Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-21-2016, 09:23 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
1996 CC Intrigue

We just sold our 24 ft Aspect and now I am looking at maybe a 96 CC, 52k, all original, meaning outside and inside. It is a 32 foot, 300 hp cummins, NO slide. Asking price is 45k.
I am unfamiliar with the pricing of CC and would like some input.

Thanks, Bob

BTW, I have read a lot about the CC brand and don't mind an older unit, but wife wants a short unit.
Bangorbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2016, 10:50 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarvis View Post
We just sold our 24 ft Aspect and now I am looking at maybe a 96 CC, 52k, all original, meaning outside and inside. It is a 32 foot, 300 hp cummins, NO slide. Asking price is 45k.

Thanks, Bob

BTW, I have read a lot about the CC brand and don't mind an older unit, but wife wants a short unit.
Jarvis
According to NADA Guides that's a $12,570 to $15,150 coach: 1996 Country Coach Intrigue Series M-300hp 32' Prices and Used Values | NADAguides
Woodchopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 11:50 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
I wouldn't put a lot of stock in NADA pricing for older, used RVs, particularly the higher end coaches. My feeling is that it's a bit on the high side for that size coach without a slide, but based on condition, options, and history of the coach, it may well be worth the price if it's the unit that you're interested in and you intend on keeping it long term.

Browse through RVTrader.com and look at similar coaches. CC does tend to demand higher prices than many other coaches because it's simply a better built coach than all but a few other brands.

Hopefully, some of our CC owners of older coaches will chime in with their input.
2007 42' Country Coach Intrigue #12149 CAT C-13, 2014 SRX, Roadmaster Sterling, SMI AirForceOne
FMCA, Good Sam, CCFI, CCI, NWCC
CarlAda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 12:26 PM   #4
DTS

Yeah the NADA figures are AFU, don't go by those. There aren't enough of these out there to establish a fair market value on them from sales data. So you're left with anecdotal data, meaning "I bought mine for this, and I know a guy who bought his for that, and there's one for sale over there for such and such".

That said, I think that $45K is a bit steep for that coach. I'd be more comfortable with it priced in the mid-20's to mid-30's, with condition determining where it would land in that window. I bought my 40' '98 with slide earlier this year for $33.5K, and another member here bought one very similar at about the same time for $29K, if I recall correctly. But I think the 32' length might be something that increases the value, for yours. Lots of 40-footers out there but very few shorter DP's, and a lot of people are looking for those these days.

Best of luck either way. I'm sure its a great coach, everyone seems to love their late-90's Country Coaches, us included!
1998 Country Coach 40' Intrigue #10544
DTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 02:38 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarvis View Post

Thanks, Bob

I just purchased a 2000 32 single slide. Love the coach and the length. I paid mid 30's. It had a couple minor repairs in the 2k range. I agree that any book values are off the mark - not only with purchase but insurance. The 32's are difficult to find and appear to be in the higher pricing (you can buy a 36 for the same price often). Good Luck!
rr2rv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 03:37 PM   #6

If you really like the coach, and it doesn't have any issues, or foreseeable expenses like tires, then mid to upper thirties would seem reasonable. If you plan on owning it for extended period of time price is secondary.
I would first give it a good look at the undercarriage. I've seen quite a few that were pretty rusty.
Then check for sidewall delamination, and moisture damage, or musty smells on the inside.
Sorry, i don't know much on the chassis of that era or the power train, but I have not heard anything bad. My thinking is when things break, if I have a coach that is worth putting repairs into, I won't mind so much. If its rusty, and musty, then I am going to complain about every dollar.
Like you I came from a Itasca 24' class c that I drove for almost 20 years. Wanted a smaller but well built DP. I did test drive a couple of the 32' Intrigues. One was at CC when they were still selling used. I found them to be a little squirmy at speeds over 60. Both I believe had the ISL in them, which are much heavier. Ended up with a 36' as most of that extra length goes in the wheelbase.
It measures 37" to the rear view mirrors. I camp most often in state parks in the NW. If the camp site is long enough never had a problem getting into them.
bneukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 04:23 PM   #7

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I was in the automotive business for many years. The NADA values do matter for several reasons, namely financing and insurance. As a general rule a vehicle that is very nice with very minor body or paint defects, near perfect interior (maybe new tires all around) and overall in excellent condition may bring 10 to 50 percent over nada value, but 100 to 200 percent is a long stretch and undoable for anything but a cash sale. I wish you luck.
Patti Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 05:20 PM   #8
DTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxiboo View Post
I was in the automotive business for many years. The NADA values do matter for several reasons, namely financing and insurance. As a general rule a vehicle that is very nice with very minor body or paint defects, near perfect interior (maybe new tires all around) and overall in excellent condition may bring 10 to 50 percent over nada value, but 100 to 200 percent is a long stretch and undoable for anything but a cash sale. I wish you luck.
I doubt any bank would finance it even if the purchase price was below NADA value, just based on the age of the coach. Financing anything over 10 years old is tough, and that one is 20. It pretty much has to be a cash sale anyhow.
1998 Country Coach 40' Intrigue #10544
DTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 09:12 PM   #9

Bob,
If the coach your asking about is the one at Kenai Coach in Junction city. Terry, the owner does know DP. If there is any upgrades you would like to do, now would be the time, as you can work these in with your offer.

Also, not sure if you've heard of Kevin Waite, he is the owner of K & M Mobile rv repair, and former Country Coach Tech. He is located in Junction City, and does inspections. Many of us rely on him for expert advice and parts. His number is 541-953-6162.
bneukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 09:18 PM   #10

Oklahoma Boomers Club
We picked up our 92 Magna for $17K and she had a new long block and turbo put in @97K miles. She had 120K when we bought her. In fantastic condition.

She needed new shoes (aged out) & shocks and a few minor fixes. Yeah, we stole it.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 09:21 PM   #11

Way too much. I've got the same rig and year, but mines 36ft. Prior owner asked $37k I got it for $30k just 18 months ago. Good luck!
UncleBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 10:25 PM   #12

The 32ft CC is in demand more than any other CC. That one might be priced a little high but you will pay more for that 32 than you,would for a 36,38, or a 40.

If the Howard brothers would have built coaches in the 32-36 range, they would still be in business. A comment made by one of the Howards about building short coaches is that they didn't make enough money off of them
Old 12-23-2016, 09:46 PM   #13

Be sure to keep in mind that 32' Country Coaches are the only length that go shorter than recommended chassis length to house length. 36' is fine, but the 32' steer "twitchy". The word "twitchy" is quoted from a conversation I had about five years ago with Ron Lee while at the CC factory for repairs.

Also, when you are getting into that age condition is really important. A couple of major repairs can cost the purchase price.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 10:08 PM   #14

The '96 will be on a Gillig chassis which is totally different than the DynoMax so the handling won't be the same. I have driven 32's and didn't feel that they had a bad handling problem. I have driven a 32 with the 400 ISL, it was a rocket