Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2016, 07:28 PM   #1

1995 CC Affinity dead electrical system Help Please

I keep my coach plugged into a 30 amp outlet, yesterday I drove it about 25 miles and installed a tire minder kit. When I went into the coach this evening nothing would turn on except the generator. However nothing would power up with the generator running, I left the generator about 10 min with no results. I checked the main circuit breaker panel with no issues but i did recycle all of them. I looked every where for a GFCI and couldn't find one. I can't access the battery bay or the electrical bay because the coach is to close to the wall. I have a 60hp 4wd tractor that would most likely pull the coach out but the front wheels are turned hard to the left so as to have more room to open the door. The coach only needs to move 3 feet to access the battery and electrical bay but the steering would need be turned hard to the right

I've owned this wonderful coach just a little over a month this being my first RV I have been learning everyday, but I'm up the creek with out a paddle on this one. I will be most thankful for any Help.

Thanks

Charlie Pace
charliepace is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2016, 03:11 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ok, I'm guessing you can't start the engine on the coach in order to move it to access the batteries. The generator operates but the engine won't start. So, if I'm correct here's little system info. You have two DC electrical systems and one AC system. One DC system is for the chassis that runs things like the engine starter, turn signals, headlights, normal car electrical stuff. The other DC system is for the coach and it runs things like interior lights, basement lights, the steps, starts the generator, and anything not related to the car electrical stuff. The AC system is powered by either the generator or shore power. It runs anything AC and an inverter / converter which changes AC to DC and maybe DC to AC. Some units do both, yours may only be a AC-DC converter. So, the Generator provides AC power to the coach and you are able to start the generator so the coach batteries should be good. BTW, caution about pulling the coach with your tractor. You may damage the coach by doing so.

Now that I've said all that here's a link to a .pdf newsletter from a couple of years ago.

http://www.countrycoach.com/pdf/dest...Winter2015.pdf
Download it and go to page 16. This is a tech support article about when your engine refuses to start. It may give what you need in order to got you back in business.
Old 09-23-2016, 05:37 AM   #3

Thanks Steve you have it all correct except the generator has it's own battery. I"m going to the linkyou sent now.

Thank you for the help
Old 09-23-2016, 06:08 AM   #4

I had a 300 amp fuse blow once. The bad news it is located in battery compartment.

mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 06:09 AM   #5

When a power steering pump fails, the wheel can still be turned. It will be hard but you should be able to get them straight.

If too difficult to turn, 2, 8 ton bottle jacks can be used, 1 under each side of the front axle, to pick up the front wheels. That will take the weight off the tires and make the steering easy.

Your air system is another issue. If your pressures are below 40 to 50 psi, your not going to get the parking brakes off. In that case, your going to need a bigger tractor.

You could air up the system, if you have a compressor and access to a tank fill port or crawl under and manually reliese the brakes.

If you manually reliese the brakes, remember to have friends and tire chocks ready because you have no other way of stopping the MH, after it starts rolling.

If this seems overwhelming and you have a towing contract, give them a call, to pull it out for you.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 08:10 AM   #6

Ok the service stop switch is ok, I tried the boost with no luck, I was able to release the parking brake, I can't get the inverter without moving the coach about two feet. It's beginning to look like a tow truck.

Thanks for the help

Charlie Pace
Old 09-23-2016, 08:57 AM   #7

mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 09:53 AM   #8

Country Coach Owners Club
I posted a reply on the Yahoo CC forum also.

If you can get into the coach, you might be able to open the battery compartment.

If so,

1. Try a jumper cable from house positive to chassis positive battery terminals. The house batteries might have enough charge to start the engine.

2. If that fails, put a dedicated charger on the chassis battery to recharge it.

Your chassis battery is likely not charged from generator or shorepower. So it died in 30 days because it was not switched off.

Your class T 300A fuse likely blew in the battery compartment isolating the house battery from all wiring.

A solar store likely has one in stock, or order it online.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 10:03 AM   #9

Both shore power and the generator charges the house and chassis batteries through the inverter charger. Batteries have been staying fully charged the last 30 days.

Something happened over nite and killed all power to the entire coach. Problem is I can't open the battery door or electrical door until the coach is moved about 20 inches forward
Old 09-23-2016, 10:30 AM   #10

Coach Net is sending a wrecker to winch me out 2 feet so I can access the battery, electrical and generator bay doors. Thanks for the help I will report when the problem is solved
Old 09-23-2016, 02:19 PM   #11

Ok Coach Net got me pulled out of the car port, not easy with the steps out and the wheels turned hard to the right. The only place I found any breakers was in the inverter hole off of bay 5 the charge breaker on the HEART FREEDOM 25 WAS TRIPED and the a Big red button was tripped I think this had to be the main cut off breaker.

Thanks for all the in put and help. Also Coach Net has been great fast and good service twice this week, had a flat tire Sunday nite.
Old 09-25-2016, 12:39 PM   #12

Just out of curiosity, what is your CC coach number?
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 09:25 AM   #13

Tags
electrical