I had the oil changed while out on last trip, in Asheville, N.C., and they did not notice anything in the oil? I don't see any leaks from the radiator or hoses, either? I'm in Florida on the ranch, and trying to find time between my work, and the storms to get out there and start tackling it. Tony, I'll check out those springs? Also, I learned the hard way never to shut engine off, while in gear... The day I bought it, and drove it up from Ft. Myers, I stopped to top it off. I had the gas
lanes blocked w/car in tow. Race Trac was very good to me, as I was frantically expecting a big tow bill? :0 Finally, I crawled under the back, and saw the tranny shifter, and manually pushed the shaft into neutral. I was so happy!!! Hope I never do that again? Before I get sidetracked, I'm gonna list on here, what I need to do to get ready for next trip:
1. Coolant/Radiator: Burp coolant, check radiator cap, and system by pressure gauge (maybe 10 lbs at the most).
2. Clean engine w/degreaser, and check for leaks from the top on down.
3. Check Fan Clutch by disconnecting from module, and see if it runs on high? (I thought that switch above dash controls that? Am I wrong?). And, use the shop wrag trick outside of radiator/condenser and see if it sticks?
4. Attempt to get DKD Genset up and running again??? Can't go without it... The dash a/c compressor is disconnected on the engine. Still there, but no brackets, etc.?
5. Reconnect all battery cables and place salve on connectors. Clean ground to engine, and tighten possibly again?
6. Fill reservoir for P/S and Hydraulic Fan.
7. 1 1/2 quarts of Tranny fluid.
8. Pressure wash radiator fins, and condenser fins carefully...
9. Engine hatch in bedroom, needs 3/4" nuts and large washers. Maybe he put them in the storage box?
10. Price around for a new toilet? The bottom flap is stuck open, and when I looked inside the back, its not valid to me... I stick a plastic soda cup in there, and that keeps the fumes away. I also use the blue stuff, too.
Can't wait to see that all get done... I got 5 acres to mow, and the rain, and the heat are holding me back. Got half done today...
Ah one last thing?
11. Fill up the propane tank and check for leaks, and see if the fridge will run on it? Its not working properly on any currents?