Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2015, 08:09 AM   #1
srh

Newmar Owners Club
2016 Country Coach Allure 480 - Debut

Just curious, if anyone attended the 2016 Allure 480 Debut?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2015, 08:49 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
No but did get the email from Ron with pics of the new coach. It is a looker for sure. Would love to have that 500hp ISX but don't regret not having to deal with DEF.

I was surprised to see what appears to be an oak interior. I don't have a problem with oak but it seems many folks do and favor cherry or maple.

I also really like the two tone dash and the darker tone captain's chairs, sofa and recliner.

Is Ron planning to tour the US in this coach and see if he can drum up enough interest to really get started producing coaches? Also wonder if he has arranged financing?
Old 08-18-2015, 09:54 AM   #3

Looked at the pictures and so far, I'm not really impressed
Old 08-18-2015, 10:51 AM   #4

I had to go look for the pictures.

Link to pictures for others in the same boat........

Photos of the 2016 Country Coach Allure 480
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 11:14 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
Looked at the pictures and so far, I'm not really impressed
If you compare the interior to those of the Entegra and Newmar DP's (which IMO border on too much glitz, LED lights, swag-draped window valences, etc), it is indeed much more conservative. I do think the choice of oak for the interior was not the best, giving the interior a bit of a dated look.

I'm an old fart so we (DW and I) like the more conservatively decorated CC. However, I do wonder if Ron considered a younger buyer in his choices.
Old 08-18-2015, 11:43 AM   #6
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Tastefully & simply decorated. While I prefer maple, the stain on the oak will turn to a deeper hue w/time & is much preferable (for me at least) to the dark cherry, claustrophobia-inducing stain on many new coaches. Accordion-pleated shades, though? Really? And what would be the reason for dual awnings?

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 11:53 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Tastefully & simply decorated. While I prefer maple, the stain on the oak will turn to a deeper hue w/time & is much preferable (for me at least) to the dark cherry, claustrophobia-inducing stain on many new coaches. Accordion-pleated shades, though? Really? And what would be the reason for dual awnings?

Lori-
Agree on the shades. We swapped out those accordion shades on our Journey for MCD shades. The Allure we now have does have the original accordion day/night shades but they are better quality than those we had in the Journey.... they all still work just fine. However, we will replace them with something like the MCD's whenever they start to fail (or maybe if we ever get to MCD in Texas and have a few $$$$$ burning a hole in our pocket ).

The dual awnings would be useless to us but many of the higher end coaches have them. For me would be just another useless, wind wimpy, auto awning to rarely use.
Old 08-18-2015, 02:49 PM   #8
srh

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
No but did get the email from Ron with pics of the new coach. It is a looker for sure. Would love to have that 500hp ISX but don't regret not having to deal with DEF.

I was surprised to see what appears to be an oak interior. I don't have a problem with oak but it seems many folks do and favor cherry or maple.

I also really like the two tone dash and the darker tone captain's chairs, sofa and recliner.

Is Ron planning to tour the US in this coach and see if he can drum up enough interest to really get started producing coaches? Also wonder if he has arranged financing?
Actually, the DEF is not bad at all - for one thing it will run real clean and it wouldn't be too big of an issue, at least for me, to have it. I have had it on several MB BlueTec cars including one I currently have (S350).
Old 08-18-2015, 04:56 PM   #9

Wait, is this a 2016 or a 2006?

As much as I hate Thor, Ron might want to go take a look at a new Airstream. At least they are making an attempt at something contemporary, modern and semi-understated that should age well.

I'm 48, and even if I had the $$$ to spend on this coach, I'd keep on looking...
Old 08-18-2015, 05:12 PM   #10

I'm pretty sure from all of the posts I've read from us CC owners on this up coming Allure, now with us, that we all want this to be a home run!

Time will tell how this sorts out. I thought of two different things when looking at the decor: 1) Many of the existing CC owners looking for a new CC - are, well, older!; 2) Ron, whom this coach was made for, well - he's from an era of when this specific interior decor was 'The Bomb!', 'Good Gravy', 'Swell', etc....

Very pleased to see this coach!! Excited for CC. And, like the majority of us CC owners - hoping this is the first step!

Best to all,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 05:37 PM   #11

I hear what you are saying Smitty, but it looks like they just took whatever parts were left over when the line shut down in what '08 and put them in this unit. Other than the electronic gauges, do you see much of anything different than your Allure? Maybe the pullout drawer assembly in the kitchen perhaps, but beyond that...

Believe me, I'm not one for the swoopy mirrored ceilings with multi colored LED rope lights and what not either, but if this was supposed to be a flagship entry to rekindle interest in the company, not sure if it will hit that goal.
Old 08-18-2015, 06:00 PM   #12

Actually, there were no parts left over after the bankruptcy auction in 2010. This coach was handbuilt from scratch. Ron Lee used a 2009 Allure 45-footer as a template to complete this coach, so understandable the floorplan is the same. As far as the oak cabinets, they look a lot better than the dark, cheap cabinets we saw in a Thor Tuscany last week. The Allure as a line is not as flashy as the Magna/Affinity, and of course less complicated, so it made sense for Ron to start with an Allure.
I think it took a lot of guts and determination for Ron to push this project through, and his efforts can do nothing but help current Country Coach owners.
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 06:17 PM   #13

Let's see were to start. Hate the dark paint and two awnings we need one big awning. No awning over entry door blows on rainy day. Not crazy about the interior wood choice looks cheap. No use for a desk. I like my accordion day/ night shades. We also like rope lights around the windows and toe kick. I'm hoping they sell a bunch of them and others but I seriously doubt it.
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 08:05 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peralko View Post
I think it took a lot of guts and determination for Ron to push this project through, and his efforts can do nothing but help current Country Coach owners.
I agree.

But...

What is the price point that this coach is going to be offered at, and what is their competition like in that range? Wasn't it like $450-500k but possibly 7-800k?