Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2019, 06:13 PM   #1

2005 Inspire Da Vinci

I am looking at 2 Country Coaches that I like. One is a 2005 Inspire Da Vinci, 40', Cat C-9, 38000 miles.

The other is a 2007, 37', also a Cat C-9, about 50000 miles. I forgot the model name, and I am waiting for the owner to respond to my message.

I owned a 2006 DSDP for 10 years, and loved it. I sold it last November, and we find ourselves missing our Hotel on wheels. There were some things I did not like about the Dutch Star but they were minor. I would love to buy a CC in my price range and have learned a lot about them. I have heard that the CC has a much nicer ride than the DSDP. And I know from what I have seen that it is a step up from the Dutch Star that I had. Here are my concerns though;

Change of ownership to national RV, around 2005, quality problems?

PTO problem

Buying a 12 or 14 year old coach, Delamination issues?

Cat engines, not familiar with the C-9 (I loved the 400 ISL in our DSDP, although I did have to replace a warped exhaust manifold for $1500. But that was it!

Buying and entry level Country Coach vs a higher trim line

A long Post from "Racing4fun", and his nightmare with his Allure really shook my confidence in the older CCs I am thinking about buying.

Please help me out with your knowledge and experience with the CCs, especially the years and trim lines I am looking at.
efstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2019, 06:22 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Love my '09 Magna, really, really dislike the ISX 650 engine!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 07:35 PM   #3

Is the Magna the top of the line for Country Coach? Is it the bad valves you don't like on the 650?
Old 04-11-2019, 07:40 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The Affinity is your normal top of the line, then Magna one down. But there are several very low production ones above the Affinity. Concept and some prevost conversions done by CC
And yes it's the valve problems. Power and fuel mileage are great.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 07:55 PM   #5

Cc owner

I own a 2005 CC Inspire 330 Siena.
Overall it has been a wonderful coach. The CC quality is evident in every way.
Delamination is not a problem unless there has been water intrusion.
Things to inspect, fogged windows, dry pro, inferior aluminum radiator (leaking)
Skin micro checking on dark colors. Maintenance records are a must or you will have to assume that all maintenance must be done. This will require considerable time and money. A coach of this era will require some updates as well.
CCRider #51264
ronandsue74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 04:10 PM   #6

I have more details about the Country Coach that I am thinking about buying.

2005 Inspire 330, 36', four slides, Cat C-9 engine with 35,500 miles.

It has some scrapes on the passenger side storage doors from hitting a guard rail (about $3500 to repair), and a 10 inch diagonal hairline crack on the driver's side rear bedroom slide. It has been sitting a lot, but has had regular service. The paint and the fiberglass looks good. The first owner kept it in a garage, and eventually sold it in 2017, and the second owner, has had it outside at an RV resort in the Southern California Palm Springs area.

I know the second owner and he is wiling to part with it for $75K.

The PTO condition is unknown at this time.

What do you think about the price? I was told that the 2005 model does not have a generator slide out option. So how hard is it to service the generator?
Old 04-13-2019, 08:42 PM   #7

Keep looking about 15k to high for all that is wrong and if the bedroom crack is a horizontal crack, big problem.

2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:13 AM   #8

2005 CC Inspire

efstewart, I own an identical coach to the one your considering. Mine is in perfect condition, no damage, totally updated, new radiator, wet PTO, 3 year old Michelin tires, residential refrigerator, hardwood flooring, new televisions, all led lighting, new butterfly leaf dining table, kitchen counter slide out and much more. If I were selling it today I would sell it for $65,000.
Although the 36' four slide Inspires are not real easy to find I think you need to keep looking.
CCRider
2005 Inspire #51264
Old 04-14-2019, 07:17 AM   #9

servicing generator

I forgot, servicing the generator is no problem as it's all serviced from underneath with easy access. Problem would come in if the belt had to be changed or other major work was required.
Old 04-15-2019, 07:36 AM   #10

Inspire coaches

CC rider, thank you for the honest assessment of the value of you Coach.

I am curious as to why your CC Inspire, that is in excellent condition, with only sell for about 65k?

I have learned that the country coach seems to be a step up in quality compared to my used 2006 Dutch Star model 3817, that I sold,. Yet my asking price was similar or a little higher than your valuation, and I sold it in the winter months. Is it because of the age? One of the few things that I didn't like about the Dutch star was that the ride was not as smooth as I would like. I am hoping that the country coach would have a much smoother ride.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:49 AM   #11

Values for different coaches in different regions will differ!

I'd place the Dutch Star of that era to be very similar to the Inspire as far as content and quality. Suspect the CC will have bit more attention to detail on things such a wiring harnesses, but Newmar of that ear built a good coach.

Chassis ride will be different between the two. But, one of the key problems with road harshness transfers - is THE ROADS ARE SO BAD!!! Maybe someone else who has moved from a Newmar to CC will chime in. I know Mr. D had a Dutch Star, and now a Magna. But the Magna with Tag, is a much different chassis then the Inspire.

As far as pricing again. After inspection, look at what needs to be worked on or updated (For example, fixing the crack (And if not vertical, I too would move on down the road.)), and come up with a ball park on what it would take to bring everything up to where you would want it condition wise. Talk to the seller, or Dealer, and explain here is the price you are willing to pay, and why, subtracting costs for those items you want to accomplish. They can either say yes, or no... Or perhaps counter somewhere in between.

Buying a good coach is work, and moving fast when the good ones come along is important... Overpaying for a coach is easy to do, due to the emotional lust for the RV (Especially Country Coaches - as they seem to have a unique soul of their own!). As far as regional price differences. Suggest once you know of the items that you feel need repair, make a call to Damon Rapozo at Premier. Talk to him about the coach your looking at, it's problems, and what the price you're thinking of offering. Damon is always looking to start new relationships, and knows CC's very well. Suspect he'd be willing to offer some advice. (Who knows, next time your shopping for a coach, reach out to Damon to help you with the hunt. Or if you know someone looking for a coach, refer them to Damon - that's the kind of relationships Damon, and Premier (Louie is good people too!) like to establish.)

Best of luck to you,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 07:00 AM   #12

Still thinking

I have received great feedback from all of you Country Coach owners, including Damon.

As I continue my slow and deliberate hunt for a Country Coach, (or maybe another Dutch Star), I am now convinced that a 2007 Inspire would be best for me. But I am also considering spending a little more money and looking into an Allure or Intrique. Some of them have the Cummins 400 Isl which I know very well.

The problem is that I don't want to go over a 40 footer in length, and I have seen some good 42 footers out there with Tag axles, which I like.

And the ride is very important to me. I guess I am looking for close to a "Lexus" ride on a Toyota budget.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:16 AM   #13

2005 CC Inspire

efstewart, The $65k estimated value if based on NADA guidelines for my zip code.
If I were listing it today I would probably be asking about $75k expecting to sell it for about $65k.
A few more things to consider, frame rust & fogged windows.
Keep looking, the perfect coach for you is out there, you just need to keep looking and be patient.
CC Rider
Old 04-16-2019, 08:27 AM   #14

I just noticed some "Tributes" on Rv trader. Where does that fall in line compared to the inspire, Intrigue, and Allure?