Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-14-2016, 08:38 PM   #1

2000 Intrigue with a rear coolant pump?

i have gone through this very educational thread
Lost My Engine Coolant!

does 2000 intrigue or allure have the rear coolant pump? i went under the engine/drive shaft/rear wheels, but didn't see a unit like a pump and no leaking whatsoever. an assembly with two coolant hoses in and out looks like a valve right above the transmission. could that be the one? have anyone owning a 2000 cc rig done that? i just want to be proactive addressing the issue while i have time now. appreciate it if anyone can confirm.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2016, 09:48 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Are you referring to the coolant circulation pump for the Hurricane system? You will find it on the driver's side mounted to the frame rail. I can be identified by the green hoses that are attached. That pump is mounted with the motor below the pump section so that if the pump looses a seal, the coolant runs into the motor which will kill it. The pump runs all the time. You can eliminate the pump and just attach the hoses together and you will see no ill effect as there are still two pumps in the system, one in the Hurricane compartment and one up front on the pax side of the coach. It is located exterior to the coach.

Old 01-14-2016, 09:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
Are you referring to the coolant circulation pump for the Hurricane system? You will find it on the driver's side mounted to the frame rail. I can be identified by the green hoses that are attached. That pump is mounted with the motor below the pump section so that if the pump looses a seal, the coolant runs into the motor which will kill it. The pump runs all the time. You can eliminate the pump and just attach the hoses together and you will see no ill effect as there are still two pumps in the system, one in the Hurricane compartment and one up front on the pax side of the coach. It is located exterior to the coach.
thanks don. no, i was not talking about the hurricane pump, but the rear coolant pump. you are correct, there is a pump at front for heater, so i wanted to bypass the rear one, which is known to be prone to leaking. i couldn't be sure where the rear one is at, or if there is really one.
Old 01-14-2016, 10:24 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFit View Post
thanks don. no, i was not talking about the hurricane pump, but the rear coolant pump. you are correct, there is a pump at front for heater, so i wanted to bypass the rear one, which is known to be prone to leaking. i couldn't be sure where the rear one is at, or if there is really one.
That is the pump I am talking about. It is in the circulation system of the Hurricane system. It is the only pump back there.

Somewhere I have some pictures of it, I'll see if I can find them but the prospects aren't good as it has been a few years.
Old 01-14-2016, 10:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
That is the pump I am talking about. It is in the circulation system of the Hurricane system. It is the only pump back there.

Somewhere I have some pictures of it, I'll see if I can find them but the prospects aren't good as it has been a few years.
now i have a better understanding about it. i had a misperception earlier. since you had it, looks like i should have one as well... yeah if you could find the pic that would be a big help. salute!!
Old 01-15-2016, 07:59 PM   #6

i crawled into under the engine from driver side and took this pic. does this look like the pump in the shape of cylinder in the middle?

Old 01-15-2016, 08:59 PM   #7

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I have a 99 Intrigue and it looks just like yours. Doyle
Old 01-15-2016, 11:15 PM   #8

it is at a right location per chassis manual, but it seems bigger than what shows on the manual. don, was yours like that? thank you much.
Old 01-15-2016, 11:22 PM   #9

It looks like the same pump I have on an 08 magna. Its above the driveline and sends coolant to the front of coach. I replaced last year.
Old 01-15-2016, 11:47 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFit View Post
it is at a right location per chassis manual, but it seems bigger than what shows on the manual. don, was yours like that? thank you much.
Yup, that's it. I haven't located the pictures yet.
Old 01-15-2016, 11:50 PM   #11

thank you everyone for confirming it. in 2000 intrigue, it is mounted on the driver side rail, plenty of space for access and nothing under it. it should be an easy job
Old 01-20-2016, 03:39 PM   #12

I plan on removing mine and bypassing it, possibly putting a ball valve shut-off in its place.
Has anyone done that?
The engine water pump has plenty of flow without the aux pump, IMO.

Thanks

'97 Country Coach Intrigue
BRex45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 09:24 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRex45 View Post
I plan on removing mine and bypassing it, possibly putting a ball valve shut-off in its place.
Has anyone done that?

Thanks
Why would you want to put a valve in the equation? Why not just take the pump out and add a section of brass pipe to connect the hoses together?
Old 01-21-2016, 02:59 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRex45 View Post
Has anyone done that?

Thanks
just a bypass, simple is better.

i crawled under and looked at it from all angles, it's an easy job on my rig. different year may have a different location and layout though. if yours is the same as mine, to bypass it, you can do it from under the transmission reaching up, or accessing from top after removing the bed board. pull out the end on the pump and connect it to the other away from the pump at the fitting. no additional fittings or parts to buy.

tools needed: an 8mm socket and 1/4" ratchet drive. a flat screw driver may help loosen up the hoses.

since mine is not leaking, i decide to leave it alone. i walked an extra mile though - tightened a little all coolant hose connectors around as they are 16 years old (amazing those hoses are still soft and strong). when the day comes, it won't be leaking like a down pour, maybe a slow leak, i will do a bypass no matter where i am at. the only thing i would do differently - find a large but low container (6gal) to release the coolant at the main hose immediately outside the radiator, before i'll work on the pump. the coolant can be reused (mine is the new type "final charge").

good luck and enjoy your rv life.