Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:01 AM   #1
Any 91 or 92 CC owners out there? Just wondering as I have just bought a pristine 91 Sedona. Since we did not want slides and this one was so nice we bought it, even though it is older. It has been very well maintained and updated.

sgt77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2008, 03:01 AM   #2
Any 91 or 92 CC owners out there? Just wondering as I have just bought a pristine 91 Sedona. Since we did not want slides and this one was so nice we bought it, even though it is older. It has been very well maintained and updated.

sgt77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:30 PM   #3
just looking at a 91 sarasota, any advice. jim
jimmyjnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:33 AM   #4
I know that you sold your '91 but as I am looking at a '91 Safari I was wondering if you had any advice/thoughts?
Garynmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 10:00 AM   #5
Country Coach Owners Club

If no pics it didn't happen! Lol
Hondalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 04:00 PM   #6
We have A 92 and love it.
T1NMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 01:43 AM   #7
1992 affinity here. Great coach! Just make sure to check out all of the rubber thoroughly (tires, belts, hoses) as these are usually the items that fail first due to age/lack of use. I ended up replacing all of the above when I purchased mine... Much of it preventative maintenance.
Ron Burgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:37 AM   #8
That era CC had such classic lines, those along with sighting of my first Concept - is what really got me interested in the CC line.

I like the way Ron thinks, as I did the same on my 2004 coach. I did not preventatively replace the long runs of the heater hoses to the front OTA heater. But I did buy the stuff needed and have it in a marked bag, to do a quick bypass if those start to leak while on a trip. One other reason to change out any rubber diesel fuel lines, like to the generator and on our coach to the Hydro Hot, is that the ULSD fuels are not kind to them. They can get small pin holes, and have been known to start fires. Any good NAPA replacement hose will do you well with ULSD, but I did order the Gates Baricade line (been awhile, pretty sure that's he name) for these runs. And Gates Blue Stripe for all other hoses around the engine. While I was at it, ordered the Gates fan belts too, and kept the old ones as spares (per the documents that game with the coach, the belts were two years old). Don't forget the hoses/belt on the generator, if it is water cooled.

One other thing I did as new baseline ownership, was crawl around with a flashlight and handful of tools. I got to look over the chassis real well, and also found several ground connections. These I loosened up, cleaned the area as needed with emory cloth, and reattached, and then spray protected with the same red stuff I spray on the battery terminal. Found some other grounds in the engine compartment and two electrical cabinets. I was also able to clean the cables ends where they connect to the starter. This took several hours at my pace, and then I final cleaning and reconnecting of the chassis and house battery terminals/cables - which I had disconnected before my maintenance cycle.

I figured it was a good way for me to learn more about the coach, and was good preventative maintenance. And of course, the one I missed doing, was the one that later gave me problems. So how I forgot to get into the wire ground that feeds the front stairs steps and slide - yep, the slide remained closed at the end of the day of a long drive - and that is one heck of a first step when coming off the floor landing to the lower steps!!

Enjoy your coach, all of you with these vintage finely built rigs - salute!
Roo II is our 04 Country Coach Allure 40'
OnDRoad for The JRNY! Enjoy life...
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 09:34 AM   #9
1992 Magna , Love it, just don't get to use it as much as I like, We've had her 4 years and put 12000 miles on her, have had some adventures with breakdowns but were always able to fix her on the road, I like it because it's different from all the new rigs....I am an avid DIYer so it's right up my alley...

1992 Country Coach Magna 300 hp Cummins 4 speed Allison, 98,000 miles, Coach #4904
benford is offline   Reply With Quote