Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2012, 04:36 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Smile Advice please on 99 cc allure

Good morning all. I have found a 99 Country Coach Allure 40'Sld with a 350hp Cummins here is what i know. It was full timed for 12 years, has 79000 miles,gen has 500 hours (diesel) seems to be in good shape over all.It has had rad.recall,tire recall done. The problem here is its a short sell so I dont have a lot of time to move on this if I decide this is the right coach for us.So any input would be very helpful,any known issues,or things I need to check.I have down loaded a 10 page check list from this great site.Please help us if you can. thank you in advance for any replys.
whitetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2012, 05:07 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well as long as it looks good to you then I would go for it. Twelve years of fulltiming should have taken some toll on the interior of the coach but then maybe they went thru it at some time and updated everything. 79K isn't a problem being it isn't even broken in yet but do you have access to any maintenance records? I for sure would hire someone to at least go over the powerplant. They're not a cheap fix if something is a miss there. As I've said if you feel confident enough to check out the other systems yourself then it's a roll of the dice. You don't mention what kind of price their looking at either. That might be of some help on whether it's a decent deal or not as well. JMHO

Almost forgot, if it has an aqua hot / hydro hot system aboard I would most definately have that checked out to make sure it is in working order. Son't know if it was offered then but if so get it checked. Overall CC made a great coach.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:03 AM   #3

KZ RV Club
Press on wallboard around all windows . . . make sure you don't feel any soft wallboard. Look for streaks or marks on the wall to be sure that no water has been leaking. Ours had a drip that came from a wall sconce (light) that I convinced myself was just a drink spill . . . later we had to rebuild the slide because of dry rot. If you can, I'd also get up on the roof to verify that the a/c and everything else is still well sealed. Inside, open cupboards and take a whiff! I know it sounds odd, but a musty smell is okay, but if you smell mold, don't do it!

Does it have all the service records? Can you get a mechanic out there to look at it? How much are they asking for it? I would hesitate on a short sell because I'd wonder how it was treated prior to that . . . has it sat idle for long?
Old 03-10-2012, 08:45 AM   #4

Unless you've been looking for awhile, and know this coach meets your needs, and as a Short Sale it is priced so dang low that you don't mind jumping thru hoops to snag it - keep looking.

IMO, it is never a good idea to fall for 'this will be gone'. Sure, it could be, and it could be a great coach in outstanding condition. But, insist on having the time for inspection, oil analysis, etc. - to be sure you know it is a good deal, and if it is not, that the price is appropriate for work ahead if required.

Many, many good units for sale now, and at good prices.

-Get it inspected
-Age of tires?
-As said, leaks or rot?
-All systems work?
-Age of batteries?
-Engine analysis, and oil analysis
-Review maint records if available

Sure, move fast if you can, but do be sure it is what you think it is...

Best of luck,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:40 AM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
2002 36' CC intrigue owner. We had to replace the radiator, and the inverter. Check all hoses and look for weather cracks same with tires and belts. Get all of the service receipts. Look at how frequently they had it serviced including the generator. Check for leaks and check all seals. Also google that year and model for recalls and see if any apply.

Here's one site: Country Coach Intrigue 1999 - car safety information, failing parts, recalls, bulletins, complaints

by the way we love ours
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:57 AM   #6

ps check the seals on the slide. By the way check out oodle.com for comparables they check sites all over the web. It may give you some leverage. But beware of the ones that sound too good to be true 99.999% of scams. Also make sure you do a full and complete check for more information on how to do that go to rv.org pay the price and read over ALL the material before you buy. It will be the best money you spend on your rv
Old 03-10-2012, 11:13 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for your replies.I found this deal close to home and the owner just got in a bind with new house I looking at $27000 he is the orignal owner and I will get Aa chassis,and engine checked out.I will put that in my buyers order.Just was trying to find out any known problems on coach. Thanks again.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:46 PM   #8

this is one of those that sounds too good to be true. Make sure you can smell it, taste it, touch it, and they have the title before you give one penny. $27 k sounds like it's way too good to be true. Be Careful.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:50 PM   #9

ps check out this site on oodle. for 1999 Allures

"allure" | 1999 Country Coach RVs & Motorhomes for Sale in Fort Collins, Colorado | Used Motorhomes & RVs on Oodle Marketplace

None are even close to $27 k
Old 03-10-2012, 06:58 PM   #10

CC did have a recall on some coaches around that vintage. It was for undersize tires on the front. CC did cover the cost of the recall by replacing the tires.Sorry but I don't know more exact info.

The '99 is one of the better coaches as they were built by CC when it was CC and not under National.
dons2346 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:16 PM   #11

27,000 sounds very cheap. But 12 years of fulltiming could mean most house systems are worn out. Make sure you are getting clear title. If it smells fishy at all open an escrow for the deal. You put in the money and he puts in clear title. Escrow makes sure you do not get taken. Buyer and seller should each pay half on the escrow.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:07 PM   #12

See my reply in the Class A section. Unless you've been through it sounds like it's a scam.
Be careful and don't pay a dime till you've been through it and see the title. No matter how secure they say the payment system is!!!!
Old 03-11-2012, 06:50 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks again. Checked coach again today to set up appt.with mech. and found most of silde has dry rot.Trying to find out what to expect as far as me doing it or if I have to have it done.I am dealing directly with bank at this point.Seems to look at a long shot,but I am handy hopefully enough to fix this if the rest of coach turn out.