Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-04-2013, 09:30 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
2014 CC Magna

Hi
Just curios, does anyone out there intend to purchase the new 2014 Magna from CC if and when it becomes available?
I don't know, but would guess it will be in the $700K neighborhood.

Thanks for the input,

Bob

Bigbluedog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2013, 10:33 PM   #2

To rich for my blood. In the beginning, CC said the coaches would be in the 400 range, at which I might buy a new one. The price has since creeped up to the point that my '02 is looking better and better.

Old 10-04-2013, 11:54 PM   #3
laj

just talked to them yesterday and going to be around the 850-900 figure. they sure are going to look nice and have lots of interesting things inside. can hardly wait to see one completely done.
Old 10-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by laj View Post
just talked to them yesterday and going to be around the 850-900 figure. they sure are going to look nice and have lots of interesting things inside. can hardly wait to see one completely done.

To rich for my blood. For that kind of money, I'd get me a Prevost .

This is what happened when the Howard brothers had the company. They priced themselves out of the market. A friend of mine offered to pay full price if CC would build him a 40ft Magna or Affinity. The brothers told him that they didn't make that much money off of the short coaches and wouldn't do it. So my friend now owns a Foretravel
Old 10-10-2013, 05:07 PM   #5

It is my understanding "Ron Lee has said it would be 2015") that was about 4 weeks ago
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfalch View Post
It is my understanding "Ron Lee has said it would be 2015") that was about 4 weeks ago

First it was a 13, then a 14 and now a 15. Looks like his China money hasn't showed up yet
Old 10-10-2013, 11:10 PM   #7

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by laj View Post
Same range as a Newmar King Aire. Too gaudy for us though, don't need/want all the do dads.
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:44 AM   #8
laj

yep, not trading mine in. mine keeps me dry, is paid for, and has everything I want. a new one won't do any better.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:58 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
At that price, will be competing with Newmar's King Aire, American Coach Heritage, Foretravel and 800-900K will certainly get you a nice late model used Prevost conversion. We love our new-to-us Allure but if I was going to spend that kind of money on a new coach, I think I would go with either a King Aire or Heritage since those companies are strong and made it thru the economic hard times.

One of the things we like about our Allure (and saw same in an Intrigue we saw) was the more conservative interior styling. To us they look like a nicely appointed home....very tastefully done. So many of the new high end rigs we've seen have way too much fu fu for us (mirrors in the ceiling, etc.). I hope CC doesn't dress their new coach up like a bordello.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:35 AM   #10
laj

bordello huh, guess it would depend on what accessories it came with.
Old 10-13-2013, 02:43 PM   #11

Just my opinion, but up to 2008 Country Coaches at the higher end were built and engineered at the level of Foretravel and not Newmar or American. The reason I have this opinion is that the RVCG rated Foretravels and CC's above any Newmar or American. Plus where I have looked at the very high end of Newmar or Tiffin they just did not compare with Foretravel or CC. When I knocked on the interior walls of a high end Newmar about 3 years ago at an FMCA rally they sounded thin to me, not solid like on a CC.

But of course the question is, what will the new CC's be like. Since none of us have seen one we don't know. But based on the last Country Coach from 2009 that I was in I would guess it would be pretty darn nice. If in fact the new Country Coaches are an extension and improvement of the 2008 and 2009s I saw at shows the new CC's will be a step up from any Newmars or Tiffins. But I want to emphasis that this is my opinion and I am prejudiced as I own an older high end Country Coach and have been to the Country Coach factory a couple of times and met Ron Lee a couple of times. I think Ron will be making something special when it comes out. But of course the proof is in the eventual product.

I am hoping that the new CC's will offer subdued interiors with a "comfortable" feel and not go "Vegas" like many Newell's and Prevost have. Our 11 year old Affinity has a lovely southwest style interior we love. And our 11 year old coach with 112,000 miles on it drives fantastic. Looks pretty good too, the paint looks much newer.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:10 PM   #12
laj

B Bob: great opinion. They had some concept pics at the cc rally in albany. talking to Steve, in charge of the elec, they are going to do something special for the women, and something's for the guys. There was no mention of going gaudy. like you I like the more subdued look and feel of real wood, one of the reasons I stayed away from Newell's and prevost.

I'm going to have some work done at cc on nov. 7th, so hopefully will talk to Ron and be able to pick his brain a little more.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:39 PM   #13

Retired Fire Service RVer's
I guess the people that buy those $1 million + coaches that are very "gaudy" are the same ones who inhabit the fancy houses in Beverly Hills and travel with the rich and famous. Us "down home" folks like things a little simpler. Nice maple, oak or cherry cabinets with a country home feel seem to hit our sweet spot. I've looked at pics of the higher end Foretravel and Prevost, and they are just not my taste. But then again, the $850K to $900K is beyond our means as well, until the DW picks the right 6 numbers, LOL.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:53 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medico View Post
I guess the people that buy those $1 million + coaches that are very "gaudy" are the same ones who inhabit the fancy houses in Beverly Hills and travel with the rich and famous. Us "down home" folks like things a little simpler. Nice maple, oak or cherry cabinets with a country home feel seem to hit our sweet spot. I've looked at pics of the higher end Foretravel and Prevost, and they are just not my taste. But then again, the $850K to $900K is beyond our means as well, until the DW picks the right 6 numbers, LOL.
Amen brother. Even if I did hit the 6 number retirement, this misses and I have only found one Prevost that was even close to what we could live in. I'd take an Entegra Cornerstone in the upper reaches and be happy.

Whatnobeer is offline   Reply With Quote