Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:59 PM   #1
A/C's on an Intrigue Ovation

I was just reading a post on the class A forum inquiring opinions on two or three A/C units. I thought I'd pose my specific question here. I'm looking at 2003 to 2005 Intrigue Ovations, two and three slides. One I'm looking at is a two slide, three A/C. No question about that one, it should cool superbly. But what do Ovation owners have to say about a three slide with two A/C units sitting in the open sun with highs between 95 & 100 and lows in the lower 80's. If I can keep the temp inside at 74, I'm happy. Also would like to hear what you have to say about a two slide, two A/C.

2004 Country Coach Intrigue Ovation 525
2007 Chevy Silverado 4x4 toad
bluegrassrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2014, 10:06 PM   #2
I have two slides and three airs. 42' light color. We have an affinity. Very good insulation. In my experience, once the inside temp is cooled down two easily keeps you cool. For hot high humidity days you want three airs. Size matters though. 36' two likely fine.

B Bob
Country Coach 42' Affinity
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:23 PM   #3
Thanks B Bob. The Ovation is a 42 and I do camp in a few hot and humid places from time to time. I've kind of been saying in my mind I want three. Maybe I had better stick to that.
2004 Country Coach Intrigue Ovation 525
2007 Chevy Silverado 4x4 toad
bluegrassrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:24 AM   #4
If you have three ACs, you will still have enough cooling capacity when one AC goes out. If you are stuck with one working AC, I doubt it will cool the coach. The ACs will go out--it's just a matter of when. We have replaced all three ACs, and the one replaced in 2006 needs to be replaced this summer.
USAF Retired
2000 Prevost Marathon H3-45
Towing 2006 Nissan Maxima
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:43 AM   #5
Also check to see what AC units were installed. Our 40' Allure with two slides, had two 15K BTU units installed, and we can cool the place down quick with both on. Then maintain temps with only the rear unit on and closing off some of the vents in the bathroom/bedroom area (I always leave one open in the bedroom) pushes more of the rear AC's air thru the shared ducting. This keeps the loud AC fan noise in ther rear of the coach, and yet most of the time this keep us comfortable in the front. We've only had one time when temps were about 105, that we had to turn the front AC on for 10-15 mins out of every 60-90 min period, to help bring down the temps.

We do have and use the ourside windshield screen shades, for both privacy too, but mostly this is the largest area of heat gain/loss from the coach. Can still see outside too.

You might find your rig your looking at with the two AC's, had the optional 15K BTU units.

Best of luck,
Roo II is our 04 Country Coach Allure 40'
OnDRoad for The JRNY! Enjoy life...
Smitty77 is online now   Reply With Quote