Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2014, 07:17 AM   #1

Talking 2004 Country Coach Allure New To Us

Ok, we are beyond excitement. This coming Wednesday, Roger and I are going over to Lazy Days in Tampa to go through our new to us 2204 Country Coach Allure Newport. Beyond excited. We are staying over for driving classes then staying one more night to check everything out one more time before the journey home!

I know we'll have questions, just so glad you are all on here!!!

4 more sleeps!! you can still see it on the lazyday site for some pics!

Sheila and Roger
furkids, Sammy, Ozzie and Lola

Living The Artist's Dream
swedegis is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2014, 08:40 AM   #2

Congrats on your new to you coach. Hope you have many miles of smiles.
johnsonk555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 08:47 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
2004 Country Coach Allure New To Us

Hi and welcome to the Country Coach experience. You will not be disappointed. Country Coach is a solidly built, dependable, high end coach, that you will certainly enjoy.
I hope it is all you expect and you have many wonderful times enjoying your new coach.
Luck,
Bob
Bigbluedog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 09:10 AM   #4

Thanks all. I'll post pics when we get it!!!
Old 05-24-2014, 10:46 AM   #5

Congrats on your new set of wheels... We're now on year 3 with our gently used 2004 Allure High Cascade model. It too has the ISL370, and we've found it to do what we need it to do. We're getting about 7.5-8.0 MPG, keeping the speeds down to around 62 when on the road.

A few things we went thru, to see if they apply to your coach too:
1) Fuel hoses to generator and Hydro Hot, did not handle the ULSD fuels very well, and can form little pin leaks. We ran new Gates Barricade fuel lines to these.
2) The OEM shocks, Koni Adjustable SP1 (First generation of the adjustables, now up to SP3 generation which are a bit more robust.) were undersized by CC for the front end IFS duty. Our unit, also the 40' with Tag, two slides so a bit less weight. Would have problems with the front end bouncing more then I liked, and would bottom out too easily when hitting dips. Tried setting 5, the highest, and helped only a little bit.

So, we swapped out all of 6 shocks with Road Kings. If I had it to do over, I would probably have done drive and tag with Koni Adjustable SP3 on setting 3. But I still would have the Road Kings on the front end.
3) I also added the Super Steer Motion Control Units (MCU's) to the front and rear air lines. These are 'check valves' that help the coaches air suspension 'set' a bit faster when shifting loads from side to side, like in S curves. Hendersons Lineup suggested I go with the under 30K Lbs for the front IFS, and over 30K Lbs for the rears - I did this. And noticed a better handling coach right away from these being added.
4) If not yet done so, change to full Synthetic and OAT based cooling fluids is a good thing to consider. (Read up on the Cummins section on these, Spike45 provides good input and advice.) I went ahead and flushed and changed the Onan QD8000 over to Final Charge too, to keep all of the cooling fluids the same.

I do suggest you get the four corner weights, and set your tire PSI per your manufacturers charts.

And hey, first go use this rig for a bit, get the feel for it. Read over the maintenance receipts on the rig, as much of this may have been done already. And you may find the handling is just fine they way it is for you, and that is fine!

Enjoy, the three slide Newport is a very nice coach, we walked in a few of them. I'm not an expert by any means, but drop me a PM if I can ever help on anything specific about 04 Allure era coaches. (Traveling to Alaska for a few months, so maybe slow to respond, based upon Internet coverage...)

And of course, this board, and the Yahoo CC Owners User Group, are a wealth of knowledge!!!

Best,
Smitty
04 Allure 40', Tag, ISL370, 2 Drivers Sides, Michelins XZE*, Road Kings, SS MCU's, Xs 4 L16 Lifeline AGM coach batteries, 1200W Solar Panels with Midnight Classic 150 Controller, Bus-Kote, 3 Headed Side Mirrors added, Grey to Black added water pump (increases boondocking to about 85-90 gal of Grey), Centramitics on F/D/T wheels, Crossfires on drive duals, Optilube and Amsoil Cetane in each tank, etc., etc.
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 11:13 AM   #6

Smitty,
Thank you so much. I'll copy down the info so I'll have it with me when we go next Wednesday.
They have done a lot to it so we 'll check. I spotted a long crack in the windshield so that will be replaced.

Have fun heading to Alaska!! That's a trip we are planning at some point too.

I'll definitely PM you for questions. We appreciate your input!!

Sheila and roger
Sammy, Ozzie and Lola

Www.livingtheartistsdream.com
Old 05-24-2014, 11:45 AM   #7

We got our 2004 in 2012 and love it.
2dogsbarkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 11:47 AM   #8

Oh wonderful to hear!! I fell in love with the layout and with the 2 Labs and a Newfie the slide outs in front are great!
Old 05-24-2014, 11:52 AM   #9

Just found the Cummins engines site. Have my reading for the day planned.
Old 05-25-2014, 10:58 AM   #10

Smitty,

Whats the heads up on the "grey to black water pump"?? Please.
sallylillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:36 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallylillian View Post
Smitty,

Whats the heads up on the "grey to black water pump"?? Please.

Nothing new or rocket in nature! I first read about this when we had our T28 Bounder, from other Bounder owners.

If your rig has the space, and ours did, you can:

1) Tap into the side of the Grey tank about 1/4-1/3 up from the bottom. Insert a hose bibed plug into the drilled out hole. (Caution to not let the drilled out part fall into the tank.)

2) Hose clamp a hose to this, add an inline filter/screen, land go into the Intake Side of a Water Pump. (We used the OEM water pump for this, and added a new quieter variable water pump to coach water supply duties.)

3) Hose out of the Out Take side of the pump.

4) Into the Black. First option if you have access, is to drill into the top breathing exhaust pipe of the black. Adding a hose stubbed out insert here. Second option it to drill the top of the Black Tank, and use the same sort of hose stubbed out plug you did with the grey. Third option, if no access to the two first options, is to drill into the side of the Black, as high up as you can. (If you do this, add a back check valve into the hose, to keep black water from sloshing out and back down into the pump.)

We ran a clean 12V power feed to the pump, and added a switch into the waste management control panel next to the house water pump switch. Also added an inline fuse to the pump.

You want to be up 'off the bottom' of the Grey, thus the 1/4-1/3 up the side, to not pick up any sediments or partial solids that may have gone down the sinks. I clean the inline screen twice a year, using a bit of CLR to also get rid of some of the hard water build up.

When our Grey is showing up towards the 3/4 mark and we're in Boon Docking mode, I'll go pump over 15-20 gallons at a time. And, keep and eye not going to full on the Black!!! (Ask me how I know... I had to keep the cap on and open both valves one time, to 'equalize' between Grey/Black - to allow the vital need of FLUSHING!)

And while most CC's that I know of do not have anything else going into the Black besides, well Black - some coaches and trailers/fifths do have sink feeds into the Black.

Sorry such a long post. If you Google Black to Grey, you should find some others that have done this, and pictures too...

Best, and may your Black/Grey never be full!
Smitty
Old 05-26-2014, 09:06 AM   #12

Thanks Smitty, but Ok you solved the excess grey.... what about the excess black? It would seem to me that grey is easily disposed of into drains or trees etc, but black is a whole new game, and the tank I would be most concerned about in extended un-serviced camping.
sallylillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:45 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallylillian View Post
Thanks Smitty, but Ok you solved the excess grey.... what about the excess black? It would seem to me that grey is easily disposed of into drains or trees etc, but black is a whole new game, and the tank I would be most concerned about in extended un-serviced camping.

The secret on the Black, is frequent stops (name your fast food, Starbucks, gas station, etc. - here)... I did get a chuckle from the couple we bought our first RV from, a Bounder. The husband said his wife forbid him from ever doing anything more the standing up to use the restroom in the coach... He said it was bit extreme, but they'd had a friend with the dreaded 'pyramid' problem in a coach - so the DW insisted they always stop at parks with restrooms, and both used them for more 'solid' matters...

And of course, the old saying 'Yellow, let it mellow...' - will conserve Black capacity!

Best to all,
Smitty
Old 05-31-2014, 09:20 AM   #14

Quick update on our new to us 2004 CC allure. It's still having things fixed. Pleased with what they are doing at Lazy Days!! Going over Thursday and hopefully bring her home!