Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2015, 10:41 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Air Conditioning Dilemma

I have a 1990 Country Coach Concept motorhome. It's on a Gillig chassis and has two separate R22 basement air conditioning units. The compressor has gone bad on the living room unit and I haven't been able to find anyone willing or able to work on it. Does anyone know if I can have this system replaced with something like a 410A system or convert the old system? The bedroom AC works great but I'm sure I'll be faced with the same dilemma down the road with it as well someday. I'm in California and I have tried contacting CCC to see if they can help but they haven't answered yet. Just sent them another email.

Any input is appreciated!
2006 Jeep Wrangler X, Blue Ox Towbar
Rsponsford is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2015, 08:44 AM   #2

You might try Temecula RV 951-894-2347 or Holland Motor Coach (Southern CA). Also there is a place in Livermore, send me a message and I will get the name and phone number.
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 04:32 PM   #3

Talk to Jim Cooley at Oregon Motor Coach at the Eugene Airport.

Many of their people are former CC employes and the service reputation is excellent.

I recently had great service there.

Oregon Motorcoach Center | Premium RV Service | Eugene, OR.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 05:30 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandec View Post
Talk to Jim Cooley at Oregon Motor Coach at the Eugene Airport.

Many of their people are former CC employes and the service reputation is excellent.

I recently had great service there.

Oregon Motorcoach Center | Premium RV Service | Eugene, OR.
What Dean said. They answer their phones, they call you back, and the don't BS you. If they can't help you they have no problem referring you some one who might be able to.
Good Luck
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 11:10 PM   #5

So here's a quick update on my air conditioning journey. I finally found a local HVAC technician who was willing to look at my basement system. We worked together the whole day removing the system after he recovered all of the R22 refrigerant. As it turns out the compressor was fine. The condenser fan wasn't operating for some reason. At first the fan was stiff when we tried turning it by hand, but for some reason it freed up and now spins freely by hand. We recharged the system and ran it for a few hours and it seems to be working properly now. I'm concerned about closing it all back in just to have the condenser fan fail again, but to replace the fan would require evacuating the system again and lots of time. At this point I am leaning towards just putting it back together and running it a lot to see how it does. I think it's original failure was a result not being operated over prolonged periods.

Russ
Old 09-18-2015, 09:48 AM   #6

Hope it works well for you.

Good to read the result of your initiative.

Your result post may be helpful to others in the future.

The search function on these forums is a wonderful resource.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 10:33 AM   #7

Glad you got things running Russ. I know squat about Concepts so I kept my mouth shut. This has been a learning experience for me. The Concept is an interesting coach, almost into the "cult" status
Old 09-22-2015, 10:53 PM   #8

It certainly is an interesting coach. I'm still very impressed with the build quality, especially for its age. I put everything back together a few days ago and have probably been able to put about 30 hours on the AC system. So far it's working great. The plywood housing around the condensor side of the system is such an incredibly tight fit I decided to take it apart and then reinstall it in sections. That turned out to be a hundred times easier and will make it much easier if I ever have to take it apart again. Now the duct temperature is 37° less than the outside air temperature. Of course, I picked the hottest week of the month to work on it.

Tags
air conditioning