Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-24-2016, 11:48 AM   #15

dons2346 - Assuming the Gillig somehow moved the rear drive wheels nearer the back of the chassis and that gave a longer distance between the wheels vs overall length then it is fine. Otherwise it is just physics. Rear drive diesel pushers have the drive wheels in front of the motor. This moves the drive wheels in towards the center. Longer distance from the wheel to the end is a longer lever and therefore more powerful when things like truck wash, side winds, and resistance to turn come into play. Usually nothing is dangerous until bad conditions like emergency avoidance, slick or ice roads, sever wind, is the case. But when they do happen you will be happy you have a long chassis vs house length.

When you drove the short chassis coaches you likely did not have any severe conditions. Why would Ron Lee make the comment if it was not true? I always get push back when I bring this up, but physics is physics. It is the same in cars as in motorhomes. My Corvette had a long chassis and was great on long sweeper high speed curves. My Honda S2000 was a very fast and great sports car. But the Honda had a short chassis. Made my hair stand up a little on those same fast long sweeper turns. A short chassis vs overall length motorhome is an accident waiting to happen. It will bite you at the worst possible time, when a tire blows, you hit a patch of snow or ice, or a big long semi goes past when you are on a snowy road. But in normal conditions you don't notice it much. Stick with a long chassis ratio if you want to keep you and your family as safe as possible. When I bought our coach I made sure it had 100% rating from the RVCG. I have not been sorry.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2016, 10:47 PM   #16

I bought my 2002 32ft allure earlier this year. Had to fix a lot of stuff that didn't work or was missing in the living quarters but I figured I needed to buy it anyway cause there weren't any others available in the $50000 price range that I had come across with 2 slides in that year or later. I really didn't want to get anything any longer . I heard the short coaches were squirrelly but this one seems to handle ok at 60 mph which is as fast as I care to go in most cases with my pu in tow. It sure does turn in a short space. Headed south in a few days to get the hell out of this cold country for a bit quartzite should be far enough.
Roy1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 01:29 PM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks to all for the info. I did not want to mention the place/person I was looking at possibly buying. I had a 38 ft diesel and for some reason my wife hated the size. I think because it was hard to get into some places. Anyway we are looking for up to a 34 ft. It does appear that 45k is pretty steep for a 20yr old rv, but the quality seems to be soooooooo much better than what I have seen for RV's up to 45k.
Bangorbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 03:04 PM   #18

I would bet a 2000 or newer 36' in the dynomax chassis could get into tighter space than that 32'.

Just something to think about.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
bneukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 10:36 AM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bneukam View Post
I would bet a 2000 or newer 36' in the dynomax chassis could get into tighter space than that 32'.

Just something to think about.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Possibly so, but as I stated earlier, we don't want to go over 34 ft. Appreciate the response.

I am trying to find a brochure on the 32 ft, but can't find it.
Bangorbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 10:45 AM   #20

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarvis View Post
Possibly so, but as I stated earlier, we don't want to go over 34 ft. Appreciate the response.

I am trying to find a brochure on the 32 ft, but can't find it.
You might give Damon Rapozo a call. He has a lot of info on Country Coaches. Country Coach Motorhomes offered by Damon Rapozo
Old 12-29-2016, 10:57 AM   #21

Quote:
Thanks to all for the info. I did not want to mention the place/person I was looking at possibly buying. I had a 38 ft diesel and for some reason my wife hated the size. I think because it was hard to get into some places. Anyway we are looking for up to a 34 ft. It does appear that 45k is pretty steep for a 20yr old rv, but the quality seems to be soooooooo much better than what I have seen for RV's up to 45k.

1996 Country Coach Intrigue, Class A - Diesel RV For Sale in Junction City, Oregon | Kenai Coach 96CCI32 | RVT.com - 82431
select55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 03:37 PM   #22

Quote:
We just sold our 24 ft Aspect and now I am looking at maybe a 96 CC, 52k, all original, meaning outside and inside. It is a 32 foot, 300 hp cummins, NO slide. Asking price is 45k.
I am unfamiliar with the pricing of CC and would like some input.

Thanks, Bob

BTW, I have read a lot about the CC brand and don't mind an older unit, but wife wants a short unit.
We just purchased a 2000CC Intrigue with the 350HP Cummins, slide and only 75k miles for $48k. That price seems high for what you're getting.
apatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 03:57 PM   #23

I bought our 97 magna 38ft. 330 hp Detroit with turbo. everything in super cond. Has all the manuals and all the records since new. I paid 42,000 and am well pleased. We drive ours to Florida for the winter and camp in it all summer when we get back home. A old country coach is much better than a new cheaper model. This is just my opinion.
Jerry226 is offline   Reply With Quote