Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-21-2014, 03:53 PM   #15

Ours has leak somewhere near fan motor.

Cannot get to it being somewhat lazy...

It just drips some on ground so a bit of cat litter keeps it good.

Top off the tank etc.

Bleeder is on the big pipe on top about cener og engine...easy to spot.

The holes in cover are more like large slots so each has washer and nut.

Do not pressure wash as water gets into things.

Better to soap it up with strong degreaser and rinse

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2014, 04:01 PM   #16

Aha! Those throttle springs, I bet the farm, is why I could not get it into 4th gear a few times on my trip north? I had some angry citizens behind me, as I was trying to get her up there.... I've been using that Lucas Inj. Cleaner stuff, as I do with my Duramax HD2500. It helps on mileage, too...($20.00 of Lucas, for a 100 Gal fuel. Get a 1/2 mpg or better, plus cleans( the injectors and such)(that's 50 miles more on a 100 gal.) This may not be accurate? But thanks for the heads up, and the tip on the springs... John

Old 07-21-2014, 04:06 PM   #17

I'll use Purple Power Degreaser (50% diluted) then, and do as you say, rinse with hose. Thanks for the petcock location, too. Now, where are those sheets my wife don't use any more? :0 Honey........? LOL
Old 07-21-2014, 04:10 PM   #18

Head Gasket or Compressor, A bad Head Gasket doesn't always show water in the oil (milkshake), Is it pushing coolant out the radiator in any way?
Old 07-21-2014, 04:54 PM   #19

Shift point is adjustable via rotating disks inside the tranny...can do in sleep...

Ours final shift is about 55 to 60 mph.

3208 tac is a higher speed engine so it is geared that way.

On the governer you can move the link to a closer hole to the pivot and maybe improve it.

Worked on ours but cruise is a bit different feel due to stiffer control.

Have new spring from Cat...about 16 bucks but have not taken time to change it.

You also can feather throttle to make it shift but not good if under power
Old 07-21-2014, 06:39 PM   #20

I had the oil changed while out on last trip, in Asheville, N.C., and they did not notice anything in the oil? I don't see any leaks from the radiator or hoses, either? I'm in Florida on the ranch, and trying to find time between my work, and the storms to get out there and start tackling it. Tony, I'll check out those springs? Also, I learned the hard way never to shut engine off, while in gear... The day I bought it, and drove it up from Ft. Myers, I stopped to top it off. I had the gas lanes blocked w/car in tow. Race Trac was very good to me, as I was frantically expecting a big tow bill? :0 Finally, I crawled under the back, and saw the tranny shifter, and manually pushed the shaft into neutral. I was so happy!!! Hope I never do that again? Before I get sidetracked, I'm gonna list on here, what I need to do to get ready for next trip:
1. Coolant/Radiator: Burp coolant, check radiator cap, and system by pressure gauge (maybe 10 lbs at the most).
2. Clean engine w/degreaser, and check for leaks from the top on down.
3. Check Fan Clutch by disconnecting from module, and see if it runs on high? (I thought that switch above dash controls that? Am I wrong?). And, use the shop wrag trick outside of radiator/condenser and see if it sticks?
4. Attempt to get DKD Genset up and running again??? Can't go without it... The dash a/c compressor is disconnected on the engine. Still there, but no brackets, etc.?
5. Reconnect all battery cables and place salve on connectors. Clean ground to engine, and tighten possibly again?
6. Fill reservoir for P/S and Hydraulic Fan.
7. 1 1/2 quarts of Tranny fluid.
8. Pressure wash radiator fins, and condenser fins carefully...
9. Engine hatch in bedroom, needs 3/4" nuts and large washers. Maybe he put them in the storage box?
10. Price around for a new toilet? The bottom flap is stuck open, and when I looked inside the back, its not valid to me... I stick a plastic soda cup in there, and that keeps the fumes away. I also use the blue stuff, too.
Phew! Can't wait to see that all get done... I got 5 acres to mow, and the rain, and the heat are holding me back. Got half done today...
Ah one last thing?
11. Fill up the propane tank and check for leaks, and see if the fridge will run on it? Its not working properly on any currents?
Old 07-21-2014, 10:05 PM   #21

Good list.

Never ever pressure wash a radiator...

Side mount so good sosp soak and rinse.

For dash ac you have ine at each end so when charging make sure both on cool.

Also do NOT upgrade to r134 as tge molecule is small enough to go through the rubber hoses and there are a lot of it.

We used hot shot as a direct replacement suggested by local commercial engineering company...not much more expensive than r134 just need right person.

We have fun with some folks as the front has a normal looking grille with the ac condenser there and the genny located where the normal engine would be.

You tell them the little diesel there makes it go you can get them for a bit...

BTW the fan control over the driver is for the fan in the overhead console that draws air in the large center vent and out the small ones.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:07 PM   #22

Also nuts are 1/2 nc...reqires 3/4 wrench.

You will need 6 nuts and 6 large washers
Old 07-21-2014, 10:09 PM   #23

Toilet is electric with a small motor that opens the door and controls the water.

Check the voltages as it should not be too difficult to repair...parts may be available.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:21 AM   #24

Question? My convertor plug socket, in back of the engine compartment, upper right corner near rt. tail light, does not have power. I checked the breaker, in breaker panel in bedroom under tv, and the left top breaker (convertor is in tack). Could it still be blown? Granted, convertor is not coming on either.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:59 AM   #25

What does the voltmeter say?

Also why one does not pressure wash engine...inverter also back there in same spot...
Old 07-25-2014, 10:32 AM   #26

The voltmeter is behind the kitchen table? It reads, something when I flick the little toggle switch on it, but didn't pay attention to voltage? I may have done something by pressure washing? But it looks like its plugged into that socket, that I don't have any power too?
Old 07-25-2014, 10:39 AM   #27

A real volt meter...

Check voltage at the breaker panel then the outlet.

If lucky you just have bad outlet.
Old 07-26-2014, 12:35 PM   #28

Thank you, Tony