Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:11 AM   #1
2006 inspire 360

I'm looking to upgrade to a diesel pusher and country coach is at the top of my list. I see a few 2005/2006 inspire 360's genoa or sienna at a good price. I know about the dry pto and radiator issues, is there any other issues I should be aware of? I'm looking for a 36 ft. Thanks

Chuck2341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2013, 09:25 AM   #2
We met our best friends at LazyDays in Tampa when we were buying our full timing coach and they were buying a new '06 Inspire. They had a few quality control issues which were resolved easily but they had one issue that caused them to trade the Inspire in a little over a year.

The skin of two of the slide outs started cracking. Dealers did not want to attempt a repair because they were afraid it would reoccur. Turns out CC was having a sub contractor build the slide out boxes and they were using some sub standard materials or methods. I believe a number of coaches in that time frame had similar issues. I would think by now any such problem would be very evident or long since resolved.

Steve Ownby
Full time since 2007
2003 Monaco Signature
Steve Ownby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:18 AM   #3
Thanks so much for the reply. I will focus on looking at the slides.
Chuck2341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:35 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We are fairly new to CC just getting our Allure in late April. My research (this has been discussed at length on the CC Owners forum on Yahoo) reveals that CC (and other coach manufacturers) got some bad fiberglass from Owens Corning. It seems that some resin in the glass did not cure properly and, when the coaches were exposed to sunlight and heat, gases were released from within the fiberglass causing cracking or checking. It is especially worse on darker painted panels.

Apparently CC (maybe others too, not sure) sued Owens Corning and got a settlement. Many CC owners have been critical of CC because instead of using the settlement money to fix coaches out of warranty, they used the money to shore up the failing company during the economic downturn. CC declared bankruptcy in 2010 I believe.

Someone on the Yahoo forum posted a list by coach model and serial # that shows when CC started using 'better' fiberglass. I think that was in later 2007's and on. I did not know about this before I bought the Allure but, fortunately, our serial # was one of the later units that did not have the defective glass. We have no obvious checking in a 6 year old rig.

I would suggest you focus on trying to find a coach made later in 2007 or beyond or at least check any coach you are considering well. Folks who spend a lot of time in Florida and Arizona apparently had more issues due to the heat.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:17 PM   #5
I have had my coach for 8mo and have had my share of things to fix but I think I have it under control now. Next month a new Samsung 197 and Magnum MS2812 inverter. My coach is dark in color so I have the fiberglass cracking but in the light colors it is just fine, so when looking try and find a light colored coach. Country Coach is not the only one with this problem. I wanted a 36' but got a 40' wife said it's only 4'
2 stroker
2006 Country Coach Inspire 360 40ft Genoa Designer Series, Samsung 197 RR
Cat C9--STEEL & COPPER Bolt Together Radiator w/ updated rubber mountings
SilverLeaf 330 Magnum 2812 PSW 2011 Ford Edge Sport-Air Force One
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote