Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:10 PM   #15
Country Coach Owners Club
Originally Posted by TQ60 View Post
OMC may have suggested it is not repairable due to a lack of resources, or it is in their best interest to replace the slide, I cannot speak for them or their drive.
I can definitely speak for OMC and for what motivates them, given the level of our relationship with them over the past year. They are certainly a business, so of course they need to make money, as any other business does. Having said that, they have repeatedly and consistently proven themselves to us both. I would stake my own personal reputation on their honesty and integrity, and can assure you that they would not suggest repairs or replacements were they not necessary. In fact, on more than one occasion, they have convinced us not to make a repair or renovation that they felt would not be worth the money for us. They most definitely would not suggest costly repairs that were unnecessary just to make money. To imply that they would do otherwise is not only incorrect, but does them a great disservice.

John & Cathy Lamb
45' Marathon XLII
num1dgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2011, 07:22 PM   #16
Nothing bad wash intended, OMC would not likely do all of the things I suggested because they would better serve their customer by doing it differently, until they look at it we cannot say what they would do, that wash the intent

My suggestions are for you to consider for other option

Tony & Lori
1989 Country Coach Savannah SE
TQ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:42 AM   #17
I only told you what they told me. I did not add any intent. Thanks for your reply. Sam
moandsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:00 PM   #18
Thanks for your message. The current crack is about 1 and 1/2 inches long and spreading along the original repair as the second crack did. The original crack and the second crack after the first repair was about 8 inches (from the heater to the bottom of the slide). I'm going to the repair facility on the 17th of this month to see what they propose. I'll try and send a picture later after I figure out how to do it.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #19
Smile Final Solution to 2007 CC Inspire Slideout Crack

Thanks to everyone who provided thoughts on how to repair the crack on the passenger side living room slideout. This problem is not unique to CC but is also happening on slideout produced by current manufacturers. The repair solution is to make sure there is no water intrusion, repair the original crack (which on our coach was 6 inches from the front furnace and stopped at the slide metal frame), slice the gelcoat/fiber glass at the original crack starting point straight down to the metal frame to allow for pressure release and cover with trim. The repair and paint work was done so well that someone not knowing the background would not notice anything out of order. Only time will tell.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:09 PM   #20
Had cracks in my bedroom slide after running into a pothole after being diverted off Hwy 1 on the Oregon coast, in a construction area. I was told that it was a molded slide without framework and could not be fixed, but needed to be replaced, unfortunately. I was thankful for the good advice I was given by a repair shop, that was not going to make the repair, they could have done a quick fix that wouldn't have worked.
ja63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:21 AM   #21
I suggest you talk to your repair facility and tell them what was done to my coach. The repair facility I went to has used this method on numerous coaches from different manufacturers with foam cores and other backing material. If you need some pictures I can send a couple. I will keep you posted on the repair as I use the coach more if you want. If you do send me your email address. Sam