! My 4 Track's collection, still serves me well. Who the heck needs Dolby?! And my only problem with my 30' Rotary Antenna, is the dang highway engineer's very seldom allow enough headroom under overpasses. (Thank goodness for Duct Tape, to put the broken pieces somewhat back together.)

All kidding aside, I'm a believer in KISS! But admit I also like the info from Silverleaf...

It's a balance between enough info to know whats going on. Vs too much complexity. The tech, needs tech to manage it - and that's a good sign that things have gone too far! Or, maybe I need to evolve a bit more?

Best to you, and all,
Smitty

Sent from my GT-P5210 using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
Old 06-30-2018, 01:32 AM   #14

Foretravel Owners Club
Have looked at several Entegra's, including the one at Premier.
Did not like the apparent lack of quality assembly, substandard cabinetry amongst other observations.
The layouts (floor plans) are just not fully compatible for complete usage with all slides retracted and the short shortsightedness of their minimal fresh/black/gray tank capacities were not to my liking..
Will keep what we have.
Not the biggest/fastest/have the latest gismo's/ or have the most slide outs

But it still does what we want when we want and how we want...
So it will do..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180506_125347.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	427.4 KB
ID:	208985   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171127_085528_1.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	302.5 KB
ID:	208986  

Click image for larger version