Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2011, 12:03 PM   #1

2009 Inspire more questions??

My coach is the 43 foot model. In the engine battery compartment located at the rear of the coach on the passenger side there is a container of what I assume to be hydraulic fluid. It is marked as if it's for the HWH leveling system??? But I don't have hydraulic leveling??? My coach levels with air and has the on board compressor that keeps the motor home level. This tank looks to be about the size of a half gallon container laying on its side with a screw top for filling and a full mark. There is a note on the container to check level with all rams fully retracted???

What might this container of hydraulic fluid be fore and what is it operating??? What is the proper fluid to put into this tank ??

Could it possibly be for one of the slides ???

Thanks for any help you can offer

Gene
egb243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2011, 04:27 PM   #2

fan and power steering I think. dextron or allison transend. owners literature should tell you.
luqutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:37 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Gene,
Rams retracted is when you check the hydraulic fluid for the slide outs. So, it is most likely for the HWH slide rooms.
If you check the level with the rams out, the level will indicate "low", so you will fill it up, and when you retract the slides, all that fluid you just added will come flowing out all over the compartment.
Check your manual on the slides, it will tell you which fluid to use. HWH actually makes their own brand. I used ATF, but it contains a red dye, so if it ever leaks, it will stain what ever it might get on.
Of course this is all a guess based on "rams retracted".

Luck,
Bob
Bigbluedog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:29 AM   #4

KZ RV Club
Could it be anti-freeze for the hydro-hot system? Our new to us 2006 Intrigue came with a few gallons of anti-freeze, and that's what they told us it was for.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by num1dgh View Post
Could it be anti-freeze for the hydro-hot system? Our new to us 2006 Intrigue came with a few gallons of anti-freeze, and that's what they told us it was for.
I don't think so.
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:24 AM   #6

Thnks for the replies

luqutes
The fan and power steering reservoir is at the back, in the engine room, and it's a much larger tank than this one which is in the last
storage bay before the engine room. But thanks for the try

Bigbluedog
I believe that you've hit it right on --- do you know if rams are retracted with the slides in or out??? And what may be a substitute fluid -- lots of different types of tranny fluid??? Thanks for the help

num1 -- definitely not the hydro hot --I know where it's at, but thanks for the try

Thanks to all for the help
There are some very knowledgeable people hanging around here.
Gene
egb243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 04:08 PM   #7

Howdy again Gene,
Retracted is when all the slide(s) are in, that is closed, ie not sticking out from the side of the coach.
If you want the real deal on fluid, Camping World sells it. HWH calls it; HWH Super ATF, Undyed Automatic Transmission Fluid. I use O'Reillys auto parts heavy duty Automatic transmission fluid, thats all that it says on the lable of the one gallon jug.
And that for the single time I have ever had to add any. And then it only took a half pint.
I think the reservoir holds 1.5 gallon of fluid.

Luck,
Bob
Bigbluedog55 is offline   Reply With Quote