Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:31 PM   #1
36' Country Coach

I am looking at a reasonably priced 1991 Country Coach, garaged since new with a CAT 3208 turbo in it with under 75k miles. Can anyone tell me about this particular animal…if you own one or have owned one, would you buy another, etc.? Thank you. I am not new to RV's just don't know much about this model and configuration.

scorps7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2014, 01:03 AM   #2
I have a 1992 37' country coach affinity.... Love it. Bought it last summer after shopping for about 10 months. It's a quality build and on a gillig bus chasis. Mine had about 52k miles on it when I purchased and was in very good condition cosmetically, however, I did pump a lot of funds into repairing/replacing many items due to age and lack of use (it hadn't been used much for several years.) New airbags, all new hoses, belts, air dryer, tires, fridge, axle seals, etc etc etc. costs added up in a hurry and I was very aggressive on making sure everything was top notch.... If it was in question, I replaced it. For the record, I spent about $15,000 dialing it in after purchase.... Some would say I went overboard but I'll have it for a long time and I feel like I'm driving a brand new rig.
I was very hesitant to go with the 3208 turbo cat and the allison 4 speed transmission since they are "dated technology." However, I have no regrets about going with that drivetrain and it serves me well with adequate power (I drive in the mountains very regularly). Might not be the fastest up the hill, but the set up is simple, reliable, and durable. I had limited my search to similar vintage Country Coaches, Beavers, and Foretravels. If you don't have to have slide outs, can deal with not having the newest tranny/engine combo, and want something relatively simple, well built, and reliable, go for it! Deffinatley represents a great value!

Ron Burgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 02:50 AM   #3
Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Howdy and welcome to the forum. I can't help much on the particular coach your looking at only to say that we shopped Country Coaches in the passed and they are a quality coach. We know a couple of people that have them and they love them. I'm sure you'll get the info your looking for from some owners here. Good Luck and hope it all works out.
Steve & Sally / HiTee & Hudson Our Little Poms / Heidi & Houston Forever in our Hearts
04 NEWMAR MACA 3778 W22 / 05 PT Vert
Michigan (Summer) Florida (Winter)
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:36 AM   #4
Country Coach Owners Club
We have owned our '95 Magna for over 12 years.

We would buy another in a heartbeat.

But, I cannot help with the Cat 3208 since ours is a Cummins.
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:28 PM   #5
One more thing to add... In all of my research and conversations, I have yet find a current or past owner who was dissatisfied.
Assuming its been taken care of and it speaks to you.... Buy it.
Ron Burgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:01 PM   #6
We just bought a new (to us) 2002 Intrigue and so far love it a lot. It's the most solidly built RV we have ever had and plan to have until we hang up our keys.
2002 Country Coach Intrigue 36
Currently staying warm in Yuma AZ
garth333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:25 AM   #7
CC is a great rig. Like they said, if it speaks to you buy it.

2015 Voltage 3200
2015 Denali Duramax 2500HD (loving it)
ducmons is offline   Reply With Quote