Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-12-2010, 02:54 PM   #1

Affinity Wheelbase

Does anyone know what the WB is on a 42' Affinity and/or Magna? (2001 to 2004) I am wanting to purchase an A (maybe a M) but not sure about WB. I have the CC pdf on them both, but the stated WB for a 42' (@ 270") cannot be correct? FYI - I'm wanting to buy, so if you have one to sell, please contact me.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2010, 11:34 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
What is your discomfort with the 270" ? That is about 53% of the length of the unit which is not unusual.

Even though the 42' has a tag axle, I think the wheel base is measured between the center of the front axle to the center of the rear driven axle. The tag helps in calculating the bridge formula for weight carrying compliance but not included in the wheel base which is the pivot points to calculate turning radius. (I think).

1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 02:55 PM   #3

At 270", that leaves 234" or 19.5' that extends from the front wheel to the front bumper (maybe 3-4') and from between the rear wheels to the rear bumper (15-16'). That cannot be accurate?
Old 05-20-2010, 10:01 PM   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Nuttmann
I loaned my disks out to some friends who are looking for a motor home, but I can tell you the RVCG has all the stats of wheelbase lengths for years 1993 +. We have a 2002 42' tag Affinity and I don't know what the wheelbase is, but did before I bought it. I wanted to make sure the ratio was high enough. Seems like it was more than the 53% stated by previous poster. I seem to remember the ratio was in the range of 56-58%. We love ours, and are not interested in selling. The interior of ours is custom and it is beautiful. When I say custom what I mean is that it was an option that year. It is a south west theme with stained glass cactus and south west colors. Whenever we park it and stay a few days we always get at least one person come up to us to say what a beautiful coach it is. I think so too. The paint is almost 8 years old and looks like new.

We just got ours last fall. We have had the usual fix ups. Nothing big but it does take a while. And takes money. We insisted on a premium 3 years extended warranty. We got Extra Ride - I think they are tops. IMHO the warranty has been worth every penny and more. Email me if you have any questions.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:22 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbriggs View Post
At 270", that leaves 234" or 19.5' that extends from the front wheel to the front bumper (maybe 3-4') and from between the rear wheels to the rear bumper (15-16'). That cannot be accurate?
My rig is a perfect 38'. 10' from center of rear axle to end. 6' from front bumper to center of front axle.

That leaves 22' of wheel base on a 38' coach.

The wheel base of the single axle and the tag axle coach will be about the same since each has only one driven axle (a tag axle is not a tandem axle).

The Affinity has a tag axle. That will add at least 4' from center of the driven rear axle to the center of the tag axle and to the overall length of the Affinity but not much more wheelbase.

That 4' is the approximate difference in length of the two coaches.

So the Affinity will likely have the 270" or 22.5' wheelbase as mentioned.
1995 CC Magna #5280
Old 05-25-2010, 01:08 PM   #6

Thanks for the replies. I have bought a 40' Magna. Wheelbase measures about 245".
jbriggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:30 AM   #7

Congratulations on a Fine purchase. You will enjoy that Magna.

1995 CC Magna #5280