Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-25-2015, 10:22 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Thanks. Did you put any Teflon tape on the threads?
Always when I put an air fitting on.

Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2015, 06:54 AM   #16

1/4 inch fittings

Old 04-26-2015, 09:47 AM   #17

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
What is the size - 1/4" or 3/8"?
I use 1/4". Everything in my shop is 1/4" and all of the auxiliary fittings in the coach are 1/4". The brake air lines may be larger but I have not had occasion to do anything to them.

FWIW
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, 2012 Cherokee Overland
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 11:12 AM   #18

Glad you got Kevin's contact info. Best to review his offerings with him as far as setting up a sort of retainer for knowledge services!

https://www.google.com/search?q=Hald...ed=0CAcQ_AUoAg

Here are pictures of a Haldex Height Control Valve typically found on many CC's. (This is for sure the 2002 say 2005/6 series for Allure and Intrigue. Your Affinity could be different.)

Most coaches have two valves on the rear, and one valve on the front. Look at these pictures, and you will see one that has metal wire arms in the picture. Many times you buy a replacement valve, and just shift the arms from the old to the new.

Hope this is not needed, and it sorts it's self out by going thru a few cycles.

Best,
Smitty
Old 04-26-2015, 05:09 PM   #19
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Smitty: Thank you for the info and also for providing the link. Where is the height control valve located?
I really look forward to contacting Kevin - I have a ton of questions to ask him.
As far as the height goes. I started it today and played with the HWH Controls - level the coach and took the key out. It seems to be OK.
I want to thank every one for offering suggestions.
Regards to all!
Old 04-27-2015, 09:34 AM   #20

On our 04 era Allure, the front height control valve is easier to access from crawling in from behind the passenger front wheel. About 1/3 of the way in towards the middle, tucked up above the bottom of the coach. Sometimes everything gets coasted with the same color of debris from traveling, and spotting the wire hanger type wire levers is easier then seeing the valve.

But, sure could be different in your coach. Suspect that your CC Manuals will give you and indication of where all the valves are.

Smitty
Old 04-27-2015, 10:40 AM   #21

Country Coach Owners Club
@ srh. Kevin is in Oregon so he is west coast time. Forgot to tell you that before. He will answer his phone at any time. Butch the technical guy owns an RV shop in Lakeland Florida. If you decide to go with their service, Kevin will be your contact for parts mainly and Butch will be the guru who will walk you through fixing stuff.
Stratman50th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 05:16 PM   #22
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Smitty: Thank you very much - I'll keep that in mind. I'll look at the manual too.

Stratman50th: Thank you, too, that is very helpful. I didn't know Kevin and Butch worked together. I called around 11 .a.m. E.Std.T. and left a message for Kevin, but haven't heard from him.