Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2014, 04:25 PM   #1

1999 Allure

Going to look at a 99 Allure. 40ft single slide 330 Cummins w/6spd Allision Anyone know if it's a solid I beam or ifs? Looks like its in good shape. One owner all service records 50k miles. Asking 45k. Over priced? Average nada says 38k. Not sure about date code on tires or battery condition.
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2014, 05:11 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
The '99 is an excellent coach. It was made back in the day of quality workmanship and materials. I do believe the coach has a straight axle and not the independent front suspension but I wouldn't let that hinder a purchase.

I have said it before and I'll say it again. The value that NADA puts on coaches sucks. 45K might be a little high but not that much. There should be some wiggle room on the price,
dons2346 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:01 PM   #3

He started at 69k then dropped it to 59k now asking 45k. Looking to sell because he just doesn't use it very much. If solid axel I'm a little concerned. I hear they are a bear to turn and their turning radius is huge. It also has oak that I'm not a big fan of. But if the price is right and in great shape.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:39 PM   #4

Mike - It is likely a solid axle. I have IFS, works well and turns very sharply. But you should check to see what the wheel cut is on that particular coach before you sell yourself against solid axle. Call Country Coach in Junction City and ask them what the axle cut is.

A 99 with Cummins 330, 6 speed, and single slide is a very desirable coach. If you like it buy it. Don't wait to get a bottom feeding deal on a coach you don't love. Buy the one you love.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:06 PM   #5
laj

absolutely agree with B Bob. yes, there is a little difference in turning radius but not enough to kill a deal. if this coach has the floor plan you like, and most of the options get it. you might look for a long time to find one you like as well. jmo
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:09 AM   #6

Canceled my plans to go look because of weather forecast. Woke up to light drizzle. Now clear skies and mild temps. Got a call in and try for this afternoon. Anything special to take a good look at?
Old 01-18-2014, 10:03 AM   #7

Nothing special. just the usual stuff. CC sent every coach out with a complete set of manuals for the coach. You should get one for the chassis, one for the house, and a box full of manuals for everything installed in the coach.

If the tires are approaching the age limit, I would try for a new set of tires. Heck, might as well ask for a lube, oil change, and have the filters changed.

I wouldn't worry about the wheel cut, that is a minor issue
dons2346 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:12 AM   #8

I think I have a solid axle in my '95. Drives like a dream and never a problem with turning radius in 70,000 miles. At least, I am not aware of a problem if I had one.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 05:18 PM   #9

Never heard back from seller today so didn't get to see. Maybe he sold it.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:37 PM   #10

I'm in the process of buying a 2000 Allure 40ft with single slide with 36K. I think they went to the independent front suspension on what they call the Dynomax chassis that year. I think they also doubled the size of the frame rail that year. Not sure what chassis make they were using in 1999 maybe still a dynomax with straight axle. My first MH also. I saw a lot of Country Coaches Out there that were priced over NADA by quite a bit. I'm paying 42k for this one which is about 8k under high book. I've been looking for several years now. It's hard to get a accurate NADA Price as individual buyers had so many upgrade options. You really need to know what the standard options were for the year and model you are looking at then add on the options that have been added. The options can increase the NADA retail shown a lot. Shouldn't check anything on their list of options if it came standard on that coach though. Good Luck hope you find what you are looking for.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:01 PM   #11

The older ones used a Gillig chassis. CC made their own chassis starting in 1996. I just saw were ifs started in the 2000 model year.