Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2014, 01:32 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
2005 Country Coach Inspire Dashboard Annunciators?

I recently purchased a 40' 2005 Country Coach Inspire. Unlike all previous diesel coaches this one doesn't seem to have an annunciator complaining about low oil and air pressure when starting the engine. While I find these a real pain when starting the engine they seem like a good idea while driving.

Also when the jacks are down and the engine is being started there is no audible warning. This would make it real easy to drive off the jacks and break some important parts.

Is something broken in my Inspire or does your 2005 era Inspire behave the same?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2014, 04:40 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidWSnow View Post
I recently purchased a 40' 2005 Country Coach Inspire. Unlike all previous diesel coaches this one doesn't seem to have an annunciator complaining about low oil and air pressure when starting the engine. While I find these a real pain when starting the engine they seem like a good idea while driving.

Also when the jacks are down and the engine is being started there is no audible warning. This would make it real easy to drive off the jacks and break some important parts.

Is something broken in my Inspire or does your 2005 era Inspire behave the same?
When it comes to the low air and oil I have no buzzers or bells just lights. That is the main reason I switched out all the lights in the dash cluster to LEDs so I can see them in the daylight, what a difference. When it comes to oil pressure cold the dash gauge is at 100lbs+ and on the SilverLeaf it reads 127lbs in about 1 min it is down to about 100lbs. Can't help you out on the jacks mine has air leveling with just a green light.
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:47 PM   #3

2Stroker, what model number LED did you use? Mine are almost unreadable in the daylight.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:18 PM   #4

I added piezoelectric beepers from Radio Shack to everything I wanted to know about for sure including air pressures, jacks & turn signals. Very simple and inexpensive.
Old 03-21-2014, 01:33 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidWSnow View Post
2Stroker, what model number LED did you use? Mine are almost unreadable in the daylight.
It takes 19 LEDs and the only one that I did not change was the ABS because I was told it would start flashing.
74 LED Bulb - 1 SMD LED Wedge Base | Subminiature | Specialty & Automotive | Universal LED Bulb Finder | Super Bright LEDs
All bulbs are cool white and they are Polarized meaning they only go in one way to work. If they don't light up when you turn on the key turn it around. Cover all open holes with tape and when you do the Cruise Control you can use the smart wheel to up the idle to check and the exhause brake you have a 50/50 shot to get it right because you have to take it out to see if you got it right.
Pull the screws out and move the dash cover houseing back to look at the plugs. Hope this helps.
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:21 PM   #6

On my 2008 Allure I have a PCB for the dash warning lights. They are LED's on the board. Problem is the low air front and rear is not on the loom. I do get a buzzer, but no light. I have enquired of CC but they are stumped!!
sallylillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:30 AM   #7

Thumbs up What I found out!

I made my original post because I called tech support at CC and asked them several questions about our "new to us" 2005 Country Coach Inspire and they either didn't have the answer or I suspected the answer I got was incorrect.

What I think I found out:
  1. The "water in fuel" light located on the dashboard flashes on initial "power up", but is actually useless because it isn't wired to any sensor or even to wires going back to the engine compartment.
  2. There are two annunciators inside the dashboard. One for the left turn signal and one for the right. Nothing or low oil, low air unless they were an aftermarket addition. This still doesn't explain the 1/2 second "beep" that I get about 5 seconds after the engine starts.
  3. The Power Gear Jacks have a connection from the emergency break. They will make noise if I release the break while the jacks are down. It "appears" that this may also prevent the break from releasing. The brake light on the dashboard stays on even when I release the brake. Needless to say, I didn't test if I could actually drive ;=}
As a great side benefit, I learned that if I replace the 19 "almost impossible to see in the daylight" lights for "engine check" etc. with LEDS they will be visible in the daylight. So I guess I still will be taking the dash apart. Maybe then I can figure out the function of the aftermarket LED added under the dash.

Thanks to all of you that provided bits and pieces of this puzzle.

Dave Snow
Old 08-10-2016, 01:06 PM   #8

replacement dash bulbs on 2006 CC Inspire

Hello! Need to replace the instrument panel lights. Found the web site link for LEDs--thank you very much!

Just need some help with colors. Red, yellow, blue & white are easy, but it looked like there was a ppl (purple?) a brn (brown?) and an orange?!
Would appreciate if any one can tell me how many of each color to order?!

Thanks!!

sylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:54 PM   #9

I used all cool white bulbs per 2strokers post above, the color tint is part of the dash panel not the bulbs.
Dale C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 02:39 PM   #10

I changed mine: bought 15 Red, 6 Green, 6 Amber/Yellow and 2 Blue. Did not do ABS, might have left Water In Fuel, Intake Air Heater maybe Exhaust Brake without changing. Some lights do not come on when u turn the ignition key.
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash