Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2013, 05:08 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Air Bag problems (suspension) and trick

I'm currently about 300 miles from anyone who can even spell HWH air bags. The problem I have is that in the road mode the two front bags go flat. It will level out fine when parked. I had it looked at and the shop I took it to "was pretty sure" it was a control box at about $4000. So I decided to get a different opinion. However I have to drive about 300 miles.
So here's the trick. level the coach out as close to ride height as you can guess. Then look for the 7.5 amp fuse that says "leveling". And pull it out. Mine is in the L front compartment fuse box. You should still have air in your air bags and be able to drive down the road without pounding on the rubber pads. Needless to say this is a last resort and you should drive slowly and carefully. I seem to be able to do 55 mph but try to avoid any sudden moves. But it beats driving at 15 or 20 mph without the air in the bags.
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2013, 05:13 PM   #2

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Nice trick, thanks for the info.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:33 PM   #3

I believe the thread took a turn off topic. While informative the OP was talking about auto levelers using factory installed air bags using the vehicles on board compressor.

Somehow the thread addressed manual bags that need to be adjusted according to weight and/or ride preference. Just sayin.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:41 PM   #4

You are off base Coaster. Those of us with CC's know what the OP is talking about.

To the OP. First thing I would do is check out the front ride height valve as those will fail and give the symptoms you describe. A new valve is in the 50 bux range. The control box is no where near $4K. I had mine replaced and the cost was in the 600 bux range. If you do need one, contact HWH as they might have a rebuilt unit.

Pumper, you did exactly right in the way you got the coach to ride height. It becomes a little more dicey if you have to do that with the rear as you have to deal with the driveline angle. When you get the coach fixed, take some measurements on all four corners while the coach is at ride height so that, if you have to, you can replicate the height. I measured from the top of the wheel well to the ground, just make sure you are on a level surface

I checked your profile to see what year your coach is but it wasn't listed and by the way, you misspelled "Intrigue"
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:44 AM   #5

Thanks Don'w

Thanks for the tip on the height check Don's and also the spell check. The coach is a 2002 36' Intrigue.
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:25 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumper9x9 View Post
Thanks for the tip on the height check Don's and also the spell check. The coach is a 2002 36' Intrigue.
Mine is an '02 40ft Intrigue so I feel more comfortable in what I told you. I picked it up at the factory with only 79 miles on it so I have had a long time to figure things out. Anything else you have a question about?
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suspension