Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2015, 04:36 PM   #1
srh

Newmar Owners Club
10.5 x 22.5 Front Hubcap Question

Hello CC Owner Fellows: I lost one of my front hubcaps. I need to replace it, but because I'm getting new 10.5 x 22.5" rims to accommodate my new 365/70R/22.5 tires, which I do not have yet, I would like to know if the new hubcap (see enclosed pic.) will fit my new wheels?

Thank you in advance for your assistance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New Hub Caps.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	104569  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2015, 10:06 PM   #2

I lost a hubcap also and wound up buying two of these. They went on my wheels just fine. CC guys should be able to confirm fitment. One thing I know is that they can never be lost, since 5 lug nuts hold them on!
Old 08-24-2015, 10:15 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
As you know we already have the 10.5" wide wheels. Here's a picture of them, I think I already posted this before for you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150703_150647[1].jpg
Views:	84
Size:	212.6 KB
ID:	104599  
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 12:06 PM   #4
srh

Newmar Owners Club
MR_D: I know you posted this before and I thank you very much for posting it again. Is this the new kind like the picture I posted - a little hard to tell? I know, according to Kevin Wait, it fits the 9" wide wheel, I just want to make sure it fits the 10.5". I know your front ones are 10.5" wheels. Thanks, again, for your help!
Old 08-25-2015, 09:14 PM   #5
Community Moderator

i lost one of the front hubcaps too recently. i believe the tire guy didn't align the notches so the cap didn't clip in the slot when he installed the new tires (i changed the tires set then hit the road in late july). after losing one, i looked at the remaining one, it was floating on the rim, not really going in.

i found this on ebay, may order the set Hub Caps 2 Front Dome 5 Even Notches for Kenworth Freightliner Aluminum Wheel | eBay
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:17 PM   #6

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFit View Post
i lost one of the front hubcaps too recently. i believe the tire guy didn't align the notches so the cap didn't clip in the slot when he installed the new tires (i changed the tires set then hit the road in late july). after losing one, i looked at the remaining one, it was floating on the rim, not really going in.

i found this on ebay, may order the set Hub Caps 2 Front Dome 5 Even Notches for Kenworth Freightliner Aluminum Wheel | eBay
The new caps don't fit into the wheels, the backing plate goes under 5 of the nuts and slides over the other 5. Totally different setup that CC used.
Old 08-25-2015, 09:19 PM   #7

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
MR_D: I know you posted this before and I thank you very much for posting it again. Is this the new kind like the picture I posted - a little hard to tell? I know, according to Kevin Wait, it fits the 9" wide wheel, I just want to make sure it fits the 10.5". I know your front ones are 10.5" wheels. Thanks, again, for your help!
The bolt pattern would be the same so I'm pretty sure they'll fit. They don't look much if any different than ours. How much are they?
Old 08-26-2015, 09:10 AM   #8
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
The new caps don't fit into the wheels, the backing plate goes under 5 of the nuts and slides over the other 5. Totally different setup that CC used.
thanks mr d for pointing that out... probably i will try rv salvage yards.
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:05 AM   #9
srh

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
The bolt pattern would be the same so I'm pretty sure they'll fit. They don't look much if any different than ours. How much are they?
Thanks for the info. That is what I needed to know. The cost from Kevin W. is $100 for a set of 2 shipping included.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:18 PM   #10

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Thanks for the info. That is what I needed to know. The cost from Kevin W. is $100 for a set of 2 shipping included.
I think that's a great price from what I've seen aftermarket ones going for. When I had the local shop put on the new drive axle shocks they didn't align the covers and so all the nuts hold them on, not just the 5 that are supposed to. Bent them up pretty badly, but I don't have any proof they weren't that way before they started. May be simpler to just buy new ones than try to straighten the old ones if they're cheap enough.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:03 PM   #11
srh

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
I think that's a great price from what I've seen aftermarket ones going for. When I had the local shop put on the new drive axle shocks they didn't align the covers and so all the nuts hold them on, not just the 5 that are supposed to. Bent them up pretty badly, but I don't have any proof they weren't that way before they started. May be simpler to just buy new ones than try to straighten the old ones if they're cheap enough.
So, it looks like the trick is just to have five nuts hold it. I'm going to order a set for when my new rims and tires arrive.I will also get all the tires pressure sensors replaced, plus putting the Cat's Eye on my duels, all wheels balanced using Dyna Beads.