Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2018, 10:10 AM   #1

2011 Sportscoach black water system.

I bought this unit two months ago, we have had a terrible time with the commode clogging, we were told at the dealership, General RV in Jacksonville, it was a design flaw in the tank, they said the tank is an L shape with the tank only six inches from the bottom of the commode, it will clog on anything, I try leaving the tank nearly full but then it will run over in not time at all, General agreed to install a maserater commode at no cost, but we have been waiting weeks for the danged thing to be delivered and installed. its really aggravating to have a beautiful motorhome that can't be used, I'm sure there are some who know how we feel. I forgot to mention the wrong commode was delivered, the old one taken out of the motorhome before the box was opened that contained the new commode, the wrong commode had been shipped, so, they re-installed the old commode using the original washer on the bottom, something that anyone who has done any kind of plumbing knows should never be done! so now the water runs out the bottom of the commode into the storage box below that should contain the outside commode, I'm glad I took it out beforehand.
I'm wondering how many others are having this problem with their 2010/2011 Country Coach, Sports Coach??

Vernon/Anne, on the road again soon..
VernonLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2018, 10:59 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Your coach is made by Coachman, not Country Coach. Good luck!
2007 42' Country Coach Intrigue #12149 CAT C-13, 2014 SRX, Roadmaster Sterling, SMI AirForceOne
FMCA, Good Sam, CCFI, CCI, NWCC
CarlAda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 08:46 AM   #3

Smile

Thank you Sir.
VernonLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 10:16 AM   #4

FWIW our coach has a flat tank with a side entry for the commode not far below the floor. No problem. That would leave me thinking you are suffering from a version of the pyramid of poo common to folks who did not manage their tank correctly.

You can search for the problem and get many answers. What it comes down do is that the liquid runs away faster than the solids in a flat tank. If one leaves the black tank slide valve open when attached to a sewer the solids collect into a semi dried out chunk that blocks more input. The answer is to load the tank with water, detergent, and maybe a softener like Calgon. Let it soak from overnight to weeks then dump. Rinse and repeat a few times. Otherwise always close the dump valve and let the tank fill then dump in one shot to keep things flowing.

You might be able to use a plumbing snake to break up the pile after it soaks. Most of the wands are designed to go straight down. You might also want to invest in a clear elbow to see what is coming out. There are some Youtube videos out there to show more.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water