Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2019, 10:46 AM   #1

AC condensation drain location - Help

I have a 2007 Country Coach with dual AC units so I am looking for ideas to where I can find the Condensation drain outlet under the coach.

My front unit is plugged, will not drain. The little pump is good. I tried to apply some pressure to the drain hose, no luck. Can't snake it either as it has a 90 degree bend right under the roof line.

Maybe someone with the same vintage coach can help me out, Thanks
gpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2019, 11:11 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
I have an oh six Intrigue. The front AC drain in front of the front left wheel. I have not looked at the hose, only the wet spot. Good luck! I look forward to hearing what you find.
Old 08-13-2019, 11:41 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilee 45 View Post
I have an oh six Intrigue. The front AC drain in front of the front left wheel. I have not looked at the hose, only the wet spot. Good luck! I look forward to hearing what you find.
I just looked very closely, could not find anything.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:47 PM   #4

Remove the cover from the inside of the coach. Look up into it once removed you will see the drain lines coming off of the drip pan. One from each end to a Tee that then goes down the tube by the left front tire.
Some folks use low pressure air 5lbs or so and blow out the tube from were it exits out by the tire.

I disconnected mine at the tee and ran a small round brush up each end as far as I could then actually blew into the one going down and felt the clog go lower down the drain line.
My issue was from bees
Good luck
greg
40' Tag Axle Quad slide CCI #11811
16 Jeep Wrangler, Airforce One
gnvrvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 03:50 PM   #5

I removed the inside cover and there is no water line.

So just for the fun of it I removed the back AC cover on the roof and tested the rear drain line. To my surprise the water leaked onto the roof.

The Greg from Country Coach called me back to explain where the drain lines were installed. Like Jubilee 45 said forward of the front drivers side. tire. The tube to run between the bumper and electrical bay. I could not find anything.

The rear line would be either in the engine bay driver side near the bumper or in the back of the refrigerator cabinet. I could not find it in either place.

Basically I think it was never installed and the existing fitting is plugged. I may find out someday when the unit gets replaced.

So for now I routed the drain line to the roof so it does not find a way to seep inside.

I also discovered the evaporator coils to be be fairly dirty. Looks like a project for another day. It's 94 degrees today.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:03 PM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
Interesting. Now I need to go look. I bought my coach in Jan of this year so many things are new. Any advice on removing the mirrored ceiling cover?
Old 08-13-2019, 04:11 PM   #7

FWIW, my hoses didn't extend below the bottom of the coach; they terminated into the wet bay, and were hidden behind the controls panel.

I thought I had a leaking valve or fitting behind the panel because water would run out the drain ports in the wet bay sometimes (summertime only )

Once the panel got removed so I could replace the valves, it became real clear that all was well with valves, and spiders/wasps would have a heck of a time crawling into the hoses where they were.

Is there moisture below your wet bay?
Old 08-14-2019, 06:48 AM   #8

I wonder if these AC units utilize condensation pumps instead of gravity feed? Have you removed the AC cover on top and taken a look?

Just a thought
Old 08-14-2019, 07:11 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnvrvin View Post
I wonder if these AC units utilize condensation pumps instead of gravity feed? Have you removed the AC cover on top and taken a look?

Just a thought
They do have a pump but the drain hose from the AC unit though the frame appears to be missing, a manufacturing defect.
Old 08-14-2019, 10:12 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpounder View Post
They do have a pump but the drain hose from the AC unit though the frame appears to be missing, a manufacturing defect.

Aww got it. Our 04 intrigue uses gravity feed. That explains why there are no hoses when you looked up.
But there must be something on the pump to divert it away from dripping in?

Is there a way to check pump operation?
greg
Old 08-14-2019, 10:41 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnvrvin View Post
Aww got it. Our 04 intrigue uses gravity feed. That explains why there are no hoses when you looked up.
But there must be something on the pump to divert it away from dripping in?

Is there a way to check pump operation?
greg
So there is a tray under the coils to catch the water and if the tray is high enough and the hose can go downward no pump is needed.

On this unit there is a pump and when I opened up the cover I could feel the shaft rotating and then later it pumped the tray dry when I pulled the hose.

With the drain plugged the tray overflows onto the steel plate that hold the mechanism and then runs out some weep hole onto the roof. The roof seal keeps it from leaking back inside.

Tags
cat