Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-16-2016, 09:41 AM   #1

Mid Atlantic Campers
2001 Country Coach Affinity

Hi All
The Mrs and I are looking at purchasing a 2001-2002 CC Affinity because of all that we have read on these coaches. Really cannot find anything negative about them. We previously had a 2004 36 Ft Holiday Rambler (gas) and we enjoyed it but the Allison seemed to struggle pulling a Jeep Cherokee traveling up through the Blue Ridge mountains. Overall great Rig. That being said, the CC seems to have good a great rep and now it is just about negotiating the price :-) Any guidance or comments are appreciated!
Thanks all
Mike
"In Search Of"

cnocmmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2016, 11:40 AM   #2

The 2001-2002 Bed and Breakfast Affinity was our favorite coach for a long time. We loved the tight turning radius, the ride, the storage, and the heated floor in the kitchen/bathroom. The 505 Cat will keep running forever, and have no problem pushing you up any hill. We also liked that it only had two slides, and being fully usable with the slides in. Just get it thoroughly checked out, and you will have a great coach!

Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 09:38 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Wow, coming from a gas rig to the CC Affinity will be like trading a Ford Pinto for a Mercedes Benz .

We dearly love our Allure but could be very happy in a Magna or Affinity. I always linger and drool whenever we see either of them in RV parks. Classic good looks, built like tanks.

My best advice is to have someone very qualified do a thorough pre-purchase inspection. When shopping for motorhomes (we are on our third), it was amazing to see so many previously expensive and nice rigs that were just not maintained well by previous owners.

Good luck with your search and let us know what you find.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 05:27 PM   #4

Mid Atlantic Campers
Pre-inspection

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Wow, coming from a gas rig to the CC Affinity will be like trading a Ford Pinto for a Mercedes Benz .

We dearly love our Allure but could be very happy in a Magna or Affinity. I always linger and drool whenever we see either of them in RV parks. Classic good looks, built like tanks.

My best advice is to have someone very qualified do a thorough pre-purchase inspection. When shopping for motorhomes (we are on our third), it was amazing to see so many previously expensive and nice rigs that were just not maintained well by previous owners.

Good luck with your search and let us know what you find.
Would like to know who to find or where to do search for such a person? Any help would be appreciated
Old 06-18-2016, 06:35 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnocmmz View Post
Would like to know who to find or where to do search for such a person? Any help would be appreciated
That will depend on where you are looking. For example there are a lot of CC's in Oregon and CA since they were made in Oregon . In that part of the country I would recommend Kevin Waite in Junction City, Oregon .

In Florida I would recommend Butch Williams at Fountain RV in Lakeland .
Old 06-18-2016, 06:53 AM   #6

Ours is a little older but I.m very happy with it, CC built great coaches.
Old 06-18-2016, 09:10 AM   #7

We have had our 2002 Affinity for almost seven years. It performs well. As Peralko mentioned we like the interior layout of our coach. It only has two slides, but the way the interior works is very good. The materials and workmanship is very good on our coach.

Make sure your coach has not been let go and that everything works before you buy it. There are lots of systems on these rigs and getting them to all work right can be a PIA. Plus lots of money.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 09:12 AM   #8

We recently bought a 2002 Affinity Bed and Breakfast from Terry Smith of Kenai Coach located in the Junction City area. He was great to work with and super helpful. 907-252-2397

He specializes in high end coaches and is especially knowledgeable about Country Coaches
2002 Country Coach 42' Affinity Bed and Breakfast #1643 (w/505 Cat C12), Allison 6 Speed
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited w/Hemi
BarneyRubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 03:54 PM   #9

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Look at Premier RV Services in Junction City. Right next to the CC factory and the owners are ex-CC employees.
Kevin Waite will do an evaluation there and is well known in the area. Should have hired him to check ours over before purchase as there were several items wrong that I missed. But, we bought a consignment rig, not one that Premier owned and that does make a difference. And there are some things I would have done differently at delivery. But nothing Premier did or didn't do, just stuff I forgot.
Also, be aware that there are some engine conditions that an oil sample will never catch!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 06:15 AM   #10

Mid Atlantic Campers
TAG Axle or not?

Hello again all
I have a three question request here:
1. As part of my search for the right CC that fits our budget and lifestyle, one of the questions will be to have a Tag Axle or not? Some say provides an awesome ride others are not concerned or it doesn't make for one? Reviewing and searching, it does raise the cost significantly.. Any thoughts appreciated.

2. 40-42 Ft Rigs: Do you find it hard to find places to park or except a Rig of this size? When I retire from the Gov we plan to travel around states for 4 months and so was wondering about that. I am also retired military so maybe some of the base are available for large rigs? I had no problem with my 36 Ft HR?

3. Lastly, How is it living in the Motorhome for that length of time or longer?

Thanks for all your support in the endeavor

"Mike the want-a-bee"
Old 06-19-2016, 07:47 AM   #11

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
That will depend on where you are looking. For example there are a lot of CC's in Oregon and CA since they were made in Oregon . In that part of the country I would recommend Kevin Waite in Junction City, Oregon .

In Florida I would recommend Butch Williams at Fountain RV in Lakeland .
Thanks and happy fathers day👍
Old 06-19-2016, 07:47 AM   #12

Mid Atlantic Campers
Thanks and happy Father's Day!����
Old 06-19-2016, 09:34 AM   #13

We live in a Allure 470 Sunset Bay 37' 4 slides full time (over 2 years) and love it.....
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 11:56 AM   #14

I purchased my 02 Intrigue 36' a little over 18 mo. ago. It took me over a year to find the right coach.

Like you I was looking in the early 2000 coaches. I walked into many of country coaches, and test drove 8 ranging from a 32' to a 42' with a tag. I could notice better handling and greater stability with the tag versus a 40' without the tag, but I would have no problems with owning either one, as they both drove much better than any other make that I test drove.

I camp mostly in state parks so the 36' was a good choice for me as I have more sites that are available for our length. It measures right at 37' from mirrors to rear bumper. Biggest challenge at some of these older state parks is getting the coach level.

Honestly, the condition was a big part as well. Many coaches I walked in, and right back out. One coach in particular a 01 Allure had really bad rust in the belly framework. My advice is to take your time, look at many as you can, and you will know when you found the right one