Originally Posted by dons2346
If it is like the '02, which I think it is, remove the wood surround first. Then you can pull the TV out as it isn't bolted down. Then you can find the screws holding the box and remove that. You will have a hole in the ceiling that accesses the CB antenna connection that will have to be covered.
I agree with Don's steps. We have the 'Head Bumper' in our 04 Allure too. We did a temporary LED upgrade by removing the faceplate trim, the TV, added bracing on the sides, and a section of black cloth 5/8th ply towards the front of the cabinet. Bolted out LED Samsung 32" to this. We will be stopping early next year in Oregon, for some final cabinet tuning. Including the removal of 'The Head Bumper!'.
If you have not done so yet, take a look at some of the pictures from other owners mod's on the CC Yahoo User group - some very creative solutions.
One other tip, to add to Don's. You can simplify the removal of the TV by:
1) Remove faceplate trip of wood
2) Loosen a few of mounting blocks screws holding the Sharp in
3) Head North To Alasaka
4) When at Whitehorse, place a box with padding on next to the drivers seat on the floor
5) Head towards Destruction Bay
6) While at Destruction Bay, remove the box with the now gently resting Sharp, out of the way until you can properly dispose of it
On a real tip, add two HDMI feeds from the entertainment cabinet to the TV. This will allow feeding two sources, like a DVD, Direct/Dish box, etc.
And until you get rid of The Head Bumper, keep two sets of ice: 1) For the head; 2) For the evening happy hour
Have fun, be safe,