Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2019, 08:32 PM   #1

2005 CC Magna

Has anyone run into the issue of there front bug wrap
Getting fungus in or under it ?
3m film wrap on front ..

Randy

2005 Country Coach Magna 630
Randy. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2019, 10:23 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Common problem with the stuff they used back in '05. The only solution is to remove the film
Old 01-10-2019, 11:55 AM   #3

2005 CC Magna

Thanks Don,

Yeah I figured as much, I was looking to see if anyone has found a good way to peel it off other than just heat and a ton of labor.
Randy. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 11:15 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
I'm here at the FMCA rally in Indio and have been walking by a guy who is removing the stuff from the front of a coach. He has been at it for two days and it looks like he has about 1/3 left to take off.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:00 AM   #5

Try youtube

many videos on removing the film.
nkgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:43 AM   #6

Ugly Juice Shield Removal

We have this film to remove on our coach now and we did it last year on our Dutchstar we sold. We used the Ugly Juice product and recommended tools. It does take a lot if time the more damaged the shield is. If it isn’t too cracked - comes off easier. Heat guns to soften shield also softens paint and then damage the paint. You need some heat with Ugly Juice process but not as direct. No damage to paint. They have a site where you can gain more info.

https://youtu.be/a6g5Yww4NdI
Racing4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 11:23 AM   #7

Another Solution

I fought this infernal stuff for so long and so hard; I finally threw up my hands and went nuclear. I happen to live very near the world champ window tint installer who also does very good work with truck bed liner. It can be mixed to any color....or so close you can't tell a difference in the real world.

Everything on the nose, below the windshield is now thoroughly coated with color matched bed liner.

Photo is after a long,dirty trip waiting for enough sun for a good washing before pulling inside. Have since added new factory emblems to the nose and it looks properly finished. 10/10 would do again with no hesitation. Cost was $575. VERY satisfying check to write.

I will never again apply to or buy a vehicle that has any brand of clear bug/chip shield. Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing generally makes a fine product but this stuff should be outlawed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CC MAgna.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	390.3 KB
ID:	231974  

2004 Country Coach Magna Chalet/ Cat C15
Samdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 09:40 PM   #8

Off the subject, I notice on this picture there is moisture condensation on the driver side. You can clearly see the robust frame construction in the side walls!
mhanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 11:25 AM   #9

The paint in that Magna is very sweet!!! Wonder if it’s original.
Burlroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 12:46 PM   #10

All original...except.

All paint is original except the truck bed armor on the nose. Never parked outside unless we're on the road. That really makes all the difference. That, and no harsh cleaning chemicals or practices. Griots, Mothers, Meguires.....by hand. Might be overkill but it seems to produce lasting results. Thanks for the kind words, Burlroad.

Conditions have to be just right;not just insanely humid to get that image outline of the monocoque framing. But, when it's visible it's clear as day. Cool to see.

Now, to gently bump this thread back to OP's topic.....Down with 3M clear shield!!! Get rid of it any way you can.

2004 Country Coach Magna Chalet/ Cat C15
Samdon is offline   Reply With Quote