Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2014, 09:37 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Adding Batteries

In our 2005 36' Inspire, we have 2 six volt house batteries in a compartment towards the passenger rear of the coach. I'd like to add at least 2 more, preferably 4 and I'm curious if anyone has any ideas where best to mount them, or where you might have mounted extras on your rig.
thanks in advance for any suggestions.
courtjester is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2014, 01:11 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtjester View Post
In our 2005 36' Inspire, we have 2 six volt house batteries in a compartment towards the passenger rear of the coach. I'd like to add at least 2 more, preferably 4 and I'm curious if anyone has any ideas where best to mount them, or where you might have mounted extras on your rig.
thanks in advance for any suggestions.
All of the Inspires that I have see have 4 house batteries up in front by the inverter and the starting battery is in the rear.
I have 4 house batteries up front driver side one bay from the inverter and 1 8D cat battery in the rear passenger side.
I will be adding 2 more 6V and putting them in the same bay as the inverter, just have to drill a hole through the wall to run the cables for my Samsung RR.
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:18 PM   #3
Community Moderator

i don't know how big the battery compartment in a 2005 inspire is, so your layout may not look like mine. here is fyi... originally in the house battery area, i had two 12v 8D batteries, plus an 8D for chassis. i was to utilize the space to put 6v deep cycle ones, well, i could merely put 4 x 6v to get 450ah. after searched and thought it over, instead i put 3 x 12v trojan j185hc batts there. now i have 675ah power capacity. a j185hc is exactly two t-105's being serial connected. here is how the compartment looks like:

CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:36 PM   #4

I like the wet cell j185c approach. Cost effective, and proven performance.

I was adding more Magnum components into the open battery bay, as part of a MS2800 PSW upgrade. Along with other components related to a solar panel install. So I went AGM for coach, and less gassing maintenance free CAT 8D for chassis. X's 4 Lifeline L16's gives 800AH in the same basic footprint.

Suggest you determine your daily AH needs while not hooked up in an RV park. Add some contingency, I added 25-35%, then pick house batteries that support your expected usage.

Many, many ways to go on this. One will be right for you.
Best,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:56 AM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
My 8d Lifelines are approaching 15 years old so thinking about replacement.
I like the 4 L16 Lifeline idea but I would have to take a second mortgage on the house!
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries