Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-14-2015, 11:16 AM   #1

2002 CC Allure 36 Triple Slide Search/Checkout

Hi: Looking at a 2002 CC Allure Triple Slide. Saw this ad:
36' SRTS Sun River, 40500 miles, DYNOMAX IFS air ride chassis, 33,200 GVWR, CUMMINS ISC 350 Turbo Diesel, 1050 FT LB Torque, Allison 6-spd auto trans, 8KW Onan Diesel generator w 234 hrs, new coach batteries, Alum Alloy wheels, Power entry steps, tilt/telescopic Smart Wheel, Exhaust brake, tire pressure monitor, air horn, power mirrors, back up monitor, Auto leveling sis, 110 gal diesel, 106 gal fresh water, 20 gal LP gas, 6 way power captains and navigator seats, all new Sunbrella awnings, side and window awnings, combo washer/dryer, 2 ducted roof AC/heat pumps, LP ducted furnace, day/night window shades, 2000 W Inverter, auto generator start, 50 amp service w surge guard, 2 pass thru roll out storage trays, 2 LCD TV's, all slides recently serviced.

Comments: Tires are 6yrs old(toast!). Propane heating..no Hurricane(noisy). No smart wheel(simple ops). Fabric ceiling(quiet and would show water leaks easy, if any).
We are looking to downsize from our 41 ft mid door Safari. The 350 Cummins is the same. I have done oil samples on mine and would want an oil sample on the CC as well as a Litmus sample of the coolant.

Question:
Priced high at $79K. What value is realistic? I like the triple for the room. We are searching for a 36ft CC in a lower price range than the Inspires. Problems?
Advice is welcomed.

Thanks, Bob
(2001 Safari mid door Serengeti/Ivory, 350 Cummins with propane injection. 105K miles.)

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2015, 11:42 AM   #2
srh

Monaco Owners Club
I'm sure others would chime in as well. But having just bought my 08 Affinity, here are some things I would do:
Have a Cummins shop connect it to an ECM for any engine issues
When was the last service (oil, filters, chassis lub., etc) done
Look for any fogged up windows - this may not be a deal breaker but it could cost you $350 - $450 per window to repair.
Awnings (patio, slides and windows)
Lastly, I don't have any in depth knowledge of the price, but the asking price of $79 seems pretty high. A quick look at NADA low retail, I get $54K - you would have to do some more research.
Good Luck with your pursuit!

Old 03-14-2015, 08:51 PM   #3

srh: Is NADA still used in today's mkt? I looked up my coach an would be overjoyed on its value. I wasn't sure if NADA caught up with the downturn of the recession.
The ECM is something I forgot to include. Along with codes, I think there is a ratio of idle time to road time that can help. I believe the ratio would show the amount of carbon/soot potential buildup.
Thx, Bob
Old 03-15-2015, 11:08 AM   #4
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivorykitty01 View Post
srh: Is NADA still used in today's mkt? I looked up my coach an would be overjoyed on its value. I wasn't sure if NADA caught up with the downturn of the recession.
The ECM is something I forgot to include. Along with codes, I think there is a ratio of idle time to road time that can help. I believe the ratio would show the amount of carbon/soot potential buildup.
Thx, Bob
While I wouldn't use NADA exclusively, it does give one other set of eyes - Also, NADA, low retail doesn't apply uniformly to all makes and models; as an example most Entegra coaches sell near that price while some others like CC (except some models) sell way below NADA low retail. Another good place to look for the going price is MHSRV's list of sold coaches that show prices. As an example, there is a 2007 CC Magna that was sold by them over six moths ago for $195K - now, granted the condition and the mileage.of the coaches they have sold will definitely affect the price.
I hope this helps!
All the best!
Old 03-15-2015, 05:47 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
NADA is a guide to prices and a pretty bad one at that. There are certain models of CCs that will draw a premium no matter what and the 37ft tag falls in that category. The 32 and 33 ft models draw a premium as well and don't stay on the market long.

An oil sample really doesn't tell squat unless you have some history to go with it. I could change the oil and put it for sale and you could do a sample and the oil will give you will get "all is well"
Old 03-15-2015, 06:33 PM   #6

dons2346: Yes, a quick oil change is possible. The seller has his work done by a local truck stop. Have to have some leap of faith there.
From a buyer's prospective NADA prices are good for bargaining.

So, other comments on the triple slide for that year? Good or not so good?

Thx, Bob
Old 03-15-2015, 10:25 PM   #7

I am going to guess and say that most Allure's of that year would be two slides. I would also say that having a tag on a short (relatively) coach like that is unusual.

You do not say if your family likes the floor plan.

A tag takes room from the basement storage. But you say it has two pass throughs with slide out trays. Must be configured different from ours as we have same year with two pass throughs and two slide out trays, but we are 42'. So the coach you are looking at sounds like a good storage set up.

After owning a Country Coach for 5 1/2 years we still like ours a lot. Ours is also 2002 and the carpet is in very good condition and upholstery on ours is excellent. We have 122,000 miles. We are at a rally this weekend with our small RV club. One of my close friends has a year old very popular model (I think it is the top selling DP in the USA) class A DP sitting next to us. Yesterday he was commenting on the fact that our 12 1/2 year old paint looks better than his. And his upholstery is splitting at many of the seems with 12,ooo miles on his rig. So I have to say CC quality is very very good.

If you have the basement room you need you will like having a tag axel. Really improves the handling. Mine is like a locomotive going down the road. Not so good when you have to buy tires though.

Final comment. After ten years condition is king. At the level of price you are looking at you might consider taking a look at what the Country Coach factory have on consignment, or one of the several outstanding Junction City dealers have.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 10:39 PM   #8

B Bob: Yes, like the idea of a triple for a floor plan of this vintage MH.
I am still a believer in having the kitchen on the DS and ALL the windows on the PS. Never was a fan of the reverse. I would rather see my patio than my neighbors.
No tag on this 36. I'm assuming the WB is better than most 36' models out there. Used to have the brochures but know CC's handle very well. Yes, the paint used by CC I believe is SIEKENS. Excellent paint.
Good to hear from an older coach owner on the lasting quality of a CC.
Thx, Bob
Old 03-15-2015, 10:50 PM   #9

May be wrong on NADA but...

Nada is supposed to list whatever the "stock" model is.

It has where you can enter things like awnings and other options but if it had a 22 ft awning stock and you added the awning when you built your example then the price would be inflated over what it should be.

From buyers standpoint on a CC they come with just about everything that NADA lets you add.

Options usually are upgrades to better whatever it is.

So just select year and trim or model and be done with it.

If seller has build sheet listing options it also has sell price and NADA also usually has sell price so under those circumstances you can modify your build list until the sell price is close then you have a better clue to the value.

Also look at eBay completed sales to see if anything close sold and what it sold for.
Old 03-16-2015, 12:08 AM   #10

Country Coach Owners Club
One point to bring out here is that on the 2002 model ,CC said it had "full body paint". It did not have full body paint unless you consider clear coat as "paint".
Old 03-16-2015, 09:55 AM   #11

dons2346 : The pics in the ad show full body paint and slides are painted to match 2 colors. I have seen many '02 CC Allures for sale and all have full body paint.
I remember the older 90's and into 01 having the traditional white/crème color(Clear coat?). I'll check the build sheet to be sure of the real factory paint. THX

TQ60: Yes, I read the NADA pricing pgm as bypassing all the 'options' on pricing an upscale coach. But you are right that the seller could be pricing in the options to artificially inflate the price.

I'll check E Bay, too. THX

__________________________________________________ __________
Another thought: Since I am trying to pick a 36 ft CC MH, what would be a very good year that this forum recommends? I may be focusing too much and missing other opportunities.

Here is the Q: 'As a CC owner what model should I have waited for?'

THX, Bob

Tags
slide