Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-01-2015, 11:56 AM   #1

1999 Allure overheating

Anyone know what radiator fan rpm should be standby and at full speed. test indicate the thermal valve in the radiator is defective. Would like to be sure it is reaching full speed when new valve is installed.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2015, 01:50 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by luqutus View Post
Anyone know what radiator fan rpm should be standby and at full speed. test indicate the thermal valve in the radiator is defective. Would like to be sure it is reaching full speed when new valve is installed.
Gas or diesel? Electric fan or mechanical?

BTW, if you add your coach year, make and model to your signature it will
help others with answering your question.

Old 08-01-2015, 05:10 PM   #3

WeVRVing (Like that one!) - Easy to miss. But, he posted in the CC owner section. And the heading reflects the year and model (99 Allure).

It's a diesel, assume the 8.3 Cummins.

Lugutus - Not sure if you have the famous 'Fan Controller' that is on our 04 era Allure. Hope others will chime in for sure. But, we've recently fixed an intermittent unknown gremlin, by going to the fan controller harness. Disconnected it and sprayed with with electronic contact cleaner, can air dried it (or wait an hour), used a Q Tip to add dielectric grease, and plugged everything back together. Have not had any repeats of our intermittent problem. And, have added the cleaning maintenance to our annual To Do list.

The fan controller is mounted differently on different CC's. But look towards the back/rear side of the radiator. Shout find it that general area. Ours is a must pinned harness. The fan controller also has metal tubes running to it.

Hope other 99 era Allure owners will pin point the location for you. You can also get a 'How to do a diagnostic check.' on this controller, but searching the Yahoo Country Coach Owner group. If cleaning the harness does not help, this would be the next logical step, I think!

Best to you,
Smitty
Old 08-01-2015, 09:09 PM   #4

It is the 8.3ISC the fan is totally hydraulic no electronics. I already know the thermal valve is bad and have new one ordered. The fan should run at stand by speed until temp. reaches normal then gradually ramp up to full speed at 203 deg. Just want to know if all else is working correct by checking fan rpm at stand by speed and at full speed. But I need to know what those two rpm's should be.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:57 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
luqutus I am having overheating problems as well on my 98 Allure ISC. Where is your thermal valve located? Is that the only device which governs your fan speed?

My fan is also all hydraulic and I see no wires to it, only hoses. I'm sorry to hijack your post but everything I've searched and found are on later models with more elaborate fan controllers. Can you point me to any resources for our era systems?

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Retired USAFR
ltcolmac17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 09:40 AM   #6

overheating country coach allure 99

Itcolmax17: The valve is located on the top rear corner of the radiator. Ther.e are 2 hydraulic lines running to it from the fan. The test is to disconnect the 2 lines from the valve and plug them, then start the engine and fan should run at full speed. You should be able to hear a big difference in fan speed. If the fan does speed up the most likely, almost for sure, bad part is that valve. Country Coach wants $1000 for the valve but after searching on the internet for days I found one for about $350 but with a 12-13 week delivery from the UK. They have to build it and program it for correct temperatures. If you determine that is your problem post back to me as the original manufacturers no longer exist. I can give contact I found and new correct part number.

Luqutus
Old 08-06-2015, 12:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltcolmac17 View Post
luqutus I am having overheating problems as well on my 98 Allure ISC. Where is your thermal valve located? Is that the only device which governs your fan speed?

My fan is also all hydraulic and I see no wires to it, only hoses. I'm sorry to hijack your post but everything I've searched and found are on later models with more elaborate fan controllers. Can you point me to any resources for our era systems?

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
You might call here, they may be of some help.
Source Engineering Inc | Custom RV Chassis | Eugene, OR
2 stroker

2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heating, heat