Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-16-2016, 09:54 AM   #15

Mr. D,
Since your coach is an '09, it may even have been finished in '08--our '95 was finished in '94, so you should be safe. Another way to tell if a coach was finished by CC is the coach number. Unfinished coaches did not get a CC serial number. A check with CC will reveal if a coach has a bogus number.

Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2016, 05:24 PM   #16

I asked and they sent the build sheet for this particular coach. It has a CC number at top of sheet. It also shows and OR sticker but does not mention a RIVA sticker. Completion date was 7/24/2009.

2 owner coach. Has had the #6 valve issue and was repaired this time last year. In fact the Cummins 12 month/100,000 mile warranty on the repair expires this month.

They also sent me a copy of the repair invoice listing all the parts and total cost of the repair.

My concern is the potential of it happening again.

Hmmm.........

HarleyOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 07:05 PM   #17

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peralko View Post
Mr. D,
Since your coach is an '09, it may even have been finished in '08--our '95 was finished in '94, so you should be safe. Another way to tell if a coach was finished by CC is the coach number. Unfinished coaches did not get a CC serial number. A check with CC will reveal if a coach has a bogus number.
Damon says that most of the CC's completed in '08 and '09 do NOT have an RVIA sticker.
Ours has the original CC "window sticker" and has a CC # and nothing I've seen shows anything different. Contacts with CC support has not been a problem using that # (6999)
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 07:11 PM   #18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyOutlaw View Post
I asked and they sent the build sheet for this particular coach. It has a CC number at top of sheet. It also shows and OR sticker but does not mention a RIVA sticker. Completion date was 7/24/2009.

2 owner coach. Has had the #6 valve issue and was repaired this time last year. In fact the Cummins 12 month/100,000 mile warranty on the repair expires this month.

They also sent me a copy of the repair invoice listing all the parts and total cost of the repair.

My concern is the potential of it happening again.

Hmmm.........
Possibly it could happen again, or not. Due to my wife's cancer we've only driven about 500 miles since the engine rebuild and our 1 yr warranty expired in late March. My contact at Cummins has assured me that ours was repaired using the newest parts at that time. But they only gave us the standard 1 yr, 100,000 mile warranty which is almost worthless in RV's, and no info on an extension being available.
Old 05-31-2016, 01:24 AM   #19

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Today I went looking for my Allison serial #'s and took a better look at the paperwork glued to the inside of the bathroom cabinet. It shows an Oregon State Insignia number and an RVIA sticker number. Anybody know how I can go about verifying them?
Old 06-02-2016, 08:31 AM   #20

I saw this coach when MHT was doing some maintenance on our coach. It is beautiful inside but the deal breaker for me would be the sofa that is not long enough to stretch out and watch TV on.
Old 06-06-2016, 11:49 PM   #21

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbielab View Post
I saw this coach when MHT was doing some maintenance on our coach. It is beautiful inside but the deal breaker for me would be the sofa that is not long enough to stretch out and watch TV on.
Ours is that way too but we replaced the very uncomfortable Stressless recliner with a LaZBoy. Now the DW takes it and falls to sleep so I get the too short couch!!
Old 06-11-2016, 06:03 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumper9x9 View Post
Something to think about CC went belly up in 2010 and it wasn't a big surprise to the folks who were working there. When they went under they just took all the parts for the coaches that weren't finished and put them in the coach to be sold when they got rid of everything in the bankruptcy sale. So the question arises was coach fully assembled at the CC factory by workers who knew the end was near or was the unfinished coach bought up at action and finished by some other folks? Good Luck
I have to agree with Pumper9X9. We bought our 1999 Allure in 2002 and currently have 176,000 trouble free miles on her and she is still rock solid. CC built beautiful MHs no matter the model and when you walk into them your breath is taken away by the beauty. I think after the Howard brothers got their hands in company it went downhill, JMHO. There are a lot of great '03, '04 & '05s out there that have the look of the newer ones and were built with the integrity that CC was founded on. Its a big decision. I wish you the best in your search.

'99 Allure 36' #30307
Enjoying it while we can. 186,000 and counting!
Burfman is offline   Reply With Quote