Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2013, 01:08 PM   #1

Air bag deflate when coach in gear

I have a neighbor who owns a 02 Country Coach. It has been parked for a couple months. He took it out of his garage to use for company. Upon starting he aired up the air bags then put it in gear and the air bags deflated. Any ideas? Ken Parsons
Ken Parsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2013, 09:20 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
All the air bags deflated? I would place a call to CC service and ask their opinion or advice. They are usually very receptive.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:58 PM   #3

Not being a CC owner I thought CC went bankrupt and no one was home. Do you have a phone number? My neighbor is not an RVer but just owns one, if you know what I mean. Ken Parsons
Ken Parsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:00 AM   #4

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Country Coach They have a booming parts and service center and the rumors are they are gearing up to start building coaches again.

Ron Lee, one of the original CC brothers, bought the company back after the bankruptcy and brought the company back to life.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:28 PM   #5

If it is all the bags I don't know but if it's only one it's more than likely a bad air leveling valve. One way to test it. drive it out of the garage on to the street. Place it in neutral and set the brake. See if the coach will level itself while the brake is set and hold air. Then go to the Left front compartmant and pull the 7.5 amp fuse for the air bags. Then put it in gear and take the air brake off. It it holds air it is 99% sure it's one of the air leveling valves. If it doesn't hold air with the fuse out then I have no idea what it is. Note that he can do all this without crawling under the coach. Which is something you do not want to do if you have air bag problems.
The reason I speak with such certainty is that I too have a 2002 CC 36' and have had to replace all 3 air leveling valves. The last one I had go bad was about 300 miles from someplace that might be able to fix it. So I figured out the fuse trick. One thing to note if they take it to the shop and the mechanics start by pulling the wiriing diagram the oweners will more than likely get stuck with a big bill and not have the problem fixed. If they are thinking about taking it to Transwest in Grand Jucntion, Co. Tell them to drive to Denver. Those idiots can't even spell HWH.
Good Luck
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:58 PM   #6

I have been thinking about this for a couple of days and I have no idea. I do suggest you check the HWH website for some troubleshooting tips and then call HWH.
dons2346 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:04 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
I would think it has to be something in the control board that is giving the solenoid valves voltage (12 vdc) to dump. The air leveling valves them selfs will not dump, they hold a preset level.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:21 PM   #8

We have a 2000 Intrigue with the same problem. Taking out the 7.5 amp fuse in the HWH panel to bypass travel mode and the bags don't deflate. I talked with HWH and they said this proves it is not the controller but the height valves. I haven't looked for replacements yet to replace and confirm. With the fuse out you can manually set the proper ride height and travel. The Tavel light will still be on when in gear but the bags stay inflated as you last set them. When parked the system will still auto level like normal.

If anyone has suggestions on where to get the height valves that would be nice.
2000 Country Coach Intrigue #11075
stkhlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:18 PM   #9

"If anyone has suggestions on where to get the height valves that would be nice."

You can get valves from your local NAPA auto parts store or and big truck parst store. They are nothing specific to CC.
dons2346 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:14 AM   #10

I have the same problem with my 1991 Beaver. The air bags fill properly and then when I put it in gear to travel, one of the right side air bag/bags deflates.

I saw the instructions above about taking out the fuse but my unit is so old I'm not sure how to do that. In fact, I have no idea where to find the control with the fuse. I believe it's a 14 x 9 by 3 box... would that be right?

Any ideas out there where Beaver might have stashed that thing?

Thanks!
Jan
Old 01-26-2014, 06:28 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janshark View Post
I have the same problem with my 1991 Beaver. The air bags fill properly and then when I put it in gear to travel, one of the right side air bag/bags deflates.

I saw the instructions above about taking out the fuse but my unit is so old I'm not sure how to do that. In fact, I have no idea where to find the control with the fuse. I believe it's a 14 x 9 by 3 box... would that be right?

Any ideas out there where Beaver might have stashed that thing?

Thanks!
Jan
ours was located under the front dash behind a panel in front of the co-pilot but that is on a 2000 Country Coach.

good luck!
2000 Country Coach Intrigue #11075
stkhlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:19 AM   #12

Thank you for your help.

I actually found it yesterday, took off the cover and guess what, no 7.5 amp fuse. They were all 5's and 15's or 30's (I think). Fortunately the cover had a schematic which showed which fuse should have been the 7.5 amp fuse and I pulled it out.

And joy, oh joy... when I put the rv in travel, the bags didn't deflate. I am SO thrilled as I have had this problem for quite some time.

And I'm kind of proud of myself for managing to do it (I'm a 54 year old woman).

A big thank you IRV2 forum. You came through for me once again.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:01 AM   #13

Just an additional caution.

Removing the fuse is a temporary solution to get the rig to a repair service.

With the fuse removed, you will have to guess at the correct ride height for travel.

The ideal ride height establishes the best angle for your drive shaft to do its job.

Extensive use of the wrong selection might cause problems for your drive shaft which will likely be much more expensive than a new ride height valve.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:46 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My Father had the same issue with his 43 Magna. It was a bad solenoid.