Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 04-12-2016, 04:19 AM   #1
Country Coach Owners Club
A few small warts...

Following my failed Beaver-battery fiasco purchase that aired here, we are wrapping out arms around an '05 CC Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit with 89,000 miles of experience. Upon close inspection we have found a few small warts that need diagnosis. Here are a few.

First, the security system doesn't operate but we found paperwork. It's by Tri-Mark. Also found no fobs.
Where did CC usually hide the main security system control?
What's the size of the control and what color is it? What does it operate or sense (I see contacts on bay doors)?
If security doesn't work now, do I need to worry about it mysteriously disabling the coach or locking me out?

The 2 front surround sound speakers don't workin any A/V mode. It's a std issue Pioneer flip-up unit with sound and back-up camera. All other speakers work. Messed with the controls for fader, etc….nothing.
Removed hood on dash but stopped poking around after reading Silverleaf's "don't mess around here" warning label plastered on radio.
Seller removed the Dish stuff from rack. Figured "A ha!" Loosened component rack looked in back, wiggled stuff with the radio on. Nothing. Saw nothing dangling. Worked to open the speakers to see the type and color of the wire. Gave up wisely.
Briefly considered Craig's List ad for HS whiz-kid.
Called Best Buy for a Geek Squad…what a joke.
Willing to throw a 100 or so at the problem, but no more. Out of ideas, do you folks have any?

Seriously considering using cork flooring forward of the fridge. The cork is gorgeous! Have concern about marking by slide-out rollers, but those with wood floors don't mention this problem. Your thoughts? Have any of you done this?

Finally: Where does Country Coach hide the main water filter?. Looked everywhere. Worry that if I don't find it, the thing will turn green inside and make us all sick. It's big, should be easy to find. Where might I look? Where did CC hide your filter?

Really look forward to your answers. If living in busses were easy, we'd all have a hard time finding places to stay. Fast roads and fair winds.

2005 CC Allure 470 #31177, "Running Late" lugging Tom, 2 African greys, a Havanese and either a Corvette or Mini Cooper running behind
8Birds is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2016, 05:44 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Congrats on the new-to-you Allure. We love ours.

While our's is a 2007, maybe I can help with two of your questions.

Our Trimark security box is inside the entry door. You have to remove the interior panel to get to it. We don't use our system much and if mine stopped working, I would not spend any time trying to fix it.

Our whole coach water filter is behind a little door on the left side of the wet bay. The space is tight so I just removed the filter element, screwed it back together and I use my own double filter system which sits outside the coach.

Sorry, but can't help with the speaker issue. So may wires in the beast .

'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 11:57 AM   #3
Send a message via AIM to JohnFreyja Send a message via MSN to JohnFreyja
Not sure I can help much as my 08 Intrigue may be much different but I had an issue with the TriMark and got help from Premier RV in Junction City. Young man found the unit forward of the Dash and access was by moving the Generator forward on it's track and then TriMark was approximately in the middle (from outside). I also had to replace a fob and he knew how to program it to the main unit.
My water filter is behind a small metal door in the plumbing bay but my previous Inspire had it in a Passenger side bay behind a carpeted panel with screws through the carpet.
One of my speakers isn't working and I haven't found the answer yet but I'm thinking it's just unplugged from the back of the stereo or maybe behind the speaker which I haven't taken out yet.
08 Intrigue
2014 Ford Edge
JohnFreyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 10:36 AM   #4
The water filter on our 2005 Allure is in the Hydro Hot bay aft of the Hydro Hot.

There is a switch on the driver's side panel, toward the rear, I believe it's labeled HOME, my coach is being serviced so I can't look. It switches the two overhead surround speakers between the dash unit and the AV rack, might try there if you haven't already.

Check the wiring from the door to the coach for breaks or chaffing, that's where we found the problem with our security system. If it hasn't been done yet, you might consider changing the plunger switch for the steps to a magnetic switch. The plunger type wears a groove into the door frame resulting in the switch not completely closing, causing the steps to go in and out while driving. After trying shimming it several times, I finally changed it over.
2005 Country Coach Allure 470 42
ISL 400 Cummins
37driver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 08:21 AM   #5
A few warts.....

Thanks 37driver for the wonderful answers. The home switch turned on the front speakers. What a great thing this is! Hope the filter is where yours is, looking for it this pm. Pls send me a private email if you wouldn't mind talking from time to time. Spending season south of Asheville. Maybe we'll meet somewhere this year. Tom
8Birds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 11:03 AM   #6

Congratulations on your new Allure. Best of luck with it.

Happy Trails!!
Tony & Ruth........... FMCA#F416727
Newmar Dutch Star 4320, Spartan MM Chassis, Cat C9, Jeep Grand Cherokee,with Hemi, hooked up with a Blue Ox Aventa LX, and Brake Buddy.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 09:04 AM   #7
Congratulations on your new-to-you CC Allure.

On my 2006 Allure 430, as 37driver said, is aft of the hydro hot in the hydro hot bay.

The suggestion for the front step switch sounds like a good one, since just last week I had the front steps extend at 62mph on I-5. Exciting times! Since my coach is at OMC getting a seat lift put in (DW has MS), I have now sent a note to OMC to change the switch to magnetic.

Great forum!

Stu Koop
2006 CC Allure Hood River #31301
the "Koopacabana"
Koopacabana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 09:05 AM   #8
Just replaced our whole house water filter yesterday. Ours is in the third bay back on the passenger side next to the water heater. This bay when you open the door on our all you see is two white plastic covers. The water heater / filter bay is the lower one. You have to take the screws out to access it. Make sure you have one of the canister filter wrenches when you attempt to do this. Usually they are on too tight to just hand unscrew. If you can't find your wrench the Water Filter Store has them for about 4 bucks.

A couple of years ago I added a second canister that I attach to the pedestal to remove sediment. That cleans the dirt and funk out of the water before it clogs up the expensive multi purpose filter, or worse you drink the funk. I also added a water softener for when we go to places with hard water. Keeping all the filters up to date and the water softener have made a huge difference. I bought all this stuff on line from the Water Filter store. They are out west but VERY nice people who have very good prices and excellent service for anything you need on line.

B Bob
Country Coach 42' Affinity
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote