Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-24-2013, 09:24 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
bobioknight's Avatar


 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 255
93 magna, Aseco alarm replacement

Has anyone replaced their old Aseco alarm system. I can not find the remote button controller so I think I need to replace the unit. What have you done about your older alarm system.
__________________

__________________
------------------------------------------
"Mrs. CC. Magna" 36' 1993 Country Coach, Magna, 300hp Cummins, 5 speed Alison trans. Acme Eze tow dolly with surge brake.
127,000 miles and counting...
bobioknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2013, 12:39 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,493
Check with local auto sound dealers.

Many alarm controls may be interchangable or aftermarket one available.

Cost nothing to ask, they can quote replacement of alarm if needed.
__________________

__________________
Tony & Lori
1989 Country Coach Savannah SE
TQ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:30 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
bobioknight's Avatar


 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 255
Does anyone ever use an alarm, my quest is to make everything work properly, within reason. Not sure I really need an alarm or use one. Can imagine leaving the coach for the afternoon and coming back to a group of frustrated neighbors upset because the alarm had been going off the whole time for no obvious reason.

Do you arm your alarms when leaving or camping?
__________________
------------------------------------------
"Mrs. CC. Magna" 36' 1993 Country Coach, Magna, 300hp Cummins, 5 speed Alison trans. Acme Eze tow dolly with surge brake.
127,000 miles and counting...
bobioknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:04 AM   #4
Member
 
benford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 88
Have not even tried mine, the previous owner said it worked, usually good people in rv parks so I never really think about it...The deadbolt on the door is all we use...
__________________
1992 Country Coach Magna 300 hp Cummins 4 speed Allison, 113,000 miles, Coach #4904.."Ramblin'" Rosie
benford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:44 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
bobioknight's Avatar


 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 255
Yes, that is all we would do too. I will not worry about it then. Thanks.
__________________
------------------------------------------
"Mrs. CC. Magna" 36' 1993 Country Coach, Magna, 300hp Cummins, 5 speed Alison trans. Acme Eze tow dolly with surge brake.
127,000 miles and counting...
bobioknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:17 PM   #6
Member
 
benford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobioknight View Post
Yes, that is all we would do too. I will not worry about it then. Thanks.
Hey Bobio are those the original colors on your rig ?
That is my wifes favorite color for a vehicle, I think it looks really sharp also,
That is the first one we have seen with that color scheme,
__________________
1992 Country Coach Magna 300 hp Cummins 4 speed Allison, 113,000 miles, Coach #4904.."Ramblin'" Rosie
benford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:18 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
bobioknight's Avatar


 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 255
Hi Benford, Thanks for the complement. Yes, it is the original colors, I think it has something to do with the "decorum edition" (not sure though), and I must agree that it really caught our eye. Not too excited about the acid green captains chairs inside, but for the time I guess it was pretty "designy". Even though we would really like to keep the coach as close to original as possible, I really feel they have to be changed. I guess upgrades is all part of the fun about owning a coach, We could not be happier with Ms. CC.

Yours is just as shiny and clean. Gotta love these older coaches!
__________________
------------------------------------------
"Mrs. CC. Magna" 36' 1993 Country Coach, Magna, 300hp Cummins, 5 speed Alison trans. Acme Eze tow dolly with surge brake.
127,000 miles and counting...
bobioknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:16 AM   #8
Member
 
benford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobioknight View Post
Hi Benford, Thanks for the complement. Yes, it is the original colors, I think it has something to do with the "decorum edition" (not sure though), and I must agree that it really caught our eye. Not too excited about the acid green captains chairs inside, but for the time I guess it was pretty "designy". Even though we would really like to keep the coach as close to original as possible, I really feel they have to be changed. I guess upgrades is all part of the fun about owning a coach, We could not be happier with Ms. CC.

Yours is just as shiny and clean. Gotta love these older coaches!
The previous owner of ours put in new captains chairs "Flexsteel" is the brand name, Don't know what the original color was they are white now, very comfee,
I did find the original carpet color it was mauve , yuck... glad it was updated before we bought it,
ours is also the "decorum edition" I have no idea what this means...
Also had pink tile in the bathroom, and parquet floor in the kitchen,
Hope you have as much fun with yours as we have with ours,
Have you been on your first trip yet?

oh..ours has a name also "Ramblin' Rosie"
__________________
1992 Country Coach Magna 300 hp Cummins 4 speed Allison, 113,000 miles, Coach #4904.."Ramblin'" Rosie
benford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:08 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
bobioknight's Avatar


 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by benford View Post
The previous owner of ours put in new captains chairs "Flexsteel" is the brand name, Don't know what the original color was they are white now, very comfee,
I did find the original carpet color it was mauve , yuck... glad it was updated before we bought it,
ours is also the "decorum edition" I have no idea what this means...
Also had pink tile in the bathroom, and parquet floor in the kitchen,
Hope you have as much fun with yours as we have with ours,
Have you been on your first trip yet?

oh..ours has a name also "Ramblin' Rosie"

Ramblin' Rosie, perfect....

Decorum edition was describing the floor plan. Does this photo of CC look like yours. Flexsteel, thanks, I will look into those. Mauve and pink, well it could be worse, they did have some odd coloring back in the day.

Yes, we took her out for a weekend, then right back into the shop, went through the entire drive train. Cleaned up a couple oil leaks, replaced exhaust manifold, charge air cooler, filters, fluids, brakes, belts... Think we got it all. Should get it back in a couple weeks, then back out for some more fun.

Can't wait to get her home, she has been away longer than she has been here.
__________________
------------------------------------------
"Mrs. CC. Magna" 36' 1993 Country Coach, Magna, 300hp Cummins, 5 speed Alison trans. Acme Eze tow dolly with surge brake.
127,000 miles and counting...
bobioknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:05 AM   #10
Member
 
benford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobioknight View Post
Ramblin' Rosie, perfect....

Decorum edition was describing the floor plan. Does this photo of CC look like yours. Flexsteel, thanks, I will look into those. Mauve and pink, well it could be worse, they did have some odd coloring back in the day.

Yes, we took her out for a weekend, then right back into the shop, went through the entire drive train. Cleaned up a couple oil leaks, replaced exhaust manifold, charge air cooler, filters, fluids, brakes, belts... Think we got it all. Should get it back in a couple weeks, then back out for some more fun.

Can't wait to get her home, she has been away longer than she has been here.
This is our interior now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1200.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	279.0 KB
ID:	34426   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1202.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	309.7 KB
ID:	34427  

__________________
1992 Country Coach Magna 300 hp Cummins 4 speed Allison, 113,000 miles, Coach #4904.."Ramblin'" Rosie
benford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:43 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
bobioknight's Avatar


 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 255
Sure looks familiar. We needed the extra bed so ours has the dinette. Your captains chairs look very nice. I have to figure something out for the tv, the angle makes it a bit hard to see from all the seats, probably a swing away bracket.... Not sure yet.

How long have you had yours?



__________________
------------------------------------------
"Mrs. CC. Magna" 36' 1993 Country Coach, Magna, 300hp Cummins, 5 speed Alison trans. Acme Eze tow dolly with surge brake.
127,000 miles and counting...
bobioknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
bobioknight's Avatar


 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 255
Some shots of Ms. CC


__________________
------------------------------------------
"Mrs. CC. Magna" 36' 1993 Country Coach, Magna, 300hp Cummins, 5 speed Alison trans. Acme Eze tow dolly with surge brake.
127,000 miles and counting...
bobioknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:00 AM   #13
Member
 
benford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 88
Wow yours looks really good, wish our parquet floor looked like that, ours was water damaged the edges curled up and had gaps between the lamination of boards, some idiot put tile right over the top of it and...you guest it....it all broke loose on the first rough road we traveled on,
Those pictures I posted are when we first brought it home I need to take some new ones just haven't taken the time...

I have updated the front TV, need to make video of how it works, I used a swing away wall mount but mounted it sideways so it swings down, then I made a shelf behind it for the DVR,
When the TV is in the up position you can't see the DVR,
I figured why not use that big empty space where the old original TV was,
I wanted to make the TV go up and down electrically but got nowhere with it, still might try it,
I did have to cut the left side of the old TV "cave" back, because the 26 inch TV was too wide for the original space by putting it on a steeper angle it made the face wider,
Hard to explain......need to make a video......
__________________
1992 Country Coach Magna 300 hp Cummins 4 speed Allison, 113,000 miles, Coach #4904.."Ramblin'" Rosie
benford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
bobioknight's Avatar


 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 255
Hey, tv tilting down is a great idea, especially using the dead space behind the tv for storage and DVR. Oooooh, automatically lifts and lowers would be sweet!

Thanks, the floors are in great shape, Last owner really cared for her. I hope I can find the missing sink cover. Although your floors broke up, sure looks you recovered well, it is very clean.

Do you travel off pavement? Curious if you have clearance issues?
__________________

__________________
------------------------------------------
"Mrs. CC. Magna" 36' 1993 Country Coach, Magna, 300hp Cummins, 5 speed Alison trans. Acme Eze tow dolly with surge brake.
127,000 miles and counting...
bobioknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
replacement



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.