Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2019, 02:07 PM   #1

2000 Country Coach Affinity

I am interested in a 2000 affinity 42 ft . I
t is powered by c-12 455 hp cat. 70,000 miles.

The coach would be for just my wife and myself plus our
dachshund. We would travel for half the year and be in florida for the rest. Will be retiring when house sells. I have been driving trucks my whole life so i have a appreciation for Diesels.

Any one have experience with this classic
Country Coach that would like to share I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

t
Happy 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2019, 04:24 PM   #2

Well I have a '99 Allure the bottom of the pile in the early years. Bought it in '02 with 50K on her. It now has 190K pretty much trouble free miles. IMHO these early coaches have great bones and with mine I really haven't had many issues.

I have the Cummins ISC350 with the Allison single galley slide Dechutes model. Yours being the higher end unit has more whistles and bells but I think was built with the same integrity as all of the CC's were at that time.

Look it over carefully, have the engine and trans checked out by a qualified person and if the interior is what you like then pull the trigger and enjoy that beautiful classic.

I have looked at newer ones over the years but always stick to what I have since I know the old gal inside and out and she has been good to us.

Best of luck and welcome to a great forum
'99 Allure 36' #30307
Enjoying it while we can. 200,000+ and counting!
Burfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 04:41 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burfman View Post
Well I have a '99 Allure the bottom of the pile in the early years. Bought it in '02 with 50K on her. It now has 190K pretty much trouble free miles. IMHO these early coaches have great bones and with mine I really haven't had many issues.

I have the Cummins ISC350 with the Allison single galley slide Dechutes model. Yours being the higher end unit has more whistles and bells but I think was built with the same integrity as all of the CC's were at that time.

Look it over carefully, have the engine and trans checked out by a qualified person and if the interior is what you like then pull the trigger and enjoy that beautiful classic.

I have looked at newer ones over the years but always stick to what I have since I know the old gal inside and out and she has been good to us.

Best of luck and welcome to a great forum
BURFMAN,
First off thanks for sharing your experience. I will definitely get the engine and trany professionally checked out, solid advice .

How has your exterior paint held up?
Old 07-04-2019, 05:26 PM   #4

I live in Arizona and the coach has been stored outside since I bought it in '02. The Gel-Coat is in good shape and I just had the stripes repainted last year due to paint checking.

Each year I have a guy come over and apply a coat of wax by hand on the coach and then follow up while traveling with WWA (Wash Wax All) when we stop. He does a great job and the old gal really shines.

We put in new plank flooring, new smart TV's a satellite dish, new back-splash, a custom sleeper couch and some other items to upgrade the interior. Like I said earlier to me it has great bones so why spend a ton on a newer coach that I don't know the history.

If you buy it or any other coach just do your maintenance, take care of the interior and it should provide a great way to retire. We sure enjoy it.
'99 Allure 36' #30307
Enjoying it while we can. 200,000+ and counting!
Burfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 06:12 PM   #5

Preventive maintenance is surely the key.
But yours stored outside in the heat of Arizona says alot about the quality of the paint job.

From the pictures I have seen it appears some of the clear coat is peeling.

I have a friend who had a 2001 affinity and can not say enough about it.

He was in a very serious accident In it, and he is convinced if it where not for the frame construction he would not be with us todsy.
Old 07-05-2019, 09:43 AM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
The clear coat peeling on our CC has been my largest RV maintenance focus since about 2012.

The only real solution is to spend $25k+ and repaint the rig if you have multiple colors and clear coated gel coat along with two part painted gel coat as we do.

The clear coat peels at different rates from gel coat and base paint.

CC built a wonderful coach, but paint exposed to UV for almost 25 years has a finite life.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 04:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandec View Post
The clear coat peeling on our CC has been my largest RV maintenance focus since about 2012.

The only real solution is to spend $25k+ and repaint the rig if you have multiple colors and clear coated gel coat along with two part painted gel coat as we do.

The clear coat peels at different rates from gel coat and base paint.

CC built a wonderful coach, but paint exposed to UV for almost 25 years has a finite life.
That's a shame I thought there might be a cheaper fix.
Old 07-05-2019, 06:14 PM   #8

Would you be willing who waxes your coach?
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 10:25 PM   #9

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy 1 View Post
That's a shame I thought there might be a cheaper fix.

Take a look at all the posts talking about "ZEP". It is a bar finish and a lot of people are using it as a replacement for painting the coach. Downside is you have to remove the clear.
Old 07-06-2019, 04:02 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
Take a look at all the posts talking about "ZEP". It is a bar finish and a lot of people are using it as a replacement for painting the coach. Downside is you have to remove the clear.
Zep, I have never heard of it I will read the posts. Thanks

Tags
country coach