Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-23-2016, 06:06 PM   #29

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnocmmz View Post
They mentioned on the phone that I have to sign to a purchase agreement and then move forward prior to the inspection? Is this normal and is the price about right? Any input is appreciated. Thank
"getting closer"
NO, it is not "normal"!

Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2016, 06:10 PM   #30

Just be sure the purchase agreement is contingent on inspection, and approved financing (if you plan to finance). ...and anything else that might give you cause to back away from this unit as you learn more.

Also specify the terms of having your deposit refunded. They'll probably baulk at that, so be pretty sure you want the unit before you give them any money. Or try to make the deposit as little as possible.

Old 06-23-2016, 08:26 PM   #31

Definitely have a clause in the contract that allows you to back out of the purchase if the inspection reveals any serious issues. Before you sign anything go over the coach and make sure everything works--lights, AC units, heat, water heater, slides go in and out without any binding, floor heat, cooktop and microwave, generator starts and powers the coach, look for date codes on tires, etc. Rubber components in the suspension may need to be replaced. Don't expect not having to spend any money on the coach after you get it home, but try to minimize post-purchase repairs.
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 09:10 PM   #32
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
NADA shows 2002 Affinity 40' at about $99K average retail so their price of $89K seems OK if the coach is in acceptable condition.

Agree with the others about being very careful signing any purchase agreements that are not clear on what your exit options are. I'd want to list what conditions found during an inspection would let me loose.

Take your time looking at the coach yourself. Get on the roof and look at it if you can. Look inside all the interior compartments, especially those near the ceilings to inspect for any evidence of water intrusion... staining, puckered wall covering, etc. Make them demonstrate every system. Check tire date codes. Take it for a good test drive. Check for fogged windows.

Does the coach have maintenance records? If there was only one prior owner, will the dealer put you in touch with that person?

Good luck with it. Hope it is a great coach and you get it if you want it.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 07:53 AM   #33

Mike,

If you test the coach and you want to buy it subject to inspection just write that into the purchase agreement. You just write in that if this coach fails the inspection for any reason the agreement is void and all your deposit will be returned.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 06:16 PM   #34

Quote:
I have seen several online but I am driving about 7.5 hours to actually to view a 2002 Tag axle CC Affinity B&B this weekend in person with the Mrs. (most important vote :-) ).

cnocmmz,

So how did the coach look? Is it worth making a move on?

Bill
Old 06-27-2016, 07:04 AM   #35

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwinwilly View Post
cnocmmz,

So how did the coach look? Is it worth making a move on?

Bill
Unfortunately, could not make it because of work issues that came up.,, I will say that the manager of the lot was very pushy and I did not feel comfortable. My wife was put off somewhat. That being said, it right well be a great rig...., I am sure someone will get it lol
Old 06-27-2016, 07:32 AM   #36

Quote:
Unfortunately, could not make it because of work issues that came up.,, I will say that the manager of the lot was very pushy and I did not feel comfortable. My wife was put off somewhat. That being said, it right well be a great rig...., I am sure someone will get it lol
Hey... I'm with you on that. If the dealer rubs you the wrong way, that's a bad start to making a good business deal. My wife and I have walked away from dealers for that very reason. Once you get the bad vibe, you'll be looking over your shoulder and second guessing everything the guy tells you, and every decision you make.

Best of luck to you!
Old 06-27-2016, 09:45 AM   #37

It is almost always best to be able to have a conversation with the previous owner to get a sense of how the coach has been cared for and also to find out about any quirks it has. For example. On Affinities the fan belt for the generator is hard to get to. Hence the service people want to skip checking it when servicing the generator. My generator overheated when I got the coach. I had the shop I was using check it a couple of times. I told them to check the thermostat and fan belt. They gave it back to me with a changed thermostat. It still overheated. We went on a trip and put up with the generator overheating the whole trip. I had another shop check it. They were stumped. Finally I went back to the first shop and told them, "CHECK THE FAN BELT". They did and changed it and problem solved.

Sometimes the Silverleaf does not work to turn off and on the generator. ????? There is a switch in the bedroom and also on the side of the genny. The real answer is you turn off the house power for ten seconds and turn it back on and the Silverleaf re sets.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 04:08 AM   #38

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Bob View Post
It is almost always best to be able to have a conversation with the previous owner to get a sense of how the coach has been cared for and also to find out about any quirks it has. For example. On Affinities the fan belt for the generator is hard to get to. Hence the service people want to skip checking it when servicing the generator. My generator overheated when I got the coach. I had the shop I was using check it a couple of times. I told them to check the thermostat and fan belt. They gave it back to me with a changed thermostat. It still overheated. We went on a trip and put up with the generator overheating the whole trip. I had another shop check it. They were stumped. Finally I went back to the first shop and told them, "CHECK THE FAN BELT". They did and changed it and problem solved.

Sometimes the Silverleaf does not work to turn off and on the generator. ????? There is a switch in the bedroom and also on the side of the genny. The real answer is you turn off the house power for ten seconds and turn it back on and the Silverleaf re sets.
Thanks so much for your insight. I keep this in mind -