Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-18-2015, 10:00 PM   #15

Concur ont the guts and perseverance this took! And, my comments were ready from here behind my computer keyboard.

Awnings are an easy thing to change in future hopefully production runs, as are many of the other cosmetic like items.

I'm still hoping this is showing the skill set and management foundation are in place to attract the investors needed to get things back up. I for one, 3-4 years ago, would not have bet that this coach would exist today. SO GLAD I'M WRONG! And not getting too hung up on some specifics. As what I may not like, maybe exactly what someone else would cut a check for... The key, is being able to also have the ability to 'match' a product with a customer's desire. CC, and Ron, have proven they could do this before...

Smitty

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2015, 10:23 PM   #16

I like the mid-TV layout, but the cabinetry is only so-so -- I'd prefer it all to be lighter, as well as the exterior colors. And so much grain!

Dual awnings I understand as it can be nice to keep the sun off the sides of the coach regardless of which way it comes from...

I'm also thinking that it might be a touch under engined unless the price is VERY competitive.

Steve

Old 08-18-2015, 10:31 PM   #17

Well I can't afford this so I guess it doesn't matter if I like it or not. 😜 But oak? Yuck! I was going too buy a Monaco Dynasty or Diplomat from the 90's but they all had oak, which I can't stand. So glad my rig has maple cabinets. One of the main reasons why I bought it...

1996 Country Coach Intrigue 😜
Old 08-18-2015, 10:32 PM   #18

While this is not the floor plan or interior colors and woods i would buy I assume Ron Liked it since he built it. When I last talked to them they had several buyers lined up and I would assume different floor plans and colors are available . They have proven they can build it and it will be fun to see it at some of the rv shows and rallies. I hope everyone's successful especially the junction city folks since there economy took such a beating over the last several years.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:33 PM   #19

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbrnr View Post
I agree.

But...

What is the price point that this coach is going to be offered at, and what is their competition like in that range? Wasn't it like $450-500k but possibly 7-800k?
I would like to know the price point they're trying to hit. 7-800K would be far above what I'd buy one at. At that point you're into a Newmar London Aire or Entegra Cornerstone. With the right discount even a King Aire might be in the running.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 08:00 PM   #20

Well, I like the layout we have in our 42' Intrigue with the cherry interior. I never did like the small center bath - seems to be a waste of time and space for us. I would purchase an updated version if it ever became available. Of course over the years ours has been updated on everything but the TV locations. As soon as I get the everything up to LED level I will be done - until DW thinks of something new. Of course by the time CC gets everything back up and running I will be to old to drive the darn thing.
gbburgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 09:02 PM   #21
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbburgess View Post
Well, I like the layout we have in our 42' Intrigue with the cherry interior. I never did like the small center bath - seems to be a waste of time and space for us. I would purchase an updated version if it ever became available. Of course over the years ours has been updated on everything but the TV locations. As soon as I get the everything up to LED level I will be done - until DW thinks of something new. Of course by the time CC gets everything back up and running I will be to old to drive the darn thing.
I just changed my 46" Sharp (OEM) to 50" Samsung LED UHD. I modified the mounting bracket. It is not up yet, but it fits width wise perfectly and height is shy by about 3/4 of an inch. This only weighs about 27 lbs (probably a third of the weight of the sharp. The old Sharp video was good but no audio. I wonder if anyone else audio problems with Sharp?
Old 08-20-2015, 09:43 PM   #22

What is wrong with Oak?

Between it and Maple the maple is lighter color but is like pine being relatively soft unless hard rock but those not so tough either.

Oak is like working with steel, it is fairly stable and very hard and strong.

The joinery and cutter shapes can make the look be fresh or old.

The wood itself should not matter that much.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:57 PM   #23
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ60 View Post
What is wrong with Oak?

Between it and Maple the maple is lighter color but is like pine being relatively soft unless hard rock but those not so tough either.

Oak is like working with steel, it is fairly stable and very hard and strong.

The joinery and cutter shapes can make the look be fresh or old.

The wood itself should not matter that much.
For durability, you are right, you can't beat Oak. But some people don't like the looks of it - my wife being one of them. Maple is hard wood, if you like light colors.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:31 AM   #24

On my next coach there are three things I will be looking at. Reliability, reliability and reliability. I don't think I want to be the guy that has the latest and greatest gadgets that you find out two years down the road that they really weren't that good. These forums are full of problems with components that were found to be not that great after a few years in the field. This new coach looks to be solidly built with good components. Wood, curtains, shades are all personal choice and I'm sure can be changed if you want to order a new coach. I would be looking at the guts of this thing rather than the skin.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:51 PM   #25

We were at the debut of the new coach. It appeared that Country Coach was expecting a bigger turnout than they got, they had people serving ice cream and even a guitar player. There were supposed to be talks at 9:00, 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm. The 3:00 pm one was cancelled. There were about 25 people at each of the earlier ones. Many of those were people who were here for service work, us included.

Roin explained that the decor of the new coach was his personal choice as they were building the coach for him and that many other options are available..

It is an impressvie coach, although we don't care for the oak or the bath and a half floor plan..The digital dash and ease of service in the engine compartment are impressive.

2016 Ford Taurus - Toad
Steve n Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 12:10 AM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
I, for one, am thrilled to see CC take this next step toward being a fully-functioning RV manufacturer! I really want to see them succeed, because it would be nice to have a brand built on the West Coast with West Coast Factory service!

Go, Country Coach, GO!!!
Old 08-24-2015, 09:48 PM   #27

It was just a bit too far for us to make it to the open house. We wanted too, but just too many miles. Plan to go in about 10 days. Hope we can still see it.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:22 PM   #28

Does anyone know if the electronic dash is a Silverleaf system?

40FT FDFS #75725
Rusty Bear is offline   Reply With Quote