RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-21-2019, 05:03 PM   #1

Air leak in leveling system?

2007 CC Intrigue with tag. Does anyone have the same problem that I do? With the engine not running, over 24 hrs the coach will start to tilt to the left, indicating an air leak either in an air bag or maybe in one of many solenoids that control air to the airbag. Since the entire side sags, it is not clear which axel, front or rear, is causing the problem.
CONDITIONS; engine off, coach on level pad. HWH leveling system OFF.

My guess is that it is a leaky solenoid in the HWH 2000 LEVELING SYSTEM. Just wondering if anyone has had this issue. THANKS. attached is system diagram.

PBK Images is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2019, 07:18 PM   #2

Every coach with air leveling has this issue to one degree or another. This is what the 12V aux air compressor is for.

If you want to stay level don't turn the leveling system off. Or, since you're on a level pad just dump the air and let the coach sit on its stops.

gsander1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 07:47 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsander1 View Post
Every coach with air leveling has this issue to one degree or another. This is what the 12V aux air compressor is for.

If you want to stay level don't turn the leveling system off. Or, since you're on a level pad just dump the air and let the coach sit on its stops.
Thanks for your reply--once the coach has been leveled-if the leveling system is in auto monitoring mode, it will first try to lower the high side, not raise the low side, which would be the first choice, but that is not how this HWH system works. But if you saw how much this coach tilts even after 12 hrs, you would want to correct the problem. Yes, my home pad is level enough, but other pads are not, as I am sure you know.

I just had a reverse shoulder replacement so can't crawl under the coach for a few months. and probably can't drive it for 5 weeks or more. Thanks again.
Old 11-21-2019, 08:14 PM   #4

Spend a lot of time working on my system and still finding stuff. The question of which bags are leaking of. Try this. Level it off using the air. Put the jacks down just enough to support it.leave it for a couple of days and “feel” the bags to see which ones are soft. That’s how I figure out the area I need to concentrate on.
kenwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 09:05 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenwyatt View Post
Spend a lot of time working on my system and still finding stuff. The question of which bags are leaking of. Try this. Level it off using the air. Put the jacks down just enough to support it.leave it for a couple of days and “feel” the bags to see which ones are soft. That’s how I figure out the area I need to concentrate on.
Good idea but no jacks. Thanks.
Old 11-21-2019, 10:48 PM   #6

Did not see a attachment. Sounds like you’re system may be a lot like my 10 bag shy. I have found leaking PPV valves, easy and cheap to fix. Also had my drivers front corner to go down. Harder to locate. The front manifold has a single 1/4 inch tube going to a small tank that goes through 2 each 1 inch braided hoses to the air bags 1 located in front and 1 located behind the wheel. Duplicated on the other side but completely separate. Even in the manifold the sides are separated. Problem was about 1 inch back from the fitting going into the top of the bag it was leaking through the hose but due to the routing I could not see it with soap water and only found it by removing it and putting the hose under pressure in a sink. I have a couple of post that has pictures of some of what I have found so far. Saying that I now have the passenger side drive axle and both tag axle bags leaking off . I do have jacks as well and that helps. Sorry to hear about the shoulder. And another dimension to it
kenwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 07:48 AM   #7

Bottom line is there's one or more leaks in your HWH system. The HWH logic of lowering the high side sure is annoying but it's due to their attempt to keep the coach as low as possible. I had a very similar issue and replaced an air bag and a leaky 20 psi pressure switch. We can now park for weeks+ and leave the HWH off. No cycling and no drooping. I wish you a speedy recovery from your surgery. That said, I'd let someone else crawl around and check out the entire system for leaks. I'll bet your shoulder will be ready to drive your rig to a repair facility way before its ready to be crawling underneath your coach.
Old 11-22-2019, 09:47 AM   #8

Thanks for your good wishes. You are correct about the drive vs crawl decision. I hope to be able to drive 6 weeks after surgery but we will see. Right now I at only at day 11 but doing pretty well.

Thanks to all.

Tags
air, leak, leveling