Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2019, 07:36 AM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Air Compressor

Can you all recommend a compressor? I know a recommendation was made in another thread about tire pressure but I can’t find it. Thx!
Jubilee 45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2019, 07:47 AM   #2

Oklahoma Boomers Club
I don't have one (yet) but I've heard great things about the VIAIR models. This is the one on my list:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0141KJTKQ...IRUIF4V4&psc=0
2005 42' Country Coach Intrigue Ovation LE "Nairobi" #11868, Cat C-13
Him: USAF, Retired
Her: RN, CPC, CPMA, COC
With Skye the mini-Aussie velocimuncher and Maybelle, her ferocious little half-sister
Jean n Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 08:20 AM   #3

Depends on how much you want to spend etc.

Personally we have the Ryobi battery powered. Takes the same batteries as the work light, blower, impact wrenches, and drill we carry.

It is slower than some of the others but has auto stop at set pressure and will go up to 150 lbs max.

Price was great too at about $40.

When we upsize for retirement may get a different one but this one has served us quite well so far. All the batteries being interchangeable between tools is great as well.
Gumpster808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 08:27 AM   #4
TTD

I went with the VIAIR and am happy with it.
TTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 09:03 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
X3 on Viair.
Old 04-26-2019, 09:39 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean n Steve View Post
I don't have one (yet) but I've heard great things about the VIAIR models. This is the one on my list:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0141KJTKQ...IRUIF4V4&psc=0

Yep, it's 100% duty rated. Does a better job airing up our coach tires, especially the duals that have Crossfires so pumping air into tow tires at a time, then our 150 rated pancake compressor at home.

A less expensive model is available, and would probably do fine as well, but having a friend go thru a few non 100% duty rated units - I paid the slight extra costs fro the unit linked!

Best to you,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 09:53 AM   #7

Thank you all for the advice. The Viair has been recommended before as I now recall and will go in that direction.

Fair winds and following seas!
Old 04-28-2019, 10:02 AM   #8

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
Yep, it's 100% duty rated. Does a better job airing up our coach tires, especially the duals that have Crossfires so pumping air into tow tires at a time, then our 150 rated pancake compressor at home.

A less expensive model is available, and would probably do fine as well, but having a friend go thru a few non 100% duty rated units - I paid the slight extra costs fro the unit linked!

Best to you,
Smitty
Thanks for that confirmation - I've looked at both the less expensive one and the 100% duty-rated one and "wish listed" the 100%er. I think that's my #2 purchase, right behind the TPMS.
2005 42' Country Coach Intrigue Ovation LE "Nairobi" #11868, Cat C-13
Him: USAF, Retired
Her: RN, CPC, CPMA, COC
With Skye the mini-Aussie velocimuncher and Maybelle, her ferocious little half-sister
Jean n Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 10:08 AM   #9

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Went through 3 of the cheaper tank and non tank models. Finally bought a Viair 450 RV unit. Works great but slow on my 4 - 365/70's and 4 - 315/80 tires.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 08:41 PM   #10

I just added a connection to the coach air and use that. I set my air pressure at 130 and have been using it that way sense 2003 or 2004 with no issues.
Saves me carrying around the additional compressor.
'99 Allure 36' #30307
Enjoying it while we can. 200,000+ and counting!
Burfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 02:47 PM   #11

We have the Dickman Doubler too, and did use that with the engine compressor for awhile too... Really like the Viair compressor, and have removed the Doubler for now. (Have a friend that indicated he wanted it, but has not come by to get it yet!).

We also have one other compressor which we take with us in the Toad for various usages. It's the inexpensive, good for about 18-24 months on average, Home Depot $29 or so 12V (They have 120V available too.) Husky unit. Have never had one of these small Husky's compressor stop working, but the hoses usually are the weak link.) We use them for bike tires, or blow up water devices, etc...

Best to you all,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, compressor